Sting in the tail for Korat man who went looking for lottery numbers in bees' nest

webfact

Sting in the tail for Korat man who went looking for lottery numbers in bees' nest

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- A Korat man is fighting for his life after being attacked by a swarm of bees at his house in Chokchai district.

Jai, 54, was stung 80 times by "Royal Bees" after climbing up to the rafters of his house with a friend to see if they could see lottery numbers in a massive nest, reported Sanook.

Though a bit better in hospital Jai is still not out of danger after Tuesday's attack.

Locals said that a man called Samai, 49, had come to visit Jai at his house and they had talked about an 80 centimeter long bees' nest that was attached to the second story of the house. the nest had been there for a year.

Jai said that he had not done anything to eradicate the bees because he believed them to be auspicious and he thought they would bring him luck.

Samai decided it would be a good idea to climb up and see if they could discern some lottery numbers in the nest for the upcoming draw, reported Sanook.

But as they neared the nest a large quantity of bees attacked. Samai managed to run clear suffering only a few stings but Jai, who has a handicapped leg, was repeatedly stung some 80 times about the face and body.

When medics arrived he was barely breathing and after being taken to a local clinic was transferred to a neighborhood hospital as his condition was life threatening.

Nam Plotkrathok, the local municipal chief said that he was preparing a team of workers to properly dismantle the nest.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-04

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Samai decided it would be a good idea to climb up and see if they could discern some lottery numbers in the nest for the upcoming draw, reported Sanook.

Idiots.

No sympathy here.

Edited by Bluespunk

When you hopeless everything that moves , even if it doesn't!! may bring you luck in this country

pots, pans, trees, twigging, cooking monks, roasting chicken....you name it......average Rural mentality.

Its all to bitter to notice that in the majority of these lucky situations, the lucky source can be lethal but almost always needs to be destroyed for public safety concerns!!!!

Edited by hgma

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But as they neared the nest a large quantity of bees attacked. Samai managed to run clear suffering only a few stings but Jai, who has a handicapped leg, was repeatedly stung some 80 times about the face and body.

Totally understandable...

Anyone with an handicapped leg should climb up daily into a "Royal Bees" nest to look for lottery numbers...

Totally safe and clever :clap2:

5 hours ago, Rob13 said:

He should have just asked his dog what the winning number was. Alot safer

this is a true thai soap, just missing the ghost, but a lot of drinking i am sure 

Sounds like a honey of an idea!    

Proof, that it's not if you can out run the bear, but be able to out run the other guy.    

I hope he recovers.  

I will have to Google Royal bees.  I don't think it's real funny to laugh at this poor guy.  The real point is have a sober witness for this Homebrew.  

Edited by Elkski

3 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

All it says is, "some 80 times".  I want to know the exact number so I can get that number in the upcoming lottery.:thumbsup:

Buy all tickets with the numbers 80 to 89 ?

Good luck! Let us know if you win anything.