Greatest manager in the English league

carmine

7 hours ago, carmine said:

Ferguson has my admiration, respect and a full acknowledgement of his achievements.  Why do you seem to feel you need anything more?

Just correcting your inaccuracy carms.............2 European Cups not 1.

When I first entered this debate I put forwards my views by stating simple facts regarding the merits of SAF/Bob Paisley and Cloughie,nothing more.....it was other contributors stating their personal,blinkered opinions on SAF that I have simply responded to.

They are the culprits,not me.

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

Just correcting your inaccuracy carms.............2 European Cups not 1.

When I first entered this debate I put forwards my views by stating simple facts regarding the merits of SAF/Bob Paisley and Cloughie,nothing more.....it was other contributors stating their personal,blinkered opinions on SAF that I have simply responded to.

They are the culprits,not me.

oh shut up you daft little drama queen.

and your reading comprehension skills are lacking again. carmine posted that ferguson was awarded the knighthood for one european cup. which he was. what with him being knighted in 1999.

On 09/05/2017 at 3:24 AM, petermik said:

Stats show that Bob Paisley had a slightly higher success rate of winning trophies to Fergie,however this was over a much shorter period 9 years against 26.

Cloughie did excellent also with Peter Taylor alongside,after they fell out however it was a different story............don,t tell anyone in Leeds that Brian Clough was a good manager :whistling:

Opinions/opinions on sheer number of trophies won/length of time in management there is only one winner.......:thumbsup:

On 09/05/2017 at 3:35 AM, carmine said:

Surely theres two views regards the length of time taken to win trophies.  Theres your point i'm presuming that its been achieved over a longer more enduring period of time or the other,  that to win so much in much lesser time is the greater achievement.

On 09/05/2017 at 5:08 AM, petermik said:

You may also consider that to continually producing winning teams over a greater period of time is a better test of a manager,when Fergie took over United were not in the same position as Liverpool were when Paisley followed Bill Shankly.

Whilst your basing your opinion on trophies won in seasons of management Paisley just comes out on top.........however Paisleys win ratio to games played is 57.57% Fergies is better at 59.7% while managing at United.

Fergie (sorry bitters) is clearly the best :thumbsup:

On 09/05/2017 at 5:10 AM, StevieH said:

harry basset, obviously.

nobody else think ferguson's abuse of referees, attitude to the BBC and other press, greed over the racehorse nonsense with mcmanus and magnier counts against him then?

There you go :sad:

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

liverpool fans prefer it that bob paisley doesn't have a knighthood mate. 

People do turn them down and don't let on. I would have thought Dalgiesh was worthy of a knighthood.

2 minutes ago, champers said:

People do turn them down and don't let on. I would have thought Dalgiesh was worthy of a knighthood.

yeah, danny boyle was one of the most recent to turn it down. so did david bowie.

i don't think kenny would accept one to be honest.

For me shankly busby   and nicholson  ALL were groundbreakers and as icons all  FOR ME stand head  shoulders above ANY one that follows

If its just on trophies than it has to go to ferguson followed v closely  by that gobby prick that was clough.

Archived