Do WP holders w 1 yr visa have to do 90 day reports?

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Really. In my 14 years here I've fkd up a couple of times for being late with my 90 days and been done for overstay (pay money, stamp in passport). But maybe you know better than me. :coffee1:

Interesting, Due to the online reporting being down I had forgotten to do a my reporting in February, I was fine 2000b but no stamp in passport of any kind.

1 hour ago, chickenrunCM said:

??? why you posting such a b***sh*t, not reporting has nothing to do with overstay

When I got this stamp, Immigration said overstay to me. I think it was 8 to 10 days past the 90 days. I'm just saying what they said to me. Bt2000 fine, stamp in passport.

20170504_115257.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

When I got this stamp, Immigration said overstay to me. I think it was 8 to 10 days past the 90 days. I'm just saying what they said to me. Bt2000 fine, stamp in passport.

It looks like an overstay stamp at first glance but it is not one. A overstay stamp has a space for the number of days on the first line by the amount of the fine. The remainder of the numbers are the record number, date and the receipt number.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Strange that I have a stamp in my passport saying I was on overstay when I missed my 90 day report by a week.  The reason I missed it was because I foolishly thought that getting my new extension of stay (based on a BOI WP) would be considered a report.  The folks at the One Stop disagreed, fined me 2000 baht and stamped an overstay in my passport.  That was within 3 weeks of my brand new extension of stay.

There is a late reporting stamp that some offices will put in your passport if you report late. Nothing to worry about and it's not an overstay stamp.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You still need to do 90 day reports if you stay that long.

What if I do not report anything for 1 year ? Will they fine me ? How much ?

8 minutes ago, abab said:

What if I do not report anything for 1 year ? Will they fine me ? How much ?

Up to 5,000 baht for each report missed PLUS 200 baht per day.

Immigration Act.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with. 

8 hours ago, muzmurray said:

I will admit that it is an O-A visa and that my writing of it as O(A) could be hugely misleading ;-)

I called it a TE visa as it they are all issued by Thailand Elite, (through immigration). They are not all PE visas, some are SE (special entry), as the picture will attest to.

I'm sure you are aware that the 'scheme' was revamped, and since then they call the visa a "Privilege Entry Visa". You can no longer get a SE visa.

If you are going to correct people you really should make sure you are factually correct yourself. 

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

There is a late reporting stamp that some offices will put in your passport if you report late. Nothing to worry about and it's not an overstay stamp.

Good information.  What threw me was the fact that 2 IO's and an airline ticket agent all referred to it as an "overstay" stamp  when they saw it at the airport.  Probably a nomenclature/language issue.

More disturbing to me in the first place was the fact that I was fined at all for not reporting- within 3 weeks of getting a new WP and new extension of stay.  Who'd have figured they wouldn't count getting the new extension as reporting to the exact same  One Stop office.  Live and learn.

Edit:  I'd also add that I'm now pissed off that they even wasted a page in my passport for such a mundane penalty.

Edited by impulse

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

Good information.  What threw me was the fact that 2 IO's and an airline ticket agent all referred to it as an "overstay" stamp  when they saw it at the airport.  Probably a nomenclature/language issue.

More disturbing to me in the first place was the fact that I was fined at all for not reporting- within 3 weeks of getting a new WP and new extension of stay.  Who'd have figured they wouldn't count getting the new extension as reporting to the exact same  One Stop office.  Live and learn.

Edit:  I'd also add that I'm now pissed off that they even wasted a page in my passport for such a mundane penalty.

I understand your frustration.

I do think they should reset the 90 day count when you renew an extension of stay. Some offices do, but most don't. They are two separate procedures, but it seems pointless, and time consuming for all concerned, to make you go back 3 weeks later to report an address you confirmed 3 weeks earlier!

Edited by elviajero

20 minutes ago, elviajero said:

I do think they should reset the 90 day count when you renew an extension of stay. Some offices do, but most don't. They are two separate procedures, but it seems pointless, and time consuming for all concerned, to make you go back 3 weeks later to report an address you confirmed 3 weeks earlier!

Mostly, my frustration is the inconsistency.  Leaving the country resets the clock, but getting a new extension doesn't?  But we are talking about a government agency, and around the world they're not noted for efficiency or making it easy for the little guys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

The only time an extension is counted as a 90 day report is the for the very first one. I have never heard of any office doing it any different.

20 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

The only time an extension is counted as a 90 day report is the for the very first one. I have never heard of any office doing it any different.

Some officers/offices issue a new report (slip) date when they process the extension renewal. 

11 hours ago, elviajero said:

Some officers/offices issue a new report (slip) date when they process the extension renewal. 

I would hazard a guess that they only do this if the extension renewal falls within the 90 day reporting window.

21 hours ago, dinsdale said:

20170504_115257.jpg

Translated it states;

This person does not report a stay in the Kingdom for more than 90 days.

Perform a fine comparison.

It's a blotch recorded in your passport, as a failure to comply with the regulations.

2 hours ago, muzmurray said:

I would hazard a guess that they only do this if the extension renewal falls within the 90 day reporting window.

No, my Immigration office have always reset my 90 day report to 90 days from the date of filing an extension, even when it's been way outside the window for doing my next 90 day report.

I've gone 5 months without making a 90 day report, but not saved anything because I've had to make a visit to the office to do the extension in-between anyway.

This year my extension is due 25th July, my 90 day report 25th June.

I'll go on 25th June to file for a new extension. I can guarantee my next 90 day report date will be 23rd October.