Off Thread Thread/Topic

scottiejohn

An Off Thread Thread

Why can we not have ‘An Off Thread Thread’. Or Topic (call it what you want)

By this I suggest we have a new Thread/Topic where posts, in Threads which are about to be, or are being ‘hijacked/sent off topic’, get redirected by ‘The Moderators’ to this new all purpose ‘Off Thread Thread(s)". Not sure if it will work in this type of domain, but if it did, it could allow main stream threads to continue without disruption and the rest of the cr@@ to be re-directed to carry on elsewhere, where the cr@@ comments/response could go on ad infinitum and ad nauseam without detriment to the original thread/response.

I am posting this on my local forum as I do not believe it would work on a global TV level but believe it could work with local moderators who know their ‘audience’.

This post is NOT a reflection on moderation in any way, just a suggestion, which I acknowledge would put more onus on the Mods but could, I believe, increase the overall quality of the Forum(s).

I have successfully carried out this idea in an internal business environment and wonder if it could work here?

Any thoughts?

problem is what happens when the off topic thread gets off topic posts,

then that off topic post, so on, so on.dont think it would work,just let the

Mods do their job,

regards worgeordie

CLOSED

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.