Karaoke owner served with arrest warrant in Pattaya

rooster59

Karaoke owner served with arrest warrant in Pattaya

tnews_1493989818_1641.jpg

Image: T News

Police raided a house in Chalerm Prakiat Soi 19 yesterday to serve an arrest warrant for a woman hiding at the property.

The woman in question is the owner of a karaoke establishment at the resort. Forty one year old Paranisa Chainaphanitkul or Chainajindakun was taken in by tourist police who had to call for back-up from Pattaya police and soldiers after she resisted arrest.

It took more than one hour to get her into custody.

She faces six serious charges including human trafficking, running a sex for sale establishment and enticing under 18s into the sex trade.

Thaivisa understands that Paranisa is the owner of the Nang Fa (Angel) karaoke lounge at the center of police extortion claims last year.

She has claimed that she was shaken down by cops and is the victim of injustice.

In the infamous raid last year a policeman demanded money after alleging that there were underage women working at the karaoke. When the owner said that she knew the head of police and put him on the line the cops fled the scene.

Source: T News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-06

Every time I see a headline that reads Karaoke bar raided etc, I have these visions of police handing out tickets for a bad rendition of "I did it my way" or bad Elvis impersonations.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

was taken in by tourist police who had to call for back-up from Pattaya police and soldiers after she resisted arrest.

Why would the farang tourist police be involved in what appears to be a straight forward Thai on Thai matter? These farang "police" don't have arrest authority to begin with. Please just let them deal with the drunken Brits around town. Leave the Thai and Asian matters to the real police. Thanks. 

41 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Why would the farang tourist police be involved in what appears to be a straight forward Thai on Thai matter? These farang "police" don't have arrest authority to begin with. Please just let them deal with the drunken Brits around town. Leave the Thai and Asian matters to the real police. Thanks. 

You've misinformed in equating tourist police with farang police. Nor are there any farang shown in the pics, far as I can see.

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

You've misinformed in equating tourist police with farang police. Nor are there any farang shown in the pics, far as I can see.

So you are enlightening me and the rest of Pattaya to an unknown fact that there are Thai police officers assigned to the "tourist police" division, a division which also includes gusto filled, failed at life, farang's in police outfits assisting in traffic stops harassing other farangs who just want to be left alone in the Kingdom and don't want to interact with some numskull with a "badge" thinking he's a big deal in the real world? God Bless You and OO.

3 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

So you are enlightening me and the rest of Pattaya to an unknown fact that there are Thai police officers assigned to the "tourist police" division, a division which also includes gusto filled, failed at life, farang's in police outfits assisting in traffic stops harassing other farangs who just want to be left alone in the Kingdom and don't want to interact with some numskull with a "badge" thinking he's a big deal in the real world? God Bless You and OO.

The Thai Tourist Police is a Thai operation staffed by Thais except that in recent years they've hired a few farang hacks to assist w/ the stupid farang. As I recall, during Songkran it came out that you actually didn't know where Na Jomtien is, either, contrary to your confident assertion. Please stop w/ the misleading nonsense.

10 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Try finding out the difference between tourist police officers and the foreign tourist police volunteers.

Now a good question might be why the Tourist police rather than the city police?

Note that when one lady resisted the TP called for city police and army back up. She must be fierce!

I'll ignore your silly remark about drunks, other than somewhat childish.

Edited by Baerboxer

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

As the quietman said payback time.

You did not conform to what we wanted, you dared to oppose us, now we got you.

Middle finger would have brought the point home better

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Every time I see a headline that reads Karaoke bar raided etc, I have these visions of police handing out tickets for a bad rendition of "I did it my way" or bad Elvis impersonations.

Many years back after first arriving in LOS I was in Korat and sat down and talked to an expat who had owned bars in Pattaya.

He said to me never walk down a dark alley and never go into a Thai karaoke bar.

Good advice.

19 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I was introduced to my wife by a THAI tourist police officer. Probably 99 percent of the tourist police are Thais, in Bangkok or Pattaya or anywhere else. The foreigners you refer to are volunteers, some no doubt in the job to satisfy their ego and because they like a uniform, others because of a genuine desire to serve foreigners and help they when language/cultures problems arise. I'm not sure how you arrive at 'failed in life' accusations regarding people I'd guess you don't know and know nothing about.

The only tourist police volunteer I knew was a neighbour who 'helped' tourists by negotiating lower bribes to the other police in return for commission.  One irate 'customer' followed him home and tried to remonstrate with him on our estate.

On 5/6/2017 at 6:08 AM, BruceMangosteen said:

I agreed with every thing you said, about the tourist police, and you are right. However, your post fell right down the kharsie , to me,  in the last line, when you said that the Royal Toy police were 'real' police.

On 2017-5-6 at 6:08 AM, BruceMangosteen said:

Please enlighten me...

Where dose it say Farang Tourist were involved???

8 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I agreed with every thing you said, about the tourist police, and you are right.

Yep, even though there were no farang tourist police involved. :giggle:

11 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Many years back after first arriving in LOS I was in Korat and sat down and talked to an expat who had owned bars in Pattaya.

He said to me never walk down a dark alley and never go into a Thai karaoke bar.

Good advice.

I go to one thai kareok bar. They like me I sit drink and that's it. At the end of the night the door man gives me a ride home.

I do notice that other non thais do not get treated very good.

On May 6, 2017 at 6:44 AM, JSixpack said:

The Thai Tourist Police is a Thai operation staffed by Thais except that in recent years they've hired a few farang hacks to assist w/ the stupid farang. As I recall, during Songkran it came out that you actually didn't know where Na Jomtien is, either, contrary to your confident assertion. Please stop w/ the misleading nonsense.

Would knowing he was an "English Teacher" help you understand where he is coming from?