aircon switches itself on after power cut????

taninthai

so if i get a power cut my aircon switches itself on at full blast,,,,,,,,,,,,,so if i go away for a few days and have a power cut the aircon would be running at full blast surely this isn't normal, have had a look at the manual and it mentions auto restart control ,see attached pic,,,,but surely this means if you go to sleep with the aircon on and get a power cut the aircon will resume when power comes back,,,,,,i can have my unit switched off and it switches itself on after power cut.also when you press any button on the remote control after it switched itself on it will switch itself off.

this is a brand new unit, however on the 2nd day it just stopped working completely wouldn't switch on, they came and looked at it and got it working and then 5 days later another guy come and changed a part ,I'm thinking the first guy came and played around with the wiring to get it going and then a different guy came back and changed the part 5 days later and somewhere along the line they have <deleted> it up.

its a panasonic which i obviously do not recommend,so any one test there unit and confirm if this is normal...thanks

IMAG1802.jpg

You are looking in the right place in the manual. Reading the auto restated explanation, you are right it should restart in the same mode after a power cut. If it is off it should remain off.

I would get the installer back to it. Once you have located the circuit breaker feeding the air con it is an easy fault to replicate. Turn the breaker off then back on and you have replicated a power cut. There are any number of things this could be. Saying that it is easily fixable by someone who knows what they are doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine (not Panasonic) has auto restart which works as one would expect: it comes back on with the previous settings. However I think it is quite common for some air-cons to start at full speed for a short while (seconds, perhaps a minute) before dropping back to the lower settings. Mine does that.

If you are going away you can just turn it off at the breaker which will solve that particular problem. I was away recently and turned off all the breakers except for my fridge.

If the unit is brand new then the manufacturer should send out their own technicians to troubleshoot the problem. Ask them.

Kittenkong, turning all none essential breakers when you go away is a great idea. If your water pump is left on and you have a water leak it could lead to disaster. I leave fridge, freezer, pool and security lights on and the rest I switch off when I go away.

yeah i have repeatedly tested it by having the aircon switched off and   switching the main breaker of  and on and it repeatedly switches itself on at full blast and stays on at full blast until you switch it of yourself..........time to call them out again this will be fourth visit in 3 weeks:(

26 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

If the unit is brand new then the manufacturer should send out their own technicians to troubleshoot the problem. Ask them.

No doubt about it. This is the advice you should be following up on. And keep at them until it's fixed.

yeah they do keep sending out there own technicians but its them that  seemed to have messed it up in the first place when the guy originally came and messed around with the wiring in the unit just to get it working while they were waiting for new part to arrive,,,then it was a different guy that came and installed the new part,I'm now complaining that i don't really want a unit that has had 4 repairs done to it in 4 weeks,,,,,really would prefer to have unit replaced...........they are coming out on the 20th anyway.

all i can say is don't buy panasonic air con.

yeah they do keep sending out there own technicians but its them that  seemed to have messed it up in the first place when the guy originally came and messed around with the wiring in the unit just to get it working while they were waiting for new part to arrive,,,then it was a different guy that came and installed the new part,I'm now complaining that i don't really want a unit that has had 4 repairs done to it in 4 weeks,,,,,really would prefer to have unit replaced...........they are coming out on the 20th anyway.
all i can say is don't buy panasonic air con.

Well good luck for the 20th.

On 5/17/2017 at 1:59 PM, taninthai said:

so if i go away for a few days and have a power cut the aircon would be running at full blast surely this isn't normal,

If you go away for a few days the AC will NOT be on so should not auto restart. 

You can test this yourself by switching the main breaker off and then on to simulate a power cut? 

On 17/05/2017 at 5:28 PM, taninthai said:

It's really Panasonic's own people who have bodged this up and not just whichever electrical retailer you bought the thing from? If so I'm surprised.

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

It's really Panasonic's own people who have bodged this up and not just whichever electrical retailer you bought the thing from? If so I'm surprised.

bought and installed by/from homepro...when it stopped working after 2nd day homepro install guy came out to make sure all the install was ok, he confirmed install was ok and then they referred problem direct to panasonic service and its panasonic service that have been dealing and taking the unit apart since then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hopefully when they come tomorrow they can't fix it and then i can pressure them for complete new unit rather than another new part.

well I don't know about pressuring them to give you a new unit ....  that just ain't gonna happen ....  look on the positive side .....  once they get it working and working as it normally should then you'll be fine ...

Normally Panasonic products are quite good as I always purchased them ..

don't stress ... they will fix it like new again ....  give them a chance tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well I don't know about pressuring them to give you a new unit ....  that just ain't gonna happen .... 

I had a new microwave (not Panasonic) which literally blew up after a couple of weeks use. The retailer didnt want to know at all and the local service centre initially talked about a repair and waiting weeks for parts from overseas but I just kept politely harassing them every day until they decided it was simpler to give me an entirely new unit.

right ....  well if they fix the unit so it's working fine and as new .... no real need for a new one ...  although some farang would get cross and demand a new one making the situation more difficult than it already is.  I find in Thailand, that if you think like a thai, persist politely ( as you did )   then you will have success.

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

right ....  well if they fix the unit so it's working fine and as new .... no real need for a new one ...  although some farang would get cross and demand a new one making the situation more difficult than it already is.  I find in Thailand, that if you think like a thai, persist politely ( as you did )   then you will have success.

i been here a long time i am normally chilled and easy going ,,but the unit is only 4 weeks old installed 21st april, already had 1 new part installed and taken apart 2 times and tommorow will be the 4 th time someone has come to play around with it, few other niggles with it like the fan seems to run more powerfull on one setting than it does on the other even though remote says setting the same ,,,,,see what tommorow brings ,,,,,i can see them saying its supposed to do that.........lol

just an update for any one interested ,it was a guy from homepro that turned up today the same guy that installed it ,,,showed him the fault by flicking the electric on and off and he didn't even bother opening the unit up ,,,just said straight off i will put you down as a new unit needed.

so a good outcome all round.