Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

On 6/9/2020 at 11:50 PM, Metropolitian said:

FIFA , video game series, came out with the upcoming seasonal year as the number.

Sometimes only the last two (FIFA 94 in 1995 ) and sometimes the whole year (FIFA 2000 in 1999).

But which one FIFA <number> was not ?

Dude I think you are asking the wrong demographic on this forum ????

I was going to say FIFA 10... but 97 wouldn't make sense, so I'll say FIFA 2 ?

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Dude I think you are asking the wrong demographic on this forum ????

I was going to say FIFA 10... but 97 wouldn't make sense, so I'll say FIFA 2 ?

Well, nothing bad with welcoming a new 'young' demographic group ????

Never too old and good for our cognitive functioning I would say :whistling:

c0118d3d55818020de8c124c82becbe0.jpg.c51ef319f27b549b693f252bb0551856.jpg

FIFA 2 is the wrong answer.      

There was never a 'FIFA 2'. 

The 2nd FIFA game came out in 1994 and was called FIFA Soccer 95.

FIFA 10 exist, released in 2009.

5 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Well, nothing bad with welcoming a new 'young' demographic group ????

Alright fair enough, that group currently consists of me and you ????

So what's the answer? 

On 6/9/2020 at 10:50 PM, Metropolitian said:

FIFA , video game series, came out with the upcoming seasonal year as the number.

Sometimes only the last two (FIFA 94 in 1995 ) and sometimes the whole year (FIFA 2000 in 1999).

But which one FIFA <number> was not ?

The number in the anwer I want is  not  a year.

19 minutes ago, wilai said:

That would be 98 then? Was a World Cup year so maybe they changed the name?

Not the answer I am looking for but indeed they changed the name. It was 'FIFA: Road to World Cup 98'

21 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Alright fair enough, that group currently consists of me and you ????

So what's the answer? 

No no no... that's not how puzzles works ????

I can see this one is tricky for two reasons, the one be the demographic group lol and the other, which I didn't say before, that it was just for one specific console which gives you the right answer and that is my last hint.

51 minutes ago, wilai said:

Not sure what your getting at but maybe the first one.....so number 1?

No. ????

And I will end this question by delivering the answer, followed by an short story and a new question.

Answer: FIFA 64

Story:  FIFA, also known as FIFA Football or FIFA Soccer, is a series of association football video games or football simulator, released annually by Electronic Arts under the EA Sports label. Football video games such as Sensible Soccer, Kick Off and Match Day had been developed since the late 1980s and already competitive in the games market when EA Sports announced a football game as the next addition to their EA Sports label. As of 2011, the FIFA franchise has been localised into 18 languages and available in 51 countries.

Listed in Guinness World Records as the best-selling sports video game franchise in the world, by 2019, the FIFA series had sold over 282.4 million copies   (source: wiki)

The first one of the series came out in 1993, and was called FIFA International Soccer. 

Most of these games came out for the Sony Playstation and computer.

In 1997, one year before the world cup 98, Nintendo released the FIFA 64 for their new console the Nintendo 64, hence the number 64.

That version was also identical to the FIFA 97 from the original series.

New question: Real-life FIFA;

UEFA (European competitions)

AFC (Asian competitions)

CAF (African competitions)

CONCACAF (North America and the Caribbean competitions)

CONMEBOL (South America competitions)

There is one more, which one?

8 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

No. ????

And I will end this question by delivering the answer, followed by an short story and a new question.

Story:  FIFA, also known as FIFA Football or FIFA Soccer, is a series of association football video games or football simulator, released annually by Electronic Arts under the EA Sports label. Football video games such as Sensible Soccer, Kick Off and Match Day had been developed since the late 1980s and already competitive in the games market when EA Sports announced a football game as the next addition to their EA Sports label. As of 2011, the FIFA franchise has been localised into 18 languages and available in 51 countries.

Listed in Guinness World Records as the best-selling sports video game franchise in the world, by 2019, the FIFA series had sold over 282.4 million copies   (source: wiki)

The first one of the series came out in 1993, and was called FIFA International Soccer. 

In 1997, one year before the world cup 98, Nintendo released the FIFA 64 for their new console the Nintendo 64, hence the number 64.

New question: Real-life FIFA;

UEFA (European competitions)

AFC (Asian competitions)

CAF (African competitions)

CONCACAF (North America and the Caribbean competitions)

CONMEBOL (South America competitions)

There is one more, which one?

OFC....Oceania comps

I'm off to bed with a headache after reading the answer to that last question!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

No. ????

I get a funny feeling you might like to play FIFA. Half way to a biography there.

Very basic question for you... if I got a PS4 with FIFA 20, would I only be able to play online with other people who have the same version, or anyone with a recent version of FIFA?

16 minutes ago, wilai said:

OFC....Oceania comps

Correct !  Which is New Zealand and all these islands.

16 minutes ago, wilai said:

I'm off to bed with a headache after reading the answer to that last question!

Now you can amaze others with the same question as you know the answer and story , probably. ????

g' night.

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I get a funny feeling you might like to play FIFA. Half way to a biography there.

Very basic question for you... if I got a PS4 with FIFA 20, would I only be able to play online with other people who have the same version, or anyone with a recent version of FIFA?

A step back in the biography, I do not  ????

I had the Nintendo64 and it came with the FIFA64, but used it with other games.

Did play FIFA but only sparingly and on the PS2 and the PS3 with friends, still got the ps3 here.

My last match was 8 years ago.

But I know that FIFA 17, 18 and 19 still can be played online with others (FUT and 2vs2) and so will 20. Just against the same version.

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

Now that 5 subs can be used, an existing PL record may well be broken this season.

Who is the manager holding the record and how many substitutions did he make over the season?

Five ?? Did they add a extra time for the extra time?.. ohh wait... if that was a tie.. no... oh now I am having the headache 555

4 hours ago, champers said:

I will guess Ranieri at Chelsea - The Tinkerman. 100 is a nice round number.

BTW, I am watching Seville v Betis and it is 12 subs allowed, 5 can be used. 

Not far off on both counts. More than 100.

13 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Defoe was a lot. Not sure about the number  but surely 100 times at least.

So it would be the manager of Totenham hotspur but Champers aready said Mourinho.

Maybe his old team, West Ham. I have no clue idea who the manager was then.. lol

Is subs by a club in a PL season. Not an individual player mate.

1 minute ago, Metropolitian said:

I haven't watched PL all but isn't Liverpools Klopp a high ranked manager last/this season?

And the number, a wild guess 80% of 190 = 152

Your figures aren't correct bud....and it defo isn't Jurgen.