Jump to content

Carls Jr Central


texanaust

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Lucky33 said:

The last two times that I visited Carl's Jr. they were out of beef and didn't have any burgers. I've never heard of a burger joint being out of hamburgers, there must be more to this story that we don't know.  This is in their Pattaya store in Central Festival. Needless to say they weren't doing any business. <deleted>!

 

Same thing in BKK near Nana.

Pretty poor management.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, som69 said:

the manager told me they are closing the branch in central festival soon

Not surprised the location is not good and the name is not familiar.

But I bet a blind test with Mc D, Burglar King , and C jr,  Cjr would win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not surprised the location is not good and the name is not familiar.
But I bet a blind test with Mc D, Burglar King , and C jr,  Cjr would win.


I'm a frequent customer for the milkshake ... best in town ... will miss them when they close [emoji22]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

Went to a Carl Jr's in Bangkok recently... Also out of Beef !!! which is quite a surprise for a 'burger joint'.... 

... perhaps they are winding down in preparation to close or have major logistics issues ?

I am from the area CJ started so ate it many times.

It does not seem to be catching on here.  Like I mentioned, the name recognition is limited.  It is a much smaller franchise then their competitors.

Would not be surprised if they left as I never see many people in their places and the " no meat" issue is a joke.

 

I would love to see an In and Out burger here but I know no way Jose.

Usually my first stop when I am back home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had too many times walked into Carls's Jr. in both Bangkok and Pattaya only for them to tell me ' No hab beef' only for me to laugh in their face all too often this year now

 

Most of the fast food Burgers place (except McDonald's?) uses Australian Beef which although more expensive than Thai is less varied in price and quality, and is more dependable to set price to... until the supplier ran out of their import quota... which unless they can find a new supplier, they're not gonna get anymore until next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2017 at 7:21 PM, joepattaya1961 said:

Did have a burger at Carl's last week.

The burger and the fries were great.

Only little issue: They played christmas carols as back ground music. 

I notified the manager who rushed to his laptop and suddenly it was silent.......

What's wrong with Christmas  carols?     After all it is the Christmas season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

What's wrong with Christmas  carols?     After all it is the Christmas season.

Clinical psychologist Linda Blair claims the constant barrage of Christmas tunes too early in the season forces people to remember all the things they have to do before the holiday. Blair says the songs are a reminder to buy presents, cater parties, organize travel, and all the more stressful chores during Christmas.

 

“You’re simply spending all of your energy trying not to hear what you’re hearing,” Blair tells Sky News.

          —"Do you hear what I hear? Your brain on Christmas music," NBC News, Nov 23, 2012

Some people excitedly throw on Christmas music the minute the temperature drops. Others have a hard rule: wait until after Thanksgiving to start playing Christmas tunes. And some people just cannot stand Christmas music, especially if it is played too early into the holiday season.

 

For those who would rather do without "Jingle Bells," a psychologist in Great Britain thinks you may be on to something.

          —"Christmas music may take mental toll, psychologist says," CBS News

Edited by JSixpack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Christmas in the US begins after Thanksgiving. In the UK it begins at the start of September after the last public holiday before Christmas. It is take it or leave it in Thailand and I like that.

Not sure what this has to do with Carl's. Sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2017 at 7:21 PM, joepattaya1961 said:

Did have a burger at Carl's last week.

The burger and the fries were great.

Only little issue: They played christmas carols as back ground music. 

I notified the manager who rushed to his laptop and suddenly it was silent.......

LOL> I'll have to ask him to play Christmas music when I go there. I love Christmas music this time of year - even play it when I'm sleeping.

 

Seriously though, everyone has their own taste in music. You can't expect them to cater to everyone's taste.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

 Some people excitedly throw on Christmas music the minute the temperature drops.  

 

I was thinking about that today as a warm 30.5C wind blows into my room. Are we going to get that temperature drop this year? We had a slight taste of it a few weeks ago and now it's hot again. My Christmas tree has been up since November 12 LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I am from the area CJ started so ate it many times.

It does not seem to be catching on here.  Like I mentioned, the name recognition is limited.  It is a much smaller franchise then their competitors.

Would not be surprised if they left as I never see many people in their places and the " no meat" issue is a joke.

 

I would love to see an In and Out burger here but I know no way Jose.

Usually my first stop when I am back home.

Yes I was quit surprised to see Carl's jr in Thailand. My only real exposer to them has been at the Airport in Vegas. They have been my standard red eye flight prep for a couple of years now.  Some brands have made bigger names overseas. When was the last time you seen a Kenny Rogers Roasters in the US? 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Clinical psychologist Linda Blair claims the constant barrage of Christmas tunes too early in the season forces people to remember all the things they have to do before the holiday. Blair says the songs are a reminder to buy presents, cater parties, organize travel, and all the more stressful chores during Christmas.

 

“You’re simply spending all of your energy trying not to hear what you’re hearing,” Blair tells Sky News.

          —"Do you hear what I hear? Your brain on Christmas music," NBC News, Nov 23, 2012

Some people excitedly throw on Christmas music the minute the temperature drops. Others have a hard rule: wait until after Thanksgiving to start playing Christmas tunes. And some people just cannot stand Christmas music, especially if it is played too early into the holiday season.

 

For those who would rather do without "Jingle Bells," a psychologist in Great Britain thinks you may be on to something.

          —"Christmas music may take mental toll, psychologist says," CBS News

She is still traumatized from the Exorcist film

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I am from the area CJ started so ate it many times.

It does not seem to be catching on here.  Like I mentioned, the name recognition is limited.  It is a much smaller franchise then their competitors.

Would not be surprised if they left as I never see many people in their places and the " no meat" issue is a joke.

 

I would love to see an In and Out burger here but I know no way Jose.

Usually my first stop when I am back home.

I lived near the West coast HQ for a while. I remember CJ being much better when I was young. I tried In and Out burger once a few years ago and was not crazy about that either. I think old age must have affected my taste bud as I don't like a lot of fast food that I liked before. I can't stand cheap candy and snacks, but still like plenty of the higher quality stuff. Too bad, because it is mor expensive to eat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, champers said:

Mos Burger were in Central Festival on Beach Road a few years ago.

Ah yes, I remember now, 5th floor near the car park exit, Became 'Little Home' Thai bakery from Bangkok after that and now is some hipster Japanese restaurant at the moment

After so many failed Japanese chains in Central Festival, (Coco Ichibanya, Pepperlunch) I must have lost track

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, som69 said:

the branch at central had beef yesterday ... and a nice promotion buy one get one free for several burger

waovvv, nice update! Last week I went there but they were out of beef and I tried Hippopotamus at upper floors. But it was a poor burger and the price is extra high for that kind of set. Today I will check Carls Jr :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.









×
×
  • Create New...