Selective Weed Killer

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:44 AM, stubuzz said:

2 4 D available everywhere. 100bt for 500ml of undiluted product.

2-4 D, dicamba, triclopyr and some other herbicide active ingredients can be effective broad leaf weed killers in a grass lawn. Monsanto is now marketing heavily in the US, RoundUp for Lawns with some of these a.i.'s, instead of glyphosate.  But be careful if there are trees and shrubs around. These are systemic herbicides that can be taken up by roots, and are notorious for causing leaf and twig distortions and discoloration at the least, dieback and mortality at the worst.  If there are trees anywhere nearby, the absorbing roots will likely be present, unseen in the lawn area where they seek water and nutrients. The absorbing roots can extend much farther from the tree trunk than you would expect, sometimes two or three times the drip-line of the foliar canopy or more. 

Roundup is also held responsible for many allergic reactions suffered by those near to where it is used.  In Canada and the US is is used by local authorities and this has been challenged in the courts.  Roundup company uses it financial and political (read paid for) weight to continue to supply these public bodies in spite of the proven health hazards that accompany its use.  Be careful if you use it and look out for children playing on the lawn and older folk resting nearby.  Dangerous stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-20 at 10:50 PM, RioMist said:

Do they sell it in Home Pro? I have tried many places in Phuket but they don't seem to stock weed killers

Sorry havent replied for while. Got it from the local seed and garden shop. Believe it is used by the farmers to kill weeds in the rice paddies. Had no effect on my good grass and its 100% weed free. The packet has no english so you will need someone to translate the instructions for use.

is pyrazosulfuron ethyl safe to use?  Has it anything to do with roundup type herbicides?   We live in Isaan and in the middle of a rice growing area.  I see farmers spraying but don't know what.  I am not particularly susceptible to chemicals but should I be careful about this stuff?

21 hours ago, notrub said:

is pyrazosulfuron ethyl safe to use?  Has it anything to do with roundup type herbicides?   We live in Isaan and in the middle of a rice growing area.  I see farmers spraying but don't know what.  I am not particularly susceptible to chemicals but should I be careful about this stuff?

I did see the gardener use a mask when spraying the grass with this. We dont let the dogs on the grass except for a while at night for feeding but we did keep them off for a couple of days after spraying with this. Keep the spray close to the ground and try to do on a non windy day is all I can suggest.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

I did see the gardener use a mask when spraying the grass with this. We dont let the dogs on the grass except for a while at night for feeding but we did keep them off for a couple of days after spraying with this. Keep the spray close to the ground and try to do on a non windy day is all I can suggest.

Thanks so much for your kind info. I am trying to find a suplier in Phuket. If I cannot find one do you think your supplier will post to Phuket if I pay postage?.. Many thanks again for all your kind help

37 minutes ago, RioMist said:

Thanks so much for your kind info. I am trying to find a suplier in Phuket. If I cannot find one do you think your supplier will post to Phuket if I pay postage?.. Many thanks again for all your kind help

Sent you a PM

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...