Ford wants to do 100k km service but car only 65k km

4 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

In Australia blah, blah, blah...

What happens in Drongoland has nothing to do with the reality of living in Thailand.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Drongoland sounds a lot better than your current or past residence? 

I would say the poster is pointing out that consumers are better protected in Drongoland than Thailand. Drongoland consumers have achieved more in 230 years than consumers in Thailand have achieved in 600 years.Therefore, who needs to improve?

Seems you are locked into the status quo and cannot imagine trying to improve the current situation?

BTW, are you a current or ex Ford employee or franchise owner? Sure sound like one.

6 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Why is making the best cars in Thailand a disaster?

What is really a disaster is anyone who buys a Toyota or a Nissan Almera; utter rubbish, unless you know no better.

When I was looking around to buy a new car I informed around...My neighbour had a new Ford an during the first year the gearsystem blocked.  Than I spoke with someone who is running a "rent a car" business in Pattaya...he advised me never to buy a Ford because all 3 that he had had broken gear systems.

Ford might be ok...but not in the LOS...

6 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Why is making the best cars in Thailand a disaster?

Might be time to put down the FanBoy banner.

Acknowledge the problems your Beloved markee has, if you expect your opinion to be taken seriously.

Well the op said a Fiesta..,

I have a 2004 Focus 1.6 LX, manual (albeit in drongo land) its covered 99,000 MILES, and still going strong. I paid £500 for it, then gave it a major service, and changed Cambelt & Waterpump at 92000 miles (just to be safe as could not see any evidence in book - last service history stopped at 5th stamp (around 60k) it runs like a sewing machine, just passed MOT with an advisory for front discs for next year (slightly scoured) have Brembo discs & pads ready to fit (£68 the lot)

Still looks in decent nick and is a great fun daily driver, it sits outside my gaff while am in LOS for a few months then key in and starts first turn (is the first Ford ever owned last two cars being Mercedes CLS and E-Class before that, now retired I dont need depreciating assets! Mu lil Focus is Great!

9 hours ago, janpharma said:

When I was looking around to buy a new car I informed around...My neighbour had a new Ford an during the first year the gearsystem blocked.  Than I spoke with someone who is running a "rent a car" business in Pattaya...he advised me never to buy a Ford because all 3 that he had had broken gear systems.

Ford might be ok...but not in the LOS...

Ford and Chevrolet, the worst of any car makes in the world. Ridiculous USA :-)

6 month oil change is bs. Change every 12 months or if the mileage is due. If it's really low miles over the year I would extend to 18 months if it's full synthetic and out of warranty. 

On 12/05/2017 at 1:45 PM, kiniyow said:

Time has nothing to do with oil changes it is all about KM period

You'd be foolish not to change 2 or 3 year old oil even if the car had only done low mileage in that time. Heat, cooling and condensation all effect engine oil over time.

On 2017-5-14 at 4:33 AM, JaseTheBass said:

In Australia blah, blah, blah...

What happens in Drongoland has nothing to do with the reality of living in Thailand.

What a provocative, uncivil chap you are!

When an organization like Ultra Tune takes on the manufacturers, and wins, it will have everything to do with the reality of living in Thailand.

As a guide when posting, ppst only what you would say face to face.  Perhaps you would speak that way, an indication of the company you keep?

When an organization like Ultra Tune takes on the manufacturers, and wins, it will have everything to do with the reality of living in Thailand.
As a guide when posting, ppst only what you would say face to face.  Perhaps you would speak that way, an indication of the company you keep?

But Aussies are the best sports in the world (or so they tell anyone who will listen) so it's just a bit of 'banter'.

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

How would an oil change company is Australia influence the auto manufacturers in Thailand on their operations ?

5 hours ago, Don Mega said:

How would an oil change company is Australia influence the auto manufacturers in Thailand on their operations ?

OMG - what a specious convoluted "conclusion" you have reached. Are you a missionary?

Did not read the rest of the post , however services are due by Kilometers driven or lapse of time, oil and grease does not last forever, we have a fiesta in korat and the Ford dealer are the most honest people I have ever dealt with in the Industry.

11 hours ago, ableguy said:

Did not read the rest of the post , however services are due by Kilometers driven or lapse of time, oil and grease does not last forever, we have a fiesta in korat and the Ford dealer are the most honest people I have ever dealt with in the Industry.

Thankfully most modern rides have sealed bearings and prop UJ's, the internal grease is never changed and can last the life of the ride. But Toyota does use grease top up nipples on the Vigo prop shafts...