Abhisit says he is ready to remain as Democrat Party leader

Abhisit says he is ready to remain as Democrat Party leader

By The Nation

5607833037db80f5b584d361bff150fa.jpeg

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Tuesday that he is ready to put himself forward to members to run the party in future.

Abhisit was responding to remarks that some Democrat MPs would resign from the party if he was not its leader.

He said the party has a traditional meeting where any party members can put themselves forward to lead the party, and the issue is not such a big deal that it would shake the party’s confidence.

Abhisit said he was ready to propose himself to remain as leader and it was up to party members to make a decision. He added that has been working at full capacity for the Democrats and had so far had no any problem with anyone in the party.

He denied rumours of attempts by former MPs and members of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee to return and rule the party, but said he had no problem with them as they were still on good terms.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30315405

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-5-16

propose himself to remain as leader

Looks like there may be a few with brains in the party as he has to propose himself.

The magpie is a waste of space and using the word democrat is a joke.

Looks like all that schooling fell on deaf ears, must have slept through it.

I think that other British-born, public-school/Oxford-educated chap sitting to his right might have a different opinion?

Other than those two I doubt the Dems have anyone who could lead?

Edited by mtls2005

To be fair regardless of where U stand with Thai leadership , there isn't much talent in the parliament of Thailand that can hold a candle to Abhisit , Prayut and Pawtwit could sit on the PTP benches and you wouldn't no the difference , for both love to talk B/S   and could be regarded on many occasions as handling the truth rather carelessly, that reminds me , have they actually fixed the drought problems yet general..........:coffee1:.

He is probably going to hang around bit longer and hope the coalition of smaller parties will be coaxed by the power brokers to hand the premiership to him. He is able to head the party through the generosity of Suthep and the power brokers. There really are nothing within him or the party to win over the electorate. I expect a mauling of the Dem Party in next election on the back of his continued relationship with Suthep.

30 minutes ago, chainarong said:

To be fair regardless of where U stand with Thai leadership , there isn't much talent in the parliament of Thailand that can hold a candle to Abhisit , Prayut and Pawtwit could sit on the PTP benches and you wouldn't no the difference , for both love to talk B/S   and could be regarded on many occasions as handling the truth rather carelessly, that reminds me , have they actually fixed the drought problems yet general..........:coffee1:.

Whereas every other parliament in the world is brimming with talent!

Lets be fair the us elected trump <deleted>.

I thought after bush junior they could never sink so low again...my my hey hey.

Maybe we need good guys like duterte or hung sen.

Good Luck to Mark, I just hope that the next people who form the next government are not like the

last two people who were in power. Thailnd deserves to advance toward democracy, and not be left

in the state it is presently in.