Security guard accuses Phuket scion of assault

webfact

Security guard accuses Phuket scion of assault

The Phuket News

1493819839_1-org.jpg

The CCTV footage shows the encounter, which Mr Prasit claims was an unprovoked attack. Image: CCTV

PHUKET: -- Police have confirmed they are investigating a complaint from a security guard who says he was assaulted in an unprovoked attack by a man from a prominent Phuket family in Phuket Town last Friday (April 28).

Prasit Pimloi, 44, a security guard for Tilok Co Ltd, in his complaint filed with Phuket City Police reported that the man who assaulted him was Chana Thavornwongwong, whose brother owns Tilok Co Ltd – who Mr Prasit works for.

Mr Prasit provided CCTV footage of the incident, which shows a large silver SUV pulling into the car park of the Tilok Co Ltd’s offices on Phuket Rd in Phuket Town at 9:50am. Mr Prasit approaches the vehicle and salutes the man who exits from the driver’s side, as he reported in his complaint.

Mr Prasit then walks around the vehicle and after an obvious exchange of words, the man from the vehicle seems to shove Mr Prasit and after what he seems to launch a tirade of words, he hits Mr Prasit several times.

In the ensuing exchange, Mr Prasit does retaliate.

Mr Prasit reported the incident by phone to Phuket City Police at 10am, with Pol Capt Kraisorn Pakaraya called to investigate.

“I tried to protect myself, but it was of no help. There were residents and tourists in the area, but nobody came to help me,” Mr Prasit told reporters yesterday, who came to question him as the incident came to light only after the CCTV footage gained traction on social media sites over the past few days.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/security-guard-accuses-phuket-scion-of-assault-62034.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-04

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

the incident came to light only after the CCTV footage gained traction on social media sites over the past few days.

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Mr Prasit provided CCTV footage of the incident,

Unfortunately, Mr Prasit will end up in more trouble than his attacker, computer laws etc.........

What exactly is a 'scion'? It seems to be 'son of a wealthy man who is full of his own self-importance and lives off Daddy's money' as seen by the 'Patong Scion' (and potential next Mayor- god help us).

I'm not a fan of social media per se but in Thailand it seems to be the way ahead- difficult to cover up arrogant behaviour, be it driving or fighting, when its plastered all over the net.

I'm sure that this will turn out to be a 'mis-understanding' though.

Edited by Psimbo

So if your dad made money and your family has some sort of standing, that makes you a "scion"?

“We assure you that we are investigating the incident with fairness even though one party is a son of a famous wealthy family,” Capt Kraisorn said.

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

What exactly is a 'scion'? It seems to be 'son of a wealthy man who is full of his own self-importance and lives off Daddy's money' as seen by the 'Patong Scion' (and potential next Mayor- god help us).

I'm not a fan of social media per se but in Thailand it seems to be the way ahead- difficult to cover up arrogant behaviour, be it driving or fighting, when its plastered all over the net.

I'm sure that this will turn out to be a 'mis-understanding' though.

The people of LOS have been practicing this behavior for a long time. If one has any influence or is connected to any one that has influence whither real or not,they feel that that must show their authority.Look at the TV dramas and see if you can go 30 minutes with out seeing someone either yelling at or hitting a servant or one whom is perceived as a lower.It will never change.

I actually know the man Chana the accused. He is a very devout Buddhist and a really nice guy. He shunned a materialistic lifestyle to become a monk last time I saw him. Shaved eyebrows and all. This is definitely out of character and obviously more to the story.
The Tavorn hotel chain is everywhere on Phuket. They own a lot of land.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, sebastion said:

I actually know the man Chana the accused. He is a very devout Buddhist and a really nice guy. He shunned a materialistic lifestyle to become a monk last time I saw him. Shaved eyebrows and all. This is definitely out of character and obviously more to the story.
The Tavorn hotel chain is everywhere on Phuket. They own a lot of land.

Well then it must be the victums fault for constantly positioning his head in the direction the offenders fist was travelling.

Well then it must be the victums fault for constantly positioning his head in the direction the offenders fist was travelling.

Sounds plausible.