Sheikhul Islam Office condemns recent bombing incidents in Pattani

webfact

Sheikhul Islam Office condemns recent bombing incidents in Pattani

BANGKOK, 12th May 2017, (NNT) - The Sheikhul Islam Office has released a letter condemning the bombing incidents in Pattani province that injured dozens of innocent people earlier this week.

The office was referring to the two bombs that went off on Tuesday afternoon at a Big C store in Muang Pattani district and wounded at least 59 people. 

The office indicated that the vicious act was planned with the malicious intent of taking away the lives of innocent people. It was an inhumane act that goes against the teachings of Islam, which clearly forbids such a crime. 

The Sheikhul Islam Office thus urges the perpetrators to refrain from engaging in further violent acts against the residents. The office also implores the government to do everything in its power to prevent such incidents from occurring again, while providing assistance measures to the victims of the incidents and bringing the culprits to justice. 

The office finally asked the administration to quickly find peaceful solutions to end these violent acts that plague the South, especially by mean of promoting public participation.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-12

2 hours ago, brucec64 said:

I see that stopped short of providing names or information that would assist in capturing the terrorists.

I would like to be a fly on the wall when they had a private discussion on how they really felt. Might be a little different than the public statement...

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Before the next poster comments I sincerely recommend they understand the role of the OP organisation in Thailand, who appoints the Head of the Organisation & where they fit in the Thai government structure. A lot better than making uninformed and potentially illegal social media commentary under Thai law..

Edited by simple1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The Sheikhul Islam Office thus urges the perpetrators to refrain from engaging in further violent acts against the residents.

As much chance of that working as a handsome (or not) man walking down soi 6 with gold rings, necklaces and cash bulging out of his pockets and not being encouraged to put his feet up at a local hostelry !