How to plumb my pool

carlyai

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK

These fittings are made for the Australian Europe market  where with the pipe sizes are measured in ID  metric sizes ,the only direct interchangeability is imperial 1 1/4 inch and 5 inch.

The UK uses both metric and imperial??????CL12-Pipe-Dimensions-of-PVC-OD.jpg

I am afraid this is the time to throw away the drawings , buy one of each of the sort you fancy get them home and have a play see which works best.

The best form of engineering is build and design, and at the end of your build you may end up with an honary degree from this forum.

26 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Yes sorry, OD 60 mm and ID 53.2 mm.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Best get your eyeball ports here, they are cheap enough and a compatible fit to Thai Pipe.

3 minutes ago, grollies said:

Best get your eyeball ports here, they are cheap enough and a compatible fit to Thai Pipe.

I get my true union ball valves from ERA,, only a little more expensive than the blue valves but a third from the price in the pool shops, and they are sized to Thai pipe.

ERA-True-Union-Ball-Valve-PVC-Valves.jpg

Phone Waterco explain the size pipe you have and which product  will  work for  you . Waterco eu catalouge show two sizes for metric and two for imperial size ???

Do not use tape etc to pack out once you start the pump they will just blow out.

plenty written on pool forums about this happening.

1 hour ago, sappersrest said:

Phone Waterco explain the size pipe you have and which product  will  work for  you . Waterco eu catalouge show two sizes for metric and two for imperial size ???

Do not use tape etc to pack out once you start the pump they will just blow out.

plenty written on pool forums about this happening.

I'll probably get slated for this but I glued my eyeball ports in and popped grout under and around the flange face. The actual moving eyeball globe will unscrew and I figured if anything were to break it would be the eyeball swivel part.

I didn't see the logic in just pushing them in.

1 hour ago, grollies said:

I'll probably get slated for this but I glued my eyeball ports in and popped grout under and around the flange face. The actual moving eyeball globe will unscrew and I figured if anything were to break it would be the eyeball swivel part.

I didn't see the logic in just pushing them in.

I was going to suggest that , great idea.

BTW, this is a great topic!!!

Cheers Carl. From doom and gloom to problem solved and added waterfall feature thrown in as well perhaps?

Crossy's the one who should be chastised....putting things in with insulation tape, ....that was never going to pass security. Sort of an Isaan touch.

I'm still working on your pipe ID, I'll probably get it...I take 2 times the wall thickness off the OD, but don't get your figure ...yet. Give me time. I've still got 12 years in real time, unless I build again, then probably 6 months.
The Aquaponics, that arrives at the end of the month will be a breeze.

Really looking forward to that: not.

If I run all the water inlet pipes back to a manifold of switches in the pool room, 4 all together on the same plane, can I lay the pipes side by side on sand, touching, or do they have to be separated to stop noise and vibration?

I would eventually fill up the cavity where the pipes lay with crushed dust or 'hin poo'.

One of my workers said I should secure them to the outside of the pool concrete shell.

With the manifold of switches, is that going to cause cavitation or other problems?

15 minutes ago, carlyai said:

can I lay the pipes side by side on sand, touching, or do they have to be separated to stop noise and vibration?

not advisable as there might be some vibration if distance is close to the pump.

On 5/11/2017 at 4:44 PM, grollies said:

BTW, this is a great topic!!!

Cheers Carl. From doom and gloom to problem solved and added waterfall feature thrown in as well perhaps?

...I was waiting for "to algae bloom" as part of that rhyming sentence.

Guess I'll just have to wait until AFTER the pool is finished and the water feature is turned on.    

...I was waiting for "to algae bloom" as part of that rhyming sentence.
Guess I'll just have to wait until AFTER the pool is finished and the water feature is turned on.    

Just finished selecting the water feature for the next order. [emoji2]

not advisable as there might be some vibration if distance is close to the pump.

So you are saying I should not have the pipes touching, but laying side by side in the sand not touching?

Archived