Amphur Marriage registration headache

Jacksped

Hey all, I'm an US citizen.

I have a translated affirmation of freedom to marry with the stamp of the mfa, and my fiance has all her documents in order but every amphur we've been to has come up with some bullshit excuse not to marry us.

For example, one amphur wanted her parents to be present, another amphur wanted 4 known witnesses that can speak english and thai, another wanted me to bring along a personal translator, and another believed all the documents were fake and wanted to send them all to bkk to get checked, with no promise as to when they get a reply.

I've flown back to Bangkok because I assumed it would be easier here, but the amphur in Laksi now wants a cettified true translated copy of my passport from the embassy with the stamp from the mfa also, just signing a copy is not enough now.

So, does anyone know of an amphur that hasn't gone completly rule crazy?

Check the US Embassy website.  There are only two Amphur's recognized in Bangkok for getting married. (can't member which ones.)  Read their list of requirements. All documents you need is there and they need to be submitted to be translated and approved by MFA. Go to a translation service, they'll handle everything for you. Make copies of every thing and don't let go of the originals.  Once you have those documents you can then go to any Amphur as you have tried.  Each seem to have their own set of rules.  How old is your fiancee?  If they want her parent there sounds like she's old enough.

Quick update, ended going to Koh Samui and did it there. If you want a hassle free marriage, no documents other than your passport and affirmation of freedom document needed, no need to bring a personal translator 2 witnesses either, call beforehand if the manager is there though.

Looks like the requirements are getting tougher. When I was doing my research only last week, I was under the impression that all that was needed was the legalised translation of the Affirmation plus passport. My Embassy suggested otherwise. I decided to go with an 'all in' service with a translation service in BKK - at the Ari Amphur - they say all we need (with their help of course) is the legalised translation of the Affirmation and my passport. Will update after the big day next week!