Khon Kaen set to become "Smart City" of the future

webfact

Khon Kaen set to become "Smart City" of the future

5pm.jpg

Picture: video screenshot

KHON KAEN: -- Voice TV painted a rosy picture for the future of one of Isaan's most populated cities, Khon Kaen.

They said that the city's proposed transport links and traffic innovations are set to make it a "Smart City" of the future.

They pointed to the proposed tram project running from Samran to Tha Phra on a 22.8 kilometer stretch as the jewel in the crown for the city's future.

They said that there will be 16 stations - 10 at street level and 6 elevated. The 400 million baht a kilometer route is set to start being

constructed towards the end of this year and be finished by 2019, they said.

Voice TV said that the city's new infrastructure was being well planned by coordinated think tanks that were determined to make it the first "Smart City" in Thailand.

Other innovations include traffic control by what they called "iOT - Sensor - Drone" technology. This was not explained in any detail.

There would also be a coordinated approach to city bus transport with the "KK Transit" application available to check departure times and locations of services, a first for Thailand.

They also intimated that passengers flying out of Khon Kaen airport would be able to go to destinations in Asia without the need to go to Bangkok.

Source: Voice TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-10

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What I am afraid of since long.

"Little Bangkok" in upcountry :saai:

So am I.

In the twelve years I lived in Khon Kaen I saw this town change from a rather quiet "village" into a Bangkok clone.

Not to my liking.

1 hour ago, Hereinthailand said:

400 million baht a kilometer, man I wish I owned a thai construction company !

10 million Euro a kilometer.

More or less, depending on the exchange rate.

Including everything?

Cheap!

12 minutes ago, hansnl said:

So am I.

In the twelve years I lived in Khon Kaen I saw this town change from a rather quiet "village" into a Bangkok clone.

Not to my liking.

Cities are like magnets.

15 minutes ago, hansnl said:

10 million Euro a kilometer.

More or less, depending on the exchange rate.

Including everything?

Cheap!

Maybe in europe with euro quality and standards, but Im only familiar with 12 years of service on the second largest railway system in america. Cheap ???? you are joking im sure.

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

A waste of money 16 stations for 22 km = it will just pick up speed & have to stop again

Wrong, nothing unusual.

Even city subways have distances of 1 to 1.5 km.

Even closer for trams.

With your argument, you can call the Bangkok skytrain a waste of money.

Distances on the Sukhumvit line down to about 600 m.

With modern electric motors there is no problem with that.

Seems you never experienced the accelaration of a modern electric train and the possibility of regaining power from electric brakes.

3 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Smart city of the future :post-4641-1156694572:... I just love the way hyperbole is used when describing small achievements in Thailand

Take a look at the changes so far in the last 3 years. You might change your opinion.

Anything KK can get is a good thing. I stopped there around ten years ago and got off the train there. Thought it might be a charming little place. Took me around 30 minutes and I was off to the bus station to get to my next destination. 

Smart City of the future is a bit of a tall claim but if they can even get 1% of the way towards that it would be an improvement. 

On 5/10/2017 at 5:05 PM, anotheruser said:

Anything KK can get is a good thing. I stopped there around ten years ago and got off the train there. Thought it might be a charming little place. Took me around 30 minutes and I was off to the bus station to get to my next destination. 

Smart City of the future is a bit of a tall claim but if they can even get 1% of the way towards that it would be an improvement. 

Visit again with a Khon Kaen girl on your side and you may never leave. Best women in Thailand and lots to do if you know where to go and cheap. 

6 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

It has a long way to go, a very boring place in my opinion, Udon Thani far better.

Sorry udon thani is the pits to many laos girls to many expats.

Edited by jeab1980