How to plumb my pool

carlyai

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, carlyai said:

@grollies.

Yes. May go back to that idea as I think attaching the pipes to the outside pool wall, will/ could cause water noises transferred into the pool.

what water noise? :huh: i have to pipes feeding the upper jets of my pool without any insulation below the cover of the overflow. never heard any noise when the pump is running. who comes up with problems that don''t exist?

pool4.jpg

1 minute ago, Naam said:

what water noise? :huh: i have to pipes feeding the upper jets of my pool without any insulation below the cover of the overflow. never heard any noise when the pump is running. who comes up with problems that don''t exist?

pool4.jpg

All true, hanging pipe off the outer wall won't create noise in the pool, after all, the pipes eventually run through the pool shell.

2 minutes ago, grollies said:

All true, hanging pipe off the outer wall won't create noise in the pool, after all, the pipes eventually run through the pool shell.

and any pipe vibration is limited to the vicinity of the pump.

Sorry, at the moment I'm putting my mind in neutral with the help of my friend Wyndham Estate Shiraz.

I can tell you the pool dimensions (within a cm or 3), but the others specs. you'll probably have to wait till the Rocket Festival is over ...this weekend.

Pool dimentions: 14 x 4 x 1.5 (av).

I know the pump is 2hp but it's got special properties, it's like a cryptonite 2hp pump.

The filter is a Chinese Eumax sized for my pool m3, but I shall send you further info. Now the chlorinators is something else.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

what filter medium are you planning to use Carl?

It was recommended the z.... one, but I chose sand. Rock sand from the birthplace in the Himalayan mountains, mined by traditional Himalayian sand miners and placed in Big C bags and delivered to the door.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

don't even think of chlorination by salt electrolysis no matter what any eggsburt claims! 

Chemically you can get chlorine from salt, I seem to remember.

Maybe Ch ain't Ch? Like the Aussie treasure, 'there's no such thing as debt, It's either good debt or bad debt.'
So is it good Ch and bad Ch?

I need to go outside and destroy my stockpile of salt and gunpowder.

Just now, carlyai said:

Chemically you can get chlorine from salt, I seem to remember.

yes you can. but the fairy tales spread by 'greenhorny' ignorants as well as marketing people pertaining to this system are :sick:

48 minutes ago, Naam said:

don't even think of chlorination by salt electrolysis no matter what any eggsburt claims! 

Thanks for the warning, however my 6 year old pool with stable 3.5ppm free chlorine looks brilliant, I'm straight away gonna remove my salt water chlorinator because it all must be just my imagination.

19 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Thanks for the warning, however my 6 year old pool with stable 3.5ppm free chlorine looks brilliant, I'm straight away gonna remove my salt water chlorinator because it all must be just my imagination.

So now you've got to tell us:

pool size & volume

salt chlorinator make & model

Mine's ok (ish) but I have to throw in some hypo once a week.

1 minute ago, grollies said:

So now you've got to tell us:

pool size & volume

salt chlorinator make & model

Mine's ok (ish) but I have to throw in some hypo once a week.

~ 55-60 cubic 

Zodia Tri Large

Of course during rain season when the pool flows over 2 times week you need to add some trichlor or let the chlorinator run overtime.

not biting as long as nobody claims there is no chlorine in the pool water, the wife wants more sex, the dogs stopped salivating or the portfolio quadrupled since installing the CL-generator.

rabugento1.gif

@beachproperty 'I 'd be interested to know what "pump" and "filter" system you'll be using with your pool?'

The pump is a CTX 500, and the chlorinators is a Eumax 32" sand filter.

The chlorinators is an AIS Autochlor 64T, with racing stripes and Farrari hub caps.

5 hours ago, carlyai said:

The chlorinators is an AIS Autochlor 64T, with racing stripes and Farrari hub caps.

engine turbo charged or naturally aspirated?

cost including installation?

5 hours ago, Naam said:
10 hours ago, carlyai said:

Not knowing Carlyai very well, I'd guess he went with the N2O booster he read about on some lame forum  :tongue:

• 4 months later...
On 5/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, Naam said:

The chlorinator was expensive....think it's the hub caps....B 75000 with clock etc. if I remember. Installation free by me.

On 5/9/2017 at 7:13 AM, Crossy said:

Personally, as a control freak, I would bring all the pipes for the return ports, skimmers, main drain and vacuum port(s) back to a marshalling point and put individual valves on each line. Full control of how your water flows.

It's not like PVC valves are particularly expensive :smile:

But that's just me, we do have four (4) 16-way electrical distribution boards in our 3 bedroom home.

I was looking for Sappersrest post on pools and found the culprit responsible for me installing all the pipes. Good move. ?

6 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I was looking for Sappersrest post on pools and found the culprit responsible for me installing all the pipes. Good move. ?

Guilty as charged.

I did say I was a control freak :smile:

11 minutes ago, carlyai said:
On 5/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, Naam said:

The chlorinator was expensive....think it's the hub caps....B 75000 with clock etc. if I remember. Installation free by me.

you should have ordered the hub caps without the diamonds.

• 4 weeks later...

Good thread,just getting my head around your plumbing.

Because you didn't go with post No2,are you planning on using the valves for flow control or are going to insert oriface plates in each line or just happy with whatever comes out where. 

I'm using all the valves and adjusting them as I get to know the system and pool flow to the skimmers more.

I could have done with a more powerful pump, or a separate one for the waterfall as I can't have the 5 returns fully opened and the waterfall on at the same time. I'll blame the experts for that.
But, because I have complete control on the return, it's no problem to throttle the returns back when I want to run the waterfall.
I haven't as yet looked at what the best arrangement is for returns and waterfall, I am just thankfully I installed valves for full control.
I just turned the chlorinator on 2 days ago, so still adjusting everything.

Archived