PM Prayut reveals details of conversation with US President Trump

PM reveals details of conversation with US President

BANGKOK, 3 May 2017 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has said that his recent phone conversation with US President Donald Trump was an elevation of Thailand’s relations with the US in all dimensions while affirming the Kingdom’s peaceful stance towards solving world issues. 

PM Gen Prayut Chan-ocha has revealed the details of his phone conversation with US leader Donald Trump, who called the premier on April 30. He let on that President Trump lauded the work of the Thai government before discussing areas such as trade, relations and the Korean Peninsula.

The two ended the conversation by extending mutual invitations. Gen Prayut stated it is the government’s policy to maintain peaceful relations with all nations, including world powers, and that it will support the actions of the United Nations and ASEAN taken in relation to North and South Korea.

His remarks were echoed by Foreign Minister Don Poramudwinai, who said Thailand intends to keep in step with UN and ASEAN approaches. His office and the its US counterpart are likely to meet on May 5 for more in-depth discussions.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-03

I would say that I won't believe any of this until it comes out of Trump's mouth, but that really wouldn't make any difference. 

Lauded the government's work, huh? They never miss an opportunity to pat themselves on the back. 

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

He let on that President Trump lauded the work of the Thai government

It is called buttering somebody up.  Trump wants something.  Bike lanes and beach chairs are not things he reads in his daily briefings. 

13 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

It is called buttering somebody up.  Trump wants something.  Bike lanes and beach chairs are not things he reads in his daily briefings. 

Forget the beach chairs and bike lanes, Trump could care less about democracy, copyrights, human trafficking, slave Labour, human rights?

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

I would say that I won't believe any of this until it comes out of Trump's mouth, but that really wouldn't make any difference. 

Lauded the government's work, huh? They never miss an opportunity to pat themselves on the back. 

Yeah because almost 2% of what comes out of Trump's mouth has been found to not be a total lie unlike the 98% of lies that he tells. So let's wait to see what he says so we can feel better.

2 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I wonder if they discussed the immigration issues that both countries have? These issue's are what effect us expats the most in Los.

Don't really think that issue will come up. That is a State Dept. issue.  But, I wish it would.. Maybe someone could pass Trump a note.

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I wonder if they discussed the immigration issues that both countries have? These issue's are what effect us expats the most in Los.

"These issue's are what effect us   U.S.  expats the most in LOS. "

There, that's better. Doesn't affect us Canadians or Aussies or Brits.

I cant help but recall how film producer Michael Curtiz once commented "You people, you think I know <deleted>.nothing; I tell you: I know <deleted> all" Perhaps our esteemed leader misunderstood Mr Trump Bigly? 

I do hope they protest his arrival in the US if he goes. Such a thing is permitted there and there is nothing he can do to stop it, no matter how much he stomps his feet.

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

It is true that Trump raised a white envelope to lick seal it, but the envelope turned brown!!!

:shock1:  :sleepy:

2 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Bet you that he doesn't.

Paying for commissions doesn't teach you jack sh*t.

Woefully simplistic assessment of the man.

I'll make some more coffee which hopefully you will be able to smell.

While I do no think Trump is a good President- his outreach to Thailand makes perfect sense. The two countries have more than a century and a half of relations and Thailand has hosted US Forces during the Vietnam conflict and contributed troops to the Korean War and Vietnam.

Trump needs to know which way Thailand is going to go if war becomes a reality and also how much co-operation will cost in the way of trade deals; providing low cost military equipment etc. Trump doesn't care about elections or any of the other things that bothered the Obama group.

I think only ONE was speaking. And this was Trump. Prayut is said to have stood at attention during the phone call to receive his orders. The phone call was recorded. They needed 4 days to translate. Therefore he could disclose something "already" today. Good job General.

Both "leaders" have issues but if North Korea is truly the focus of the conversation it is a conversation that needs to take place. Any action taken on the Korean peninsula could likely impact the Kingdom. 

Just now, sawadee1947 said:

I think only ONE was speaking. And this was Trump. Prayut is said to have stood at attention during the phone call to receive his orders. The phone call was recorded. They needed 4 days to translate. Therefore he could disclose something "already" today. Good job General.

Or  4  days  to stop  laughing  and  put  back  the   serious  face?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

'... his recent phone conversation with US President Donald Trump was an elevation of Thailand’s relations with the US in all dimensions while affirming the Kingdom’s peaceful stance towards solving world issues. 

Well, any other stance might test the mettle of all those generals.

2 hours ago, Chama1 said:

Both "leaders" have issues but if North Korea is truly the focus of the conversation it is a conversation that needs to take place. Any action taken on the Korean peninsula could likely impact the Kingdom. 

Not according to the TAT. Further proof that they don't know their a___e from their elbow.