Illegal Chinese tour guide wanted for abandoning Phuket tour group

snoop1130

Illegal Chinese tour guide wanted for abandoning Phuket tour group

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_201753175237542_nwiqTyVSwtvdKvVZXlGBDqKBCihZDmcqjLhCJCUF_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- Police are hunting for an illegal Chinese tour guide who abandoned 24 Chinese tourists at the side of the road in Phang Nga yesterday evening after arguing with them about money. 

The tourist police received a report of the incident from the Chinese Consul in Phuket at about 7pm. The tourists had called the consulate for help after they were left stranded on the Kok Kloi-Phang Nga road. 

“At the scene, we found 24 tourists standing outside the bus, along with Nipon Choochom, the bus driver, and Teerasak Saehuang, the Thai tour guide. The Chinese guide, known only as Ms Ammy, had already run away,” said Capt Pittaya Thanawut of the Phuket Tourist Police. 

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Illegal-Chinese-tour-guide-wanted-abandoning-Phuket/66546?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-5-3

Chinese woman arrested as illegal Phuket tour guide after abandoning tourists roadside

The Phuket News

1493815066_1-org.jpg

The Chinese tourists report to Khok Kloi POlice how they were abandoned by Ms Hung. Photo: Khok Kloi Police

PHUKET: -- Police have arrested a Chinese woman for illegally working as a tour guide after she left 22 Chinese tourists abandoned by the side of the road in Phang Nga yesterday (May 2).

Hung Ling, 34, from Guizhou province, was taken into custody at 7pm tonight (May 3), Khok Kloi Police Chief Col Satit Promutai confirmed to The Phuket News.

The 22 Chinese tourists, travelling on a tour provided by Xin Xing Travel & Trading Co Ltd, were abandoned by the roadside in Takua Thung District at about 7pm last night, Col Satit explained.

“The tourists stopped for a meal at the ‘Tong 777’ restaurant in Khok Kloi after a day trip to Similan Islands,” he said.

“After leaving the restaurant, the bus stopped by the side of the road and Ms Hung told the tourists that the bus had broken down She then asked each tourist to pay an extra 1,100 yuan (B5,500) for the trip,”

The total amount Ms Hung asked for was B121,000.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-woman-arrested-as-illegal-phuket-tour-guide-after-abandoning-tourists-roadside-62033.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-04

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“After leaving the restaurant, the bus stopped by the side of the road and Ms Hung told the tourists that the bus had broken down She then asked each tourist to pay an extra 1,100 yuan (B5,500) for the trip,”

Try that trick in a Western country and be happy if you survive it.

7 minutes ago, Thechook said:

So the thai driver stopped the bus and Ling asked for 121,000 baht extra.  Sounds like she was working in partnership with the thais.

Sherlock ----if the tour guide tells the bus driver to pull over and stop ---then that's what he is going to do, I have a feeling he isn't fluent in the mandarin language, so he wouldn't know what she is telling the tourists.......but hay, dont lets miss a chance to blame the Thais for everything----yes he was the mastermind behind it all, that's why he stayed behind.......:coffee1:

I find it interesting that the male Thai guide has been charged with an offence of allowing someone else to use the microphone. What else is he supposed to do if he can't speak Chinese ? Babble on in Thai that nobody understands ?

If an Egyptian or Polish or Brazilian group visits Thailand, I'm pretty sure they're going to be in strife trying to secure a licenced Thai guide with these linguistic skills.

As regards the unlicenced Chinese chic that did a runner .... well, apparently the weather is quite nice now back in China.

Congratulations to  Kritsada Mueanhawong for the well written article in the original Phuket Gazette link.  Well and clearly written and pretty much every angle covered and all the questions that occurred to me as I read it were answered.  Nice to see for a change.   More of the same please.

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

So the guide quit.  The driver was still there and the thai guide so they weren't actually abandoned on the side of the road

I can only imagine the words exchanged between the 2 as the look of fear on their faces...

2 thais vs a pack of loud chinese...oh the horror.....be they were ready to high tail it outta there!

:ph34r:

12 hours ago, electric said:

I find it interesting that the male Thai guide has been charged with an offence of allowing someone else to use the microphone. What else is he supposed to do if he can't speak Chinese ? Babble on in Thai that nobody understands ?

If an Egyptian or Polish or Brazilian group visits Thailand, I'm pretty sure they're going to be in strife trying to secure a licenced Thai guide with these linguistic skills.

As regards the unlicenced Chinese chic that did a runner .... well, apparently the weather is quite nice now back in China.

Many Chinese speaking tourguides available.

10 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Congratulations to  Kritsada Mueanhawong for the well written article in the original Phuket Gazette link.  Well and clearly written and pretty much every angle covered and all the questions that occurred to me as I read it were answered.  Nice to see for a change.   More of the same please.

kudos