Do WP holders w 1 yr visa have to do 90 day reports?

Can one of the experts please advise on this question. Thanks.

Also, I assume if the WP holder is living with company owner then the company owner needs to report there is a foreigner domiciled in his house. Is that correct?

Thanks. 

I think it comes down to terminology again. If the work permit holder indeed has a 1 year visa, then it will be multi-entry for 90 day visits, ie, the visa holder has to leave the country at least every 90 days. If that is the case then they don't have to do 90 day reporting.

If however the work permit holder is on a 1 year extension of stay based on work/marriage, etc, then yes, they will have to do 90 day reporting if they intend being in-country for more than 90 days.

Not an expert, but that's how it works for me.

• Like 2

I think it comes down to terminology again. If the work permit holder indeed has a 1 year visa, then it will be multi-entry for 90 day visits, ie, the visa holder has to leave the country at least every 90 days. If that is the case then they don't have to do 90 day reporting.

If however the work permit holder is on a 1 year extension of stay based on work/marriage, etc, then yes, they will have to do 90 day reporting if they intend being in-country for more than 90 days.

Your right & previous poster is wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, allane said:

All foreigners have to report their place of residence every 90 days, regardless of their type of visa.

Well PR holders don't have to do any reporting at all, ever, and house / hotel owners don't have to advise anybody about PR folks sleeping in their premises.

But is PR a visa? 

47 minutes ago, allane said:

All foreigners have to report their place of residence every 90 days, regardless of their type of visa.

Not quite right if on non o multi entry you leave te country and reenter for another 90 days no report

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Not quite right if on non o multi entry you leave te country and reenter for another 90 days no report

Exactly right as if on a 90 day visa you are never in country over 90 days so no report.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Well PR holders don't have to do any reporting at all, ever, and house / hotel owners don't have to advise anybody about PR folks sleeping in their premises.

But is PR a visa? 

PR is not a visa.

Holders of a residents permit (PR) have indefinite leave to stay and do not need to report.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I doubt its a visa but all foreigners (on Visa's no matter what visa elite too) have to report for 90 days if they stay more than 90 days in the country. If they leave before the 90 days the counting starts again, you only have to report if you stay here more than 90 days.

Only foreigners with a temporary permit to stay of longer than 90 days have to report if they stay longer than 90 days.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, allane said:

The only visa holders that need to do 90 day reports are TE and O(A) - no one else has to or can.

12 hours ago, elviajero said:

Having a work permit has nothing to do with your need to report.

• If your permission to stay is based on a multiple entry non-immigrant VISA you have to leave on or before the 90th day, therefore, no need to report.
  • If you have a 1 year extension of stay you have to report if you stay in the country longer than 90 days. Reports are required every 90 days.

The owner, housemaster (person named in the properties house registration book (Tabien Baan), or possessor of the property should report any foreigner living at the address using form TM.30.

The Non-Immigrant O(A) allows 1 year stays on each entry and therefore you are required to do 90 day reports, same as the TE visa, and both of those are multi-entry Non-imm visas - so you are not quite correct.

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Yes. Every 90 days. If you fail to do so and do not exit the country you will be on overstay.

Nonsense.

You cannot be on "overstay" for failing to do a 90 day report.

You're on overstay if you stay longer than your 'permission to stay' date.

You can be fined for not doing the 90 day report but that is usually 2,000 baht.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, allane said:

..  and regardless of passport renewal, annual extension based on marriage, work permit renewal, hospitalization. 

No reason not to do 90 day report. The 90 day report is totally separate silo from the universe. Its clock is UTC time. Ignore it at your peril.

Not recommended but if you leave every 89 days and then reenter one or two days later with another visa you never will have to d a 90 day report as you are never in country longer than 90 days in a row.

However, the trips into ad out of Thailand will be ridiculously  expensive.

Not really practical but in theory, possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Not recommended but if you leave every 89 days and then reenter one or two days later with another visa you never will have to d a 90 day report as you are never in country longer than 90 days in a row.

However, the trips into ad out of Thailand will be ridiculously  expensive.

Not really practical but in theory, possible.

"with another visa" ? What are you on about ?

So to be sure I understand, I used my re-entry visa last week on return from Hong Kong, and the ninety day clock reset to day one?

Then my next duty will be renewal of permission to stay for retirement. Yay.

16 hours ago, chrisinth said:

This 90 day reporting is so outdated and is one reason a company that I know decided not to locate here in Thailand because of their very dated immigration and WP laws

Ok so they only would have employed a couple of hundred people but still if they came to this conclusion then how many other companies have also decided this I wonder

8 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

This 90 day reporting is so outdated and is one reason a company that I know decided not to locate here in Thailand because of their very dated immigration and WP laws

Ok so they only would have employed a couple of hundred people but still if they came to this conclusion then how many other companies have also decided this I wonder

How many of that couple of hundred people would be farangs requiring a WP and 90 day reporting.

AFAIR to employ 1 farang you need to employ 4 Thais. Therefore for a couple of hundred employees you could only employ 40 farangs.

When I worked here with Motorola in the 1990s our HR department run by a lovely Thai lady covered all of that and we only went to the MoL once a year where our work permits etc were fast tracked.

17 hours ago, allane said:

So wrong if you have a non-o and exit the country every 3 months.

5 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Only on overstay if your on a visa. Extensions of visa and dont do 90 day report, not on overstay but you will be fined

Your not extending your Visa.

A Visa cannot be extended.

The Visa ends and you extend your permission to stay.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, allane said:

Actually your not reporting your place of residence every 90 days.

Proof of residence is only shown at annual extensions.

I take nothing more than my Passport to make 90 day reports.

Your reporting staying longer than 90 days;

TM.47
FORM FOR ALIEN TO NOTIFY OF STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS