Dog lover turns dog hater as pitbull turns on his family

webfact

Dog lover turns dog hater as pitbull turns on his family

5pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

BANGKOK: -- A Nonthaburi dog lover wants nothing more to do with dogs after his pitbull terrier attacked him and his son.

Somsakun Kanmuang, 56, was attacked by the dog who bit him in the chest and left wrist. When his 17 year old son Maekin came to help he was bitten in the hands and foot.

Both ended up in Bang Bua Thong, Nonthaburi, hospital on Sunday, with doctors assessing whether their wounds are infected.

The five year old dog was tranquilized and taken away for spaying after orders from the local municipal chief worried it might attack other people.

Somsakun told Manager that he had had the dog that the family called "Euro" since it was a four month old pup. His daughter had fed it since she was little and there had been no problems.

But on Sunday he had a loud argument with his daughter, now 14, and the dog then attacked him and his son when he came to help.

He put the attack down to the dog protecting his daughter and the hot weather.

Her said he was not going to have any more dogs in his yard after what happened as he does not want a repeat incident.

He warned people who look after vicious breeds like pitbulls to be careful saying that the hot weather is likely to make them mad.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-08

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'He warned people who look after vicious breeds like pitbulls to be careful saying that the hot weather is likely to make them mad.'

Should have thought of that before he bought it, then.  But he seemed to know that anyway, but still took the risk.

As to the dog being tranquillised before spaying, 1) why on earth did he not have that done before, and 2) what on earth is he doing having the dog back in the house?  Once a dog turns false, they can never be trusted again.  

If this had happened in the UK, he'd have had no choice anyway.  The dog would have been put down immediately.  

Edited by Mister Fixit

2 minutes ago, Slaps said:

Pit bulls and kids don't mix,

<deleted>

That is true but this guy shares some responsibility: the dog was protecting the daughter, with fierce loyalty. Clearly the dog has bonded primarily with an individual rather than all family members. There is shared fault here.

I have had my dog 10 years and he has never bitten anybody. He would get quite worked up and growl a lot if I was ever play wrestling with my son though.

For the dog to react the way it did, I would suspect the argument with the daughter was not entirely of a verbal nature.

41 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I have had my dog 10 years and he has never bitten anybody. He would get quite worked up and growl a lot if I was ever play wrestling with my son though.

For the dog to react the way it did, I would suspect the argument with the daughter was not entirely of a verbal nature.

yes DSD. here we have 3people,and a dog,its a pity the father and son are so stupid,WHY?

well the dog knew" NEVER TO BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU"

looks like it was the daughter who looked after the dog.she is goner be heart broken.

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

Your last sentence says it all. If there was verbal or physical conflict between father and daughter (the provider), the dog acted naturally, nevertheless, these dogs are immensely strong and can be unpredictable with serious consequences..

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=pit+bulls+with+children&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwintZz1t9_TAhUmTo8KHaphDRIQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638

Why the hell do people keep such volatile animals as pets?

It's beyond me?

Today or yesterday, a very young girl was viciously attacked in the city of Liverpool, UK, by a dog or dogs in her own home, and seriously injured.

No matter where, all dogs are dangerous or potentially dangerous animals. Fact!

I'm a lover of animals but let's face it, dogs are not real pets. They are work animals and are dirty too., pus make a lot of noise, mess and are very Territorial, especially the smaller of the breed, and normally fight in packs. They should be kept outdoors, on a chain within a safe confined.

Too many of the bloody things are stray and roam in packs. Too many youngsters are attacked by these creatures including adults.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, pentap said:

It's beyond me?

Today or yesterday, a very young girl was viciously attacked in the city of Liverpool, UK, by a dog or dogs in her own home, and seriously injured.

I'm a lover of animals but let's face it, dogs are not real pets. They are work animals and are dirty too., pus make a lot of noise, mess and are very Territorial, especially the smaller of the breed, and normally fight in packs. They should be kept outdoors, on a chain within a safe confined.

Too many of the bloody things are stray and roam in packs. Too many youngsters are attacked by these creatures including adults.

As a fellow dog lover, I appreciate your 'comments'.:coffee1::whistling:

Millions of people keep dogs as pets, companions, work dogs and guard dogs. The tiny percentage that actually cause problems of this nature are the ones that make the news.

Some humans are actually dirtier than dogs and your comment ""dogs are not real pets" is amusing to say the least. Dogs, along with cats, are the most common pets in the world. People keep rats and mice, birds,fish, snakes, tortoises etc and they look after them in 99% of the cases.
There is a problem with stray dogs, that is common in poorer countries with lax animal control, but that is due to the irresponsibility of the human owners.. 

15 minutes ago, pentap said:

It's beyond me?

As I mentioned earlier in the post, I have had my dog for 10 years. He isn't dirty, he isn't smelly, he does not make a lot of noise and he isn't that territorial. When he goes outside he LIKES other dogs and they seem to like him as there is very rarely even a growl going on. In fact he has better manners than a lot of my neighbours. My dog is loved by my whole family and he reciprocates. I cannot imagine an instance when he could be considered dangerous to anyone. Again I feel the potential for violence is far more likely to come from drunk and yaba'ed up locals than my dog. Bad dogs generally have bad owners.

1 hour ago, pentap said:

Just guessing, but I don't think you personally know a lot about dogs to be generalizing that much about them. If you want a savage animal, disjointed from the 'pack', your last sentence would achieve that in short time.

1 hour ago, pentap said:

It's beyond me?

Try reading the BBC news report.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-39840524

The dogs belonged to another person who lived at a different address and had nothing to do with the child or her family. They had NO dogs but the dogs that attacked that child got into the garden from outside. The dogs owner was arrested and 5 dogs plus 5 puppies were seized from HIS home.

