Do you think this is gay?

bkk6060

This is a serious question.  I have a friend (no, it is not me)  who goes with LB's.

He claims it is not gay because he is always the male probing participant, never the LB.

I think it is gay.  At least semi-gay.

On the big picture no judgement on my friend, he is a good guy.

I just believe he may be fooling himself rea. his true lifestyle preferences and feelings. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's into ladyboys.

Literally.

Mainstream "gay" would generally mean he would be seeking cisgender males.

As far as his Kinsey scale, hard to say, probably somewhere on the bi side of the spectrum. 

FYI, the vast majority of men that identify as gay men are not sexually interested in males that present as females. 

So the fact that your "friend" does not identify as gay is no surprise at all. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Yeah.

But anyway, the label doesn't really matter.

He's enjoying himself and it's consensual.

Next ... 

agree ....  I was going to say ' who cares ' ....  but didn't wanna be nasty. If he's gay ..good. :)

If he's not .. good :)   lol.

OP... why are you so interested....

''I just believe he may be fooling himself rea. his true lifestyle preferences and feelings''    ??

Do you want him to want to have sex with you?

Different people like different things sexually.....  why are you so concerned with the man's sex life?

It's human nature to try to figure out how things and people work, so your attempt at trying to classify your friend is normal.   Unfortunately, a lot of people use this tendency to classify others as a way to discriminate against them.  

Unfortunately, some things fall on a continuum and don't easily fit into a particular classification.   Your friend probably doesn't consider himself gay and most gay people wouldn't consider him gay either.  

He is what he is.

Gosh, seriously no reason for some of you to get so defensive.  I am pretty liberal and open minded.  My thinking is Thailand/Pattaya is one of the places where there should be basically no judgement, unless it is kids or animals. 

No, I really don't care.  But if you drink and meet people in bars here this topic comes up from time to time.  I think it may be like the "I always use a condom" revelations.  Guys don't want to be judged by their actions but in reality some like to engage in LB.

No problem more power to them. My friend is always defending himself about his activities.  I have told him I don't care, so I was just curious what others think about this.

Thanks for your responses go out and have a great night hope it does not rain!!

If you have to put a label on it, I would say a man having sex with another man is pretty gay, whether one man happens to be dressed as a woman or is or isn't a eunich is neither here nor there.

I would also say that sexual labels are a waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 6:44 PM, onthesoi said:

If you have to put a label on it, I would say a man having sex with another man is pretty gay, whether one man happens to be dressed as a woman or is or isn't a eunich is neither here nor there.

I would also say that sexual labels are a waste of time.

As a gay man, I can tell you that a LB is not a man in the sense that a gay man would go for. A LB presents a a woman, and hence gay men are not interested. 

On 5/16/2017 at 3:05 PM, Aachen said:

Mind your own business :partytime2:

Speak for yourself. If someone is curious, he should ask questions rather than resorting to prejudice. And here is the right place to ask IMHO.

A Thai ladyboy can be very beautiful and look like real woman. So maybe that's "his thing".  And it depends on if she did the surgery down there or not, that would be important for many straight men I would imagine .  

Still he could be gay , Bi , straight , or a strange mix of it all.

Back in my -at the dawn of craigslist-dating days, there was one hunky guy I remember whom after several laborious attempts I had to let slip away, simply because the deal-breaker was for when he showed up at the door, I had to present myself as a female (CD as the term used in the States.)  We liked each other “merchandises” (ie body parts), he agreed to all various practices that I proposed. But mentally he could not see himself having sex with another guy! So if I could bugger him while donning woman attire and make-up then we’d be all set! 

I think  in general, the spectrum of human sexuality is so wide-open (pun intended) that some labels kinda help in sorting things out at first; though  whether that would help clearing up or adding confusion later on, depending on how hardcore things are going to get, is another matter. All my Thai (female) friends, invariably after my coming out to them, whenever we walk past a woman underwear stand would pause and throw me a questioning look; or get all excited when they found me a rather effeminate  (“queenie” in gay parlance) acquaintance whom they think would make a good match. When pressed - meaning no laughing matter - they really wanted to know if I am a “king” or a “queen.” The answer to this (had to be either/or for it to make sense to them) laid to rest all that they ever wanted to know about me in the realm of gayness. 

In my realm of gayness, as a homosexual male, I’m indifferent to most thing pertaining to the female body (except for one, more on that later) even though personally I bear some feminine traits as found on most gay men at one time or another. The thought of having anything to do with woman genitalia is, speaking in the context of sexual intimacy, not repulsive, but simply an idea that I feel strongly averse to, similar to adding palaa to my somtam. (Same could be said for a straight man if he happened to think about what he would do - or rather not - with another guy’s penis.)

That one female part that I take exception to, even with a passion, is the chest/breasts area. I agree when someone earlier on this thread says that majority of gay guys don’t care for tits. But to me, a guy with a nice smooth ample chest (suitably adorned with suckle-able areolas) is lot more desirable than if he simply has a huge dick (which, truth be told, always makes me pause with trepidation - another area I know I’m in the minority of.) One time I hit the jackpot, when a guy let me take off-shoulder pics of his bouncy “buxom”; which when shown to my then 3 female housemates, of various ages at the time, became instant object of envy : “Oh, look at that, I wish mine'd (still) look like those!” 

[“Those were the days, my friends…”]

On 5/16/2017 at 10:11 AM, Scott said:

It's human nature to try to figure out how things and people work, so your attempt at trying to classify your friend is normal.   Unfortunately, a lot of people use this tendency to classify others as a way to discriminate against them.  

Unfortunately, some things fall on a continuum and don't easily fit into a particular classification.   Your friend probably doesn't consider himself gay and most gay people wouldn't consider him gay either.  

He is what he is.

Gay.

8 hours ago, fatdrunkandstupid said:

Gay.

Hard to say what he is.  A gay person is attracted to someone of the same sex.  If it is a feminized man who has breasts and still has the penis, I just don't consider that gender as 'male'.  Just like you wouldn't be attracted to a woman who had no breasts and a hairy chest but a vagina.  Or maybe you would?  Anyway, I'm not sure what you call them, because they are not attracted to men per se.

Just now, tominbkk said:

Hard to say what he is.  A gay person is attracted to someone of the same sex.  If it is a feminized man who has breasts and still has the penis, I just don't consider that gender as 'male'.  Just like you wouldn't be attracted to a woman who had no breasts and a hairy chest but a vagina.  Or maybe you would?  Anyway, I'm not sure what you call them, because they are not attracted to men per se.

What the hell has gender and sex got to do with it.

The Op simply asked if his friend is happy.

Archived