Pathum Thani: US man was starving himself to death after his woman moved out

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

That is, indeed, my plan.

With a bit of luck I might get a decade or a tad more.

I hope your wish comes true.. and I don't get it why people should return home to die. If you lived here good and are healthy (important) its ok to die here. It also depends on if you have friends and family or not.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I went through emotional heartaches earlier in life.  They were painful, but I like to think I learned some things.  Namely:  don't get too attached to anyone.   Not a lover, not kids, not an authority figure.  I'm more callous now, but a lot less vulnerable to emotional shipwreck.  

It works the other way also.  For example, a few times, when I've sensed a woman was getting too emotionally wrapped up with me (thinking/hoping I would be her b.f. or husband), I pull away.   Better to pull away earlier, when there are less attachments, than later, when it could be tumultuous. 

Ben Franklin supposedly said sagely; 'neither a borrower nor a lender be.'

I could twist that to; 'neither a heartbreak nor a heartbreaker be.'

7 hours ago, maprao said:

I hope she is proud of herself.
RIP

Given his irrational obsession with her, he probably drove her away with his possessive, clingy behavior. There's a reason why many farang travel great distances from home in the hope of finding a partner who can put up with them. Only billionaires like Murdoch, Onassis or Trump can afford to remain repulsive while holding onto an attractive mate  ... or series of them ... back in farangland.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Toupou sounds a bit like a Pacific islander name,

Fiji or Tonga.

Probably a pacific islander with an Egyptian great grandmother. What the hell has the guy`s racial origins got to do with this case?

A note: Did you know that if a man and woman are in love, the man is much more likely to sacrifice himself for her than she is for him? Also, men fall in love faster. These are in general, of course, but they're true as far as I've read.

No woman is worth giving up your life for. Men should learn to be able to stand on their own two feet, always be independent and never rely on the emotional support of women. His girlfriend will probably put this down to a blip in her life and doubt will be grieving for this man. Probably out with a new love in her life at this very moment. 

4 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yes but then everyone thinks it was not suicide.

Some think its a lack of funds.. maybe.. could be too. I am not sure what it really is without more details.

13 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Sorry, but no single woman in Thailand is worth that.  Way too many more of them around to take her place.

This guy sounds like he would be a loser no mater where he was residing.

30 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Probably a pacific islander with an Egyptian great grandmother. What the hell has the guy`s racial origins got to do with this case?

Interesting. You do get the irony?

I only commented here because of the unusual method used, and the interesting name of the of the subject. I have no sympathy for people who take their own lives whatever the method. It's their decision and none of my concern.

I know of several people on this forum who fight every day to preserve their lives despite having far greater burdens than some lovelorn character who refuses to cope with rejection.

14 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Sorry, but no single woman in Thailand is worth that.  Way too many more of them around to take her place.

Living in a hovel ' No Money No Honey' but I agree to go to hospital if you take care of my property which I was incapable of looking after as I was going to die.

Crazy man, lucky to be helped.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

I'm glad I went through emotional heartaches earlier in life.  They were painful, but I like to think I learned some things.  Namely:  don't get too attached to anyone.   Not a lover, not kids, not an authority figure.  I'm more callous now, but a lot less vulnerable to emotional shipwreck.  

It works the other way also.  For example, a few times, when I've sensed a woman was getting too emotionally wrapped up with me (thinking/hoping I would be her b.f. or husband), I pull away.   Better to pull away earlier, when there are less attachments, than later, when it could be tumultuous. 

Ben Franklin supposedly said sagely; 'neither a borrower nor a lender be.'

I could twist that to; 'neither a heartbreak nor a heartbreaker be.'

You are missing out on a lot in life if you stop yourself falling in love, and, won't let others love and care for you.

Everyone gets heartbroken a few times (sometimes many) in their lives.. that part of being human... but also on the other side of the coin is the great feeling of love and being loved. 

14 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

As you age like in this mans case your attachment view becomes rather pin pointed. Reliance on someone as we age is something I am beginning to relate to. I take it romance is not your strong suit?

2 hours ago, tomwct said:

Another quality retiree with mental problems. What are these people thinking? She left so you walk outdoors and get another.

If you've never cared for anyone else except for yourself, then you'll never understand. Best you keep looking out for number one, and also continue dishing out advice on how to be a quality person. You're so wise, even though no one asked, people will really appreciate you educating them on what they're doing wrong in life.   

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

No woman anywhere is worth it. And the same goes for men.. if you are lady. No man is worth it either. We can always survive. 

10 hours ago, maprao said:

I hope she is proud of herself.
RIP

She has to stay with him in case he commits suicide ? Hey everyone is responsible for their own lives, if she wants to leave him that's up to her.

4 hours ago, Kabula said:

I suspect, he was starving himself not because the woman moved out, but because he ran out of money and credit.

I also suspect the lady moved out because the cash flow stopped and utilities turned off.

So many foreignors come and never return home...

Exactly my thoughts.