Football Quiz.

3 minus 2

20 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah  v v ssd,, ,,, I know

but at school they were my second ish team

even after George best called me

a little c...not and told me  <deleted>  c off

...just cos I beat him in a chase.!

Rather difficult to dislike a team with Best, Law and Charlton in it. Best is my favourite ever player. Nobody comes close.

Excellent attempt 3-2 backed up Champers - ONE PLAYER NOT IDENTIFIED - Paddy Crerard

bac row is

r2 l

ure

rimmer

kidd

stepney

Sadler

ALL CORRECT

middle row is

L to R

mcguiness (Manager)

stiles

burns

MISSING NAME

don given 

Shay brennan

santorini or something (CARLO SARTORI) like that

and dont know COMPTON (TRAINER)

front row r2l

Fitzpatrick

dunne

Charlton

storeymoore (WILLIE MORGAN)

best

law

aston

My older brother used to have football annuals (Charles Buchanan???) with club squads and I used to memorize them.

Over to you 3minus2.

Screenshot_20200318-200908_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Excellent attempt 3-2 backed up Champers - ONE PLAYER NOT IDENTIFIED - Paddy Crerard

bac row is

r2 l

ure

rimmer

kidd

stepney

Sadler

ALL CORRECT

middle row is

L to R

mcguiness (Manager)

stiles

burns

MISSING NAME

don given 

Shay brennan

santorini or something (CARLO SARTORI) like that

and dont know COMPTON (TRAINER)

front row r2l

Fitzpatrick

dunne

Charlton

storeymoore (WILLIE MORGAN)

best

law

aston

My older brother used to have football annuals (Charles Buchanan???) with club squads and I used to memorize them.

Over to you 3minus2.

Screenshot_20200318-200908_Chrome.jpg

That pic looks like it is from the Football League Review which was free with a programme at all games. It ran for about 8 years during the 60s and 70s. Like you I would pore over these team pics. Regarding the Utd pic, I might have struggled with Don Givens but I knew all the others.

Ian Storey Moore joined Utd later in the 70s, 72 I think. Brian Clough introduced ISM to the crowd before a game at Derby but Utd gazzumped them before the contract was signed. He turned out to be a flop. Derby's failure to get the deal over the line was part of the reason that Clough fell out with the Derby owner Sam Longson which resulted in him and Taylor leaving Derby.

A Don Givens story: When he was at QPR a teammate Terry Mancini was called up with Givens to the ROI squad. Mancini had an Irish grandparent, though he was more qualified to play for Italy or England. They both made the starting XI and were lined up for the National Anthems.

Terry. Don't reckon much to their Anthem.

Don. That's ours Terry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, champers said:

That pic looks like it is from the Football League Review which was free with a programme at all games. It ran for about 8 years during the 60s and 70s. Like you I would pore over these team pics. Regarding the Utd pic, I might have struggled with Don Givens but I knew all the others.

Ian Storey Moore joined Utd later in the 70s, 72 I think. Brian Clough introduced ISM to the crowd before a game at Derby but Utd gazzumped them before the contract was signed. He turned out to be a flop. Derby's failure to get the deal over the line was part of the reason that Clough fell out with the Derby owner Sam Longson which resulted in him and Taylor leaving Derby.

A Don Givens story: When he was at QPR a teammate Terry Mancini was called up with Givens to the ROI squad. Mancini had an Irish grandparent, though he was more qualified to play for Italy or England. They both made the starting XI and were lined up for the National Anthems.

Terry. Don't reckon much to their Anthem.

Don. That's ours Terry.

Noticeable how even as late as 69-70, they didn't even have the club badge on the shirt. Let alone sponsors etc.

• Like 1

I think you are right about it being from Football League Review which was decent. I came across the picture when I was googling for Denis Law.

The season ManU were in the 2nd tier (1974/75?), I ended up buying the full set of home programmes (minus 1) from a red mate for a quid. Pretty sure they had the FLR inside. They'll be in my old man's attic with all my City programmes probably rotting away.

The only player who I know def played for Bolton, as I saw him in playing at Burnden, was WILLIE MORGAN. I'm going to guess Dunne and slaphead Charlton.

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I think you are right about it being from Football League Review which was decent. I came across the picture when I was googling for Denis Law.

The season ManU were in the 2nd tier (1974/75?), I ended up buying the full set of home programmes (minus 1) from a red mate for a quid. Pretty sure they had the FLR inside. They'll be in my old man's attic with all my City programmes probably rotting away.

The only player who I know def played for Bolton, as I saw him in playing at Burnden, was WILLIE MORGAN. I'm going to guess Dunne and slaphead Charlton.

Yes Morgan and Dunne. Not Charlton.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Noticeable how even as late as 69-70, they didn't even have the club badge on the shirt. Let alone sponsors etc.

https://en.onefootball.com/manchester-united-crest-evolution/

I'm not a great fan of our crest and yours omitting F.C. I really like our current crest and was never keen on the eagle-wing crest, but whoever designed your very camp-looking devil figure was having a laugh.

37 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

https://en.onefootball.com/manchester-united-crest-evolution/

I'm not a great fan of our crest and yours omitting F.C. I really like our current crest and was never keen on the eagle-wing crest, but whoever designed your very camp-looking devil figure was having a laugh.

What gives me the most pride is the Manchester coat of arms which we wear on our away day blazers, especially when playing in Europe. Because let's face it, it's us that has represented the city with distinction around the world for years. 

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just googled it as I had no idea who are the 3 panel members. I'll be very surprised if people get all 3 (or any).

Has been in the news lately....as they forecast LFC to win at Woodison. Will give it a few more hours then nearest offer wins.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:18 PM, wilai said:

The way this season is going, we may soon need the Pools Panel........Who can name the current members of the panel.

No-one got them. They are: Tony Green (Newcastle/Blackpool/Scotland), Ian Callaghan MBE(Liverpool /Swansea/England) and David Sadler (Man United/Preston NE/England)