District chief trots out the same old epithets as yet another "sex clean up" of Pattaya goes through the motions

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

I wonder if boss admonished his troops "Don't wave or say hi to any of the girls, no matter how well you "know" them..."

Funniest posting of the day so far. :smile:

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

The reason pattaya became and remains a modern day sodom and gomorrah is due to westerners.

Dirty depraved western tourists and sexpats have made it what it is.

Spoken like a rabid bible thumper.

Gee wow ? how will police make there money each month they will go after more motor  bike helmets end of the month targeting hard  working people " its so fn corrupt here all about money off the girls , girls live in hope they may meet someone foreigner  , they marry a thai man once pregnant or have baby they piss off no gov support no child support the girl has to find the money so they do it , and a lot do and some for money,  get your head out of the bible every " u idiot " jesus married one , all country have these, bars and so called gentlemen clubs , massage parlors legally the girl di it for they call money , u r here what for to be a precher ? so use your brain its everywhere in the world its life since time began .

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

I do believe the statement blaming westerners to be totally untrue. The sex scene was readily available in every asian country long before any significant western presence occurred. In Indonesia whole villages were and are being maintained by the army solely for the purpose of having somewhere for the soldiers to go and partake, and in places like Bangkok the "Thai for Thai" scene totally dwarfs the Farang scenes evident in the Patpong, Nana Plaza, and Soi Cowboy areas. Westerners come here because they enjoy the ease and availability of things not freely available in their own hypocritical countries. Just because there are brighter lights outside the establishments aimed at the Farang market does not mean anything other than it is now more visible.

Well spoken.

5 hours ago, whitemouse said:

And for that we should all be grateful! 

Those who oppose liberal views on sex are free not to participate,  but just because some find it 'amoral' is no reason to shut it down.  Sometimes, tho very rarely, the total lack of results of police work is to our advantage. 

You misunderstand what the liberal view on "sex" is. It is not a license to exploit the impoverished, the mentally ill, the physically ill, the disadvantaged, children or people forced into the sex trade.  Unfortunately, these are the type of people who work in Thailand's sex trade.  If you believe that a normal well adjust 17 year old wakes up one day and says,  I have decided on my career and it's to  work as a whore letting disgusting old creepy pervs sodomize me, or pee on me or sweat all over me or abuse me, you are mistaken.

You and the other older males of this forum wish to ignore some of the  cold hard facts of the sex trade because it goes against  the  political narrative of your perceived personal freedoms that you wish to impose on those who have to pick up the pieces that the Johns, pimps, perverts and child molesters  leave behind.

I get it. You believe there is nothing wrong in paying for access to sexual activity.  Of course you will add the caveat, "between consenting adults". And that's where there is a hitch. Is a mentally ill, or under age adolescent or drug addicted person capable of giving informed consent? Well, if the law and society says that they can not do that for the purchase of a vehicle, how then can you justify it in the sex trade?  Too many sex workers are trafficked in from Cambodia, Myanmar  or are sold into sex  indenture because of family debt.  

I have no issue if mentally competent adults wish to engage in sexual activity and one wishes to show the other an appreciation for a job well done. Good for them. Everyone's happy. Let's put up cameras in the  sex district, so that everyone can see what's happening. Let them stop harassing the child protection workers who visit the  bars. When sex tourists are caught misbehaving or breaking the law, let's publish their names and details and circulate the information to their home countries. If they think nothing of fornicating with a 15 year old or a manic depressive or a junkie, then what's it matter if the  world knows who they are?  Many of these bars feature strung out men and women. Others are walking carriers of Herpes, HPV, Hepatitis, Syphilis and HIV. The Johns do their business and then bring their diseases back to their countries spreading disease, destruction and death.  They then expect  society to pay for their medical bills and care because the poor dears were "victims".

If I have to comply with laws that say I must  verify  the integrity of my "clients" and that I can not violate sanctions or other laws, otherwise I am subject to serious penalties, then the advocates of the sex trade should be subject to the same parameters, since it is after all a business transaction. Can you guarantee that the person who you enter into a sex for pay transaction is a mentally competent adult capable of informed consent?  Will you pay into a medical fund to pay for their long term medical and psychological care? How about workers compensation and a pension?  You and others would argue that it's a legitimate job. Well, the reality is that the sex tourists won't pay. They just want their sex and then they leave their mess behind; the sick and damaged sex workers and the costs to society that it brings,

Take ownership for the costs to society and the damage done and then you can make your case..

7 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

You misunderstand what the liberal view on "sex" is. It is not a license to exploit the impoverished, the mentally ill, the physically ill, the disadvantaged, children or people forced into the sex trade.  Unfortunately, these are the type of people who work in Thailand's sex trade.  If you believe that a normal well adjust 17 year old wakes up one day and says,  I have decided on my career and it's to  work as a whore letting disgusting old creepy pervs sodomize me, or pee on me or sweat all over me or abuse me, you are mistaken.

You and the other older males of this forum wish to ignore some of the  cold hard facts of the sex trade because it goes against  the  political narrative of your perceived personal freedoms that you wish to impose on those who have to pick up the pieces that the Johns, pimps, perverts and child molesters  leave behind.

I get it. You believe there is nothing wrong in paying for access to sexual activity.  Of course you will add the caveat, "between consenting adults". And that's where there is a hitch. Is a mentally ill, or under age adolescent or drug addicted person capable of giving informed consent? Well, if the law and society says that they can not do that for the purchase of a vehicle, how then can you justify it in the sex trade?  Too many sex workers are trafficked in from Cambodia, Myanmar  or are sold into sex  indenture because of family debt.  

I have no issue if mentally competent adults wish to engage in sexual activity and one wishes to show the other an appreciation for a job well done. Good for them. Everyone's happy. Let's put up cameras in the  sex district, so that everyone can see what's happening. Let them stop harassing the child protection workers who visit the  bars. When sex tourists are caught misbehaving or breaking the law, let's publish their names and details and circulate the information to their home countries. If they think nothing of fornicating with a 15 year old or a manic depressive or a junkie, then what's it matter if the  world knows who they are?  Many of these bars feature strung out men and women. Others are walking carriers of Herpes, HPV, Hepatitis, Syphilis and HIV. The Johns do their business and then bring their diseases back to their countries spreading disease, destruction and death.  They then expect  society to pay for their medical bills and care because the poor dears were "victims".

If I have to comply with laws that say I must  verify  the integrity of my "clients" and that I can not violate sanctions or other laws, otherwise I am subject to serious penalties, then the advocates of the sex trade should be subject to the same parameters, since it is after all a business transaction. Can you guarantee that the person who you enter into a sex for pay transaction is a mentally competent adult capable of informed consent?  Will you pay into a medical fund to pay for their long term medical and psychological care? How about workers compensation and a pension?  You and others would argue that it's a legitimate job. Well, the reality is that the sex tourists won't pay. They just want their sex and then they leave their mess behind; the sick and damaged sex workers and the costs to society that it brings,

Take ownership for the costs to society and the damage done and then you can make your case..

Given your stated views on the scene I have to conclude that you don't participate, which explains your lack of knowledge about it. Have you ever talked to the thousands of bargirls that are completely "normal"? I guess not.

If you believe that a normal well adjust 17 year old wakes up one day and says,  I have decided on my career and it's to  work as a whore letting disgusting old creepy pervs sodomize me, or pee on me or sweat all over me or abuse me, you are mistaken.

:cheesy:

You really have no idea as to what actually goes on. 

For a start it would be illegal for a 17 year old to work as a bar girl.

Add a few years and what they say is "I'll go to Pattaya for a few years and earn enough money to support my child that was fathered  by a Thai man that abandoned me when I became pregnant, and when I have enough money I'll find something else to do".

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The report of the party's activities did not mention a single arrest or incident encountered by the group on their foray into the resort's nightlife.

A parade is fun but lets not get carried away here. Its a double entendre in action. A little John Phillips Sousa music maestro to add a little luster. 

31 minutes ago, tomwct said:

The New Sex Capital of Thailand being setup in Mae Hon Son by the Governor and the Police. Go Go Buses from Pattaya will be started very soon.

bad luck for foreign sex tourists: in Mae Hong Son they will have to compete with "sweet teen" Thai customers from army, police, local and provincial administration, and teachers, high-ranking officials alike. The real problem will be "call a spade a spade" won't work i.e. a foreigner attending to a 15y- old lass will land in the slammer whereas a Thai teacher before doing the same thing with the same lass "was shown her ID being 21ys.!" - under oath, of course ... they love THAT

3 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

How about and upgrade to "sex capital of the galaxy"?

Now don't bring the aliens in on this. No wonder flying saucers are circling the globe. Wonder if they can GPS sex hot spots. Forget about "Take me to your leader"

6 hours ago, webfact said:

PATTAYA: -- Bang Lamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong joined an entourage of local police and soldiers parading through Pattaya on Tuesday.

Yes the chief seems to have that "same old shit different day" look on his face. 

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given your stated views on the scene I have to conclude that you don't participate, which explains your lack of knowledge about it. Have you ever talked to the thousands of bargirls that are completely "normal"? I guess not.

If you believe that a normal well adjust 17 year old wakes up one day and says,  I have decided on my career and it's to  work as a whore letting disgusting old creepy pervs sodomize me, or pee on me or sweat all over me or abuse me, you are mistaken.

:cheesy:

You really have no idea as to what actually goes on. 

For a start it would be illegal for a 17 year old to work as a bar girl.

Add a few years and what they say is "I'll go to Pattaya for a few years and earn enough money to support my child that was fathered  by a Thai man that abandoned me when I became pregnant, and when I have enough money I'll find something else to do".

Actually I do. My initial specialty was public health solutions. I have read the reports as to the demographics and sociological characteristics of the sex trade in Thailand.  I have also seen my share of the data reports in respect to the infection rates. If it makes you feel better that there are no victims and that no one is hurt, go for it. It still doesn't change the reality.  

Your exchange of banter with a hooker doesn't qualify as reliable information. 

I have no desire to change the world. If you are cool with taking advantage of the disadvantaged, okie dokie.

As in 99% of the inspections of these establishments, You must understand the 'Standard Operating Procedure' of the Thai Police....... The RTP go around to all these places at regular intervals and pick-up some small brown envelopes (Protection Money).......... In exchange for those envelopes the cops will 'Alert' those shops when there is 'Pending Inspections'........ So when 'inspections are planned the businesses get timely warnings to clean up their act at the given time and look clean as a whistle when the Govt. Officials come parading by with all the News and TV reporters to report to all news channels and publications that indeed The Sex-Capital is now 'STERILE' thanks to the hard work of the Govt and local police....... (LOL)      The Thai Officials are satisfied that they have fooled the world....... Win-Win situation for the businesses and cops..............

IMHO......... I think that if some of the other country's who are labelling Pattaya as a  Sex-Capital would shut their damm mouths and stop printing all that news then this would all quiet down........

12 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Actually I do. My initial specialty was public health solutions. I have read the reports as to the demographics and sociological characteristics of the sex trade in Thailand.  I have also seen my share of the data reports in respect to the infection rates. If it makes you feel better that there are no victims and that no one is hurt, go for it. It still doesn't change the reality.  

Your exchange of banter with a hooker doesn't qualify as reliable information. 

I have no desire to change the world. If you are cool with taking advantage of the disadvantaged, okie dokie.

These girls haven't been sold into slavery, nor were they dragged in chains to the sexpots of Pattaya or Bangkok, they have been attracted by the easy money. They do have other choices, there is plenty of factory work available, be it for minimum wage or just above, so don't tell me being a sex worker is their only choice, or that the dirty old falang is taking advantage. In fact, one might see it as the opposite in many cases.

7 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I guess they didn't notice the multi story soapies on Second Road, mind you they are pretty 'inconspicuous'.

Maybe they were checked already and were not using underage or non-Thai girls?  Soapies are regulated and can operate legally.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

These girls haven't been sold into slavery, nor were they dragged in chains to the sexpots of Pattaya or Bangkok, they have been attracted by the easy money. They do have other choices, there is plenty of factory work available, be it for minimum wage or just above, so don't tell me being a sex worker is their only choice, or that the dirty old falang is taking advantage. In fact, one might see it as the opposite in many cases.

Some of these guys wear rose tinted glasses and see how 'persecuted' the girls are. The slave side happens in karaokes well away from pattaya. Very few if any girls are in pattaya are under duress and these guys look ridiculous churning their rhetoric out. They apply western opinions to red light activity to Thailand- it's apples and oranges.

I have talked to girls from Phuket to Chiang Mai 'in the business'. Some are flighty materialistic' look at me's' in it for instant money that they splurge straight away, others have business plans, ie a quick 6 months to get out of debt and go back to a normal life, to earn tuition for the next year's university or to build a house. I know one girl who by 21 has conned her sponsors into building her a nice house in Issan and then got out of the business. She worked her backside off (literally) but achieved her aim. She now works as a receptionist in a hotel.

None of these women are 'exploited'.  They all have a clear idea of what they are doing.  Some (most definitely not all) are pulling in up to 100k a month, knowing that they have a sell by date.

I know bars where mothers and daughters are working- they don't have an issue with it and its good money. They are not exploited by anyone.

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Maybe they were checked already and were not using underage or non-Thai girls?  Soapies are regulated and can operate legally.

How can it be legal to sell sex in one location and not in another?

So sex is OK if regulated- how does that work if prostitution is illegal?

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

To be fair, they haven't said they want to stop sex tourism. They want to stop illegal activities such as brothels, underage prostitution and illegal foreign sex workers. The vast majority of gogos and other bars that cater for tourists are not being affected, unless they break the rules.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He also didn't want the resort to be called "sex capital of the world" anymore, reported Siam Chon News

How can it be legal to sell sex in one location and not in another?

So sex is OK if regulated- how does that work if prostitution is illegal?

Prostitution is not illegal, it is regulated. Aspects are illegal, but if carried out as defined in the legislation it's legal. The Act even refers to the requirement for massage girls and dancers to wear numbers!