Rats

pumpjack

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if they were rats or mice in the outside kitchen, but a bowl of tasty rat poison sure fixed them up. Haven't seen one for ages.

Worst city IMHO is Saigon ( Ho Chi Minh City ). They walk around in the gutters without any fear.

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I understand the health issues involved, but not the 'terrified on seeing a rat'!

I used to work with a girl who would run out of the room screaming if an image of a snake came on the tv screen.  As it turns out she had a very extreme phobia of working.

Every year it becomes a challenge mothballing the pickup. Last year they made a nest in the air cleaner box; I foiled their return to that this year by closing the air intake. Always close the air vent into the cabin so they can't enter through that. Always have to remove the blower motor and extract all the bedding they put in the air intakes. Always sprinkle lots of pepper everywhere; eg floor mats. Will try some mothballs above the blower motor this year. Surprisingly they have never chewed through any wires; maybe they put something in the plastic?

22 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

I used to work with a girl who would run out of the room screaming if an image of a snake came on the tv screen.  As it turns out she had a very extreme phobia of working.

I am a proud rat (1948) so be nice . We have been copping heaps since  humans stopped cleaning up. 

I was once at sitting at this coffee shop outside where I could see the roof top. I saw many rats running across the roof. Guess what else I saw? They fornicated, the male rat would climb on the back of the female rat after a very short while the male ejaculated and when that happened the male rat would lift his head high up towards the sky.

And other rats also doing the same thing. The male rats have huge testicles. If men have the same size testicles in proportion to the body size it would slow down their walking pace.

Why don't they give rats foods that contains birth control pills?

I nail a couple of rats on a wooden board and leave them at the entrance of the drain and the rats got the message they don't come anymore. The rats nailed on the wooden board take a long time to die. I used very thin long nails.

10 minutes ago, madusa said:

I was once at sitting at this coffee shop outside where I could see the roof top. I saw many rats running across the roof. Guess what else I saw? They fornicated, the male rat would climb on the back of the female rat after a very short while the male ejaculated and when that happened the male rat would lift his head high up towards the sky.

And other rats also doing the same thing. The male rats have huge testicles. If men have the same size testicles in proportion to the body size it would slow down their walking pace.

I nail a couple of rats on a wooden board and leave them at the entrance of the drain and the rats got the message they don't come anymore. The rats nailed on the wooden board take a long time to die. I used very thin long nails.

Possibly the creepiest post I have read in a long time.

<Shudder>

''What can be done about all the rats in Thailand?''

"What's this?"
You like!!!  Taste like chicken!!!

New Farang Food Menu

Kaow Dtom Nuu
Nuu Tawt

Pat Pak Ruam Nuu Rat Kaow

Nuu Satay
Bamii gap Nuu Dang
Luuk Chin Nuu

Delicious!!!  Arroy arroy!  

UPDATE....just had soup in small thai noodle stand at back of kasikotn bank on soi buakhao...2 ran under the tables.....i left the soup i wont return and i think i may not eat from thai food stalls again.  

i think it must be the rain brings them out too as ive seen many tonight big / small mostly around bins at side of road  or maybe its because my senses are now heightened to them.  i dont know but bloody horrible discusting things

Strange how you can buy and use rat traps & rat poison to kill rats but harm a filthy, mangy, disease ridden, dangerous street dog and you'll have the full weight of the police and the populace to deal with. Thai Buddhist hypocrisy. You can harm some animals but not others.

18 hours ago, dotpoom said:

"I read (a long time ago in the UK) that you're rarely further than one metre away from a rat."

I believe they are saying the same thing these days in the White House ?

and the UK Houses of Parliament. 

13 hours ago, madusa said:

You are very cruel, if you have to kill them because they are destructive, then do it quickly.

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You are very cruel, if you have to kill them because they are destructive, then do it quickly.

They had caused the "Black Death" in Europe during the 13 century didn't they? The Plague they deserve the torture.

43 minutes ago, madusa said:

They had caused the "Black Death" in Europe during the 13 century didn't they? The Plague they deserve the torture.

The British caused genocide in other countries only around 100 years ago, does that mean the British people today share the blame?

59 minutes ago, madusa said:

Humans caused the 'black death' in Europe... as they were living in filth and squalor... walking about in their own crap and did not have any sanitation or understanding about hygiene... also creating the ideal home for rats to breed and multiply. 

It was the fleas on the rats that caused the spread of the disease, not the rats.. and those fleas also lived on peoples cats and dogs. 

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The British caused genocide in other countries only around 100 years ago, does that mean the British people today share the blame?

Oh, ok, I was mistaken so it's not the rat it's the flea on the rats. Sorry then,  and sorry to you Mr Jak as well.( Mr Jak of the other commentary)

I remember years back I went to the hardware store to buy reinforced metal pipe to make old fashion rifle. I was worried I blew my face up so I needed the hard steel type metal. I loaded it with powder from fire crackers I had to open them up to collect the powder and when I shot the rat it blew the head off. I loaded the rifle with small metal ball bearings. I had no choice really not that I am cruel, these rats were biting my chickens you know.

You wait till the big fat rats bite your babies then you don't think i am cruel anymore. Homemade guns are illegal in Thailand? How much the fine? The loading of the gun is a long process you can't do much harm to human, the police should know.

Edited by madusa
add word

11 hours ago, madusa said:

You wait till the big fat rats bite your babies then you don't think i am cruel anymore. Homemade guns are illegal in Thailand? How much the fine? The loading of the gun is a long process you can't do much harm to human, the police should know.

I don't have any babies or older children... but have lots of friends and family with babies and I don't know any which have been bitten by a rat.  I would not leave my children in your care if you let them get bitten by rats on a regular basis.

If you can't do much harm to a human with a home made gun... and you think the police should know... why don't you go to the police station and inform them about their ignorance?

As for rats attacking you chickens.... I can only assume you were not looking after your birds properly... they need a predator and vermin proof coop and run... and you should not have rats running about anyway, unless you have spilt feed and other garbage laying around you place.. which is also a sign of negligence. 

Lazy, dirty, messy people are the reason there are so many rats about.  Keep everything clean, tidy up, don't leave food and garbage everywhere, and you will have ZERO rats to worry about.  Surely that's easier, cheaper and less time consuming than going to the trouble of making home made guns and nailing live rats to wooden boards?

But, maybe it's less fun for you to get perverted pleasure our of shooting animals heads off and torturing them to a slow death? 

Edited by jak2002003