Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

An easy one for all the northerners. What was the last year that saw both Bradford clubs (City and Park Avenue) play in the top flight at the same time?

Edited by owl sees all

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

An easy one for all the northerners. What was the last year that saw both Bradford clubs (City and Park Avenue) play in the top flight at the same time?

Dead easy! I will take a wild guess at 1920.

9 hours ago, champers said:

Dead easy! I will take a wild guess at 1920.

You are an encyclopedia of footy trivia. A genius in football facts.

It was 1920/21 season. It was to be Bradford Park Avenue's last year in the top flight. Bradford City were in the EPL as recently as 2000/2001. Unfortunately relegated, alongside Man City and Coventry, with a miserable total of just 5 wins in the season.

There is a little debate that Bradford Park Avenue Association Football Club is one of the longest names in English football. However, there are some that say the 'Park Avenue' part should be put into brackets; as in (Park Avenue). Making their name even longer.

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You are an encyclopedia of footy trivia. A genius in football facts.

It was 1920/21 season. It was to be Bradford Park Avenue's last year in the top flight. Bradford City were in the EPL as recently as 2000/2001. Unfortunately relegated, alongside Man City and Coventry, with a miserable total of just 5 wins in the season.

There is a little debate that Bradford Park Avenue Association Football Club is one of the longest names in English football. However, there are some that say the 'Park Avenue' part should be put into brackets; as in (Park Avenue). Making their name even longer.

It really was a guess. I thought it might be something like the 100th anniversary of the event, so picked 1920, I was a year out.

I worked in Bradford for a few years and the old Park Avenue ground has long gone, as well as the cricket ground next door where Yorkshire would sometimes play. The new ground, an athletics stadium, was close by where I worked.

Which EPL team was relegated with the least number of points. Billy bonuses for the season and points total. Clue: It wasn't Bolton (take note, Rick ????).

Edited by champers

19 minutes ago, champers said:

Which EPL team was relegated with the least number of points. Billy bonuses for the season and points total. Clue: It wasn't Bolton (take note, Rick ????).

Derby County. About 2007. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, champers said:

Wilai was spot on.

A very poor 11 points for Derby in season 2007/08. Their only win in that season was against Newcastle early on in September (17th).

Low points league:

07/08 - 11 - Derby

05/06 - 15 - Sunderland

18/19  - 16 - Huddersfield

15/16 - 17 - Villa

09/10 - 19 - Portsmouth

02/03 - 19 - Sunderland

While I'm trying to suss out the 'perfect hat-trick' guy, I'll just clear my word-pad.

Been putting EPL draws into my data-base, and came across a couple of interesting stats.

In 1996/97 only Spurs didn't get into double figures in draws (7). And more recently, 2018/19 only Saints got into double figures (12).

Must be Jimmy Floyd Hassilbank.

Mark Robins for Norwich. At Arsenal? First clue was a big help. I narrowed it down to 2.

Doing a cracking job as Coventry boss. Two promotions and an EFL Trophy.

Edited by champers

23 minutes ago, champers said:

Mark Robins for Norwich. At Arsenal? First clue was a big help. I narrowed it down to 2.

Doing a cracking job as Coventry boss. Two promotions and an EFL Trophy.

You got it bud. Well done.

6 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

The one with the lowest -and- stayed in were the West Brom in season 2005.

West Ham went down with 42 points in 2002/03. Not a fair footy world.