Central underpass

huuwi

I definitely prefer it with the middle lane blocked off.

I don't go through at peak hour, but I haven't noticed any tailbacks heading north because of  this change.

Maybe they're going to do what I suggested a year or two back. Divider down the middle lane, one lane each direction with half a lane each for breakdowns.

Now all that is left to be desired is a round-about on top instead of these stupid traffic lights. There is enough room for it, and it would be much better than standing at a red light for two minutes. If only Thai drivers would know the basic rules of a round-about. (Or traffic circle, if you mind.)

13 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

Now all that is left to be desired is a round-about on top instead of these stupid traffic lights. There is enough room for it, and it would be much better than standing at a red light for two minutes. If only Thai drivers would know the basic rules of a round-about. (Or traffic circle, if you mind.)

They'd probably block off two exits and make you do a u-turn, like at Heroine's Monument! Traffic flow would be so much better if Thai drivers knew how to deal with roundabouts but dangerous u-turns are the preferred way here.

17 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

Roundabouts don't work here, which is why Heroines is blocked off and Chalong Circle is a nightmare.

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

They'd probably block off two exits and make you do a u-turn, like at Heroine's Monument! Traffic flow would be so much better if Thai drivers knew how to deal with roundabouts but dangerous u-turns are the preferred way here.

the only roundabout that you can call one is the one in phuket town near the grocery, the rest are just dot's on a crossroad.

and yes, the monument roundabout is realy useless, 90% of the time closed