Although not a betting person, I would put money on either the daughter or the pit-bull being physically struck before the attack. Once in that exited state, unless dealt with immediately, it becomes a very dangerous game.

Not that it makes it right, the family has some tough decisions to make now. When a dog comes into a family it should never be up to an individual to 'take care of it', it is a family commitment.

Pitbull is a vicious breed... right...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/30836/jack-russell-tops-cops-list-of-dogs-most-likely-to-bite-humans/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/09/baby-died-bitten-jack-russell

learn to handle the dog properly especially big dogs because if they are big but when handled wrongly, the damage is as big as its size. 

Edited by Moonmoon

53 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Shoot it and be done with it; horrible breed of dog that was bred to fight rather than be a family pet.

Actually they were bred for both, since most fighting dogs lived in very close quarters with the family and had to be able to integrate safely with all of them. However these dogs are extremely loyal and if someone started slapping around the person who the dog considered to be it's owner then of course it is likely to protect it's owner. 

My family has been around the bull breeds since long before I was born and I've had them myself most of my life. Never seen any aggression towards members of the family, and only once saw aggression towards outsiders (when a drunk neighbour became verbally aggressive and then approached my fiance).

99.99% of the time it's case of a bad owner, not a bad dog.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Somsakun told Manager that he had had the dog that the family called "Euro" since it was a four month old pup. His daughter had fed it since she was little and there had been no problems.

But on Sunday he had a loud argument with his daughter, now 14, and the dog then attacked him and his son when he came to help.

Ah, now it becomes clear.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He warned people who look after vicious breeds like pitbulls to be careful saying that the hot weather is likely to make them mad.

No, not the weather.

You went against the person who fed the dog.

Wonder if the argument went beyond the verbal...

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

As I mentioned earlier in the post, I have had my dog for 10 years. He isn't dirty, he isn't smelly, he does not make a lot of noise and he isn't that territorial. When he goes outside he LIKES other dogs and they seem to like him as there is very rarely even a growl going on. In fact he has better manners than a lot of my neighbours. My dog is loved by my whole family and he reciprocates. I cannot imagine an instance when he could be considered dangerous to anyone. Again I feel the potential for violence is far more likely to come from drunk and yaba'ed up locals than my dog. Bad dogs generally have bad owners.

Can't remember the poster that has this signature:-

Bar-girls and pit-bulls: But mine is different.......

Dogs have evolved to be more domesticated than say some humans like  Pentap

what an ignorant garbage of mindless words....

people need to be knowledgeable about breeds dispositions personalities and behaviors...

Edited by cardinalblue

1 hour ago, Moonmoon said:

Pitbull is a vicious breed... right...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/30836/jack-russell-tops-cops-list-of-dogs-most-likely-to-bite-humans/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/09/baby-died-bitten-jack-russell

learn to handle the dog properly especially big dogs because if they are big but when handled wrongly, the damage is as big as its size. 

I have read that the Dachshund (Yes, the good old sausage-dog), for both animal and human aggression, is credited with most attacks in the UK. (That was a couple of years ago though)

I may be walking the razor's edge as I have one of No.4 & No.10 on that list (German Shepherd & Siberian) here in Thailand. Funny enough, one of the GSD's best friends is a pitt named Tiger, same age @ 10 months. Mine is never off the lead when I take him out every night and we see Tiger quite often.

Have to admit, when they first met I thought it would end in blood and tears but they both were submissive to each other and have stayed pals to date. The Pitt-bull is a beautiful, friendly dog!

"But on Sunday he had a loud argument with his daughter, now 14, and the dog then attacked him and his son when he came to help."

It was probably the dog's feeding time, but the father wanted his number 2 slave to go down to the local shop for some more beer.  No doubt the son was running low on Leo, as well.

Always, the girls are used as slaves, while the boys are taught to fight in gangs and generally be lazy ....s.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Actually they were bred for both, since most fighting dogs lived in very close quarters with the family and had to be able to integrate safely with all of them. However these dogs are extremely loyal and if someone started slapping around the person who the dog considered to be it's owner then of course it is likely to protect it's owner. 

My family has been around the bull breeds since long before I was born and I've had them myself most of my life. Never seen any aggression towards members of the family, and only once saw aggression towards outsiders (when a drunk neighbour became verbally aggressive and then approached my fiance).

99.99% of the time it's case of a bad owner, not a bad dog.

I wouldn't advocate owning an animal that could potentially "lose it" and maul someone to death because of an argument/confrontation with a family member..... someone shouts at you and gets mauled by your "family pet", you end up in court trying to work out how much your house is worth and negotiating compensation whilst wishing you'd never owned the monstrosity in the first place.

Edited by lemonjelly

2 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I wouldn't advocate owning an animal that could potentially "lose it" and maul someone to death because of an argument/confrontation with a family member..... someone shouts at you and gets mauled by your "family pet", you end up in court trying to work out how much your house is worth and negotiating compensation whilst wishing you'd never owned the monstrosity in the first place.

Any animal (including humans) can "potentially lose it" if they see someone they love being attacked.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The five year old dog was tranquilized and taken away for spaying after orders from the local municipal chief worried it might attack other people.

Yes the punishment does suit the crime. Neutralize his love life. Reminds me of my last dog called "Lucky" with three legs one eye and no tail. He was lucky to be alive but unlucky at love to slow and could not find paradise with only one eye. 

3 hours ago, pentap said:

It's beyond me?

You just had to come along and make sense oh where oh where is my Tylenol. We live in a status symbol world. I will see your Pit Bull and raise you 2 and that's no bull and you can take it to the bank.

Edited by elgordo38