Best Internet Provider Deal

DD13

Hi Folks

I only use an I-phone and link it to my i-pad for perusing the Internet

Yesterday I went to  "True"  to make my monthly payment and was astounded when they charged me 1,900 baht for one month....?

The original agreement my gf signed me up for was "wait for it" ....1,600 pm (shocking).....the first six months (maybe a year) discounted by 400 a month

I got her to ring to find out why 1,900 this month,.....they said I had opened some adverts (which I didn't)....so 300 baht extra

In the past two months the Internet has been painfully slow .......my gf says.... "oh that's because of the weather".......(I forgot that I had come from third World England, where it is usually cloudy and overