Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

8 minutes ago, champers said:

Hoots mon! He's a skirt wearer!

Yes of course. What a silly-billy. The answer must be 'arry. I could possibly have played against him in the Isthmain league many moons ago. But, I don't know if he took the field at all for Oxford.

So I'll go with Harry Redknapp.

Edited by owl sees all

43 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes of course. What a silly-billy. The answer must be 'arry. I could possibly have played against him in the Isthmain league many moons ago. But, I don't know if he took the field at all for Oxford.

So I'll go with Harry Redknapp.

Yes. Next question is yours, owl sees all.

20 minutes ago, champers said:

Yes. Next question is yours, owl sees all.

Right you are then. I'm gonna refrain from club stats and go for a question that no-one will ever get.

What well-known footballer could throw a golf ball from one end of the pitch to the other (well over 100 yards).

I hope this one is not too obscure but it is difficult setting a question these days which is not instantly answerable by googling it.

Who was the player I used to have a kick-a-bout with as a young boy, the clues are, he was a year or two older than me, we lived in the same village in Keighley, West Yorkshire, I was born in 1950. He was bought by Bill Shankly but had limited appearances for Liverpool as a certain Emlyn Hughes kept him out of the squad.

Hope the question is not too obscure.

Trevor Stanton? Think I may be close with the name, something beginning St... . Did he go on to play for Tranmere amongst others?

BTW. I googled "who played footie with vogie?". ????

Edited by champers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Trevor Stanton? Think I may be close with the name, something beginning St... . Did he go on to play for Tranmere amongst others?

Kerching, obviously gave you too many clues????????, Trevor Storton, all his family were heavily involved with football. Sadly Trevor passed away quite a few years ago but the last time I saw him he was cleaning my fathers windows in Keighley, I went out and had a word with him and reminded him of our kick abouts and sadly he couldn't remember me, the story of my life.☹️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, champers said:

Trevor Storton mate. Think you're right. But he was a centre half, back up for Larry LLoyd and Tommy Smith and also a young Phil Thompson. Hughesy was still a LB in the early days. His understudies were Wall, Ross and a certain Roy Evans (forgot about him!)

Edited by wilai
update
  • Like 1

Here's one while we are waiting for the big kick off. I saw it today on Skynet about the Champions League era. Who is the only player to win a treble in consecutive seasons i.e. domestic league, domestic cup and Champions League? Clue: It was at different clubs.

32 minutes ago, champers said:

Here's one while we are waiting for the big kick off. I saw it today on Skynet about the Champions League era. Who is the only player to win a treble in consecutive seasons i.e. domestic league, domestic cup and Champions League? Clue: It was at different clubs.

saw that one the other day somewhere. Will let others have a bash first.

2 hours ago, wilai said:

All support their team....you have same commentary as me????

Yes, apparently so. Can't think of any other Prem club where the manager and captain supported the team growing up.

7 hours ago, champers said:

Ex Bolton midfield maestro Jason McAteer?

Along with Frank de Boer ????, in the European version of FIFA Soccer 96.

This was the first FIFA game to feature real-time 3D graphics using technology called "Virtual Stadium".

It was also the first in the series to present players with real player names and positions, with ranking, transfer and team customization tools.

39372--fifa-soccer-96.png.b3a7c91cf392cf84da6960a34d967e06.png

Who knows who the two players on the cover of the 'international' version are?

003-fifa-soccer-96.jpg.2cd38984396d78f03104a9966f67de87.jpg

29 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Along with Frank de Boer ????, in the European version of FIFA Soccer 96.

This was the first FIFA game to feature real-time 3D graphics using technology called "Virtual Stadium".

It was also the first in the series to present players with real player names and positions, with ranking, transfer and team customization tools.

39372--fifa-soccer-96.png.b3a7c91cf392cf84da6960a34d967e06.png

Who knows who the two players on the cover of the 'international' version are?

003-fifa-soccer-96.jpg.2cd38984396d78f03104a9966f67de87.jpg

I know the tackler is Andy Legg, not sure of the other?

14 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

Yes right !  And the other is an Romanian playing for one club in the 'large boot' country.

Question is, did you hack into Wilai's account and post that FIFA question?

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 9:19 PM, RickG16 said:

Dude I think you are asking the wrong demographic on this forum ????

I'm not sure about that, right now :laugh:

On 6/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, wilai said:

I'm off to bed with a headache after reading the answer to that last question!

But definitely learned from that :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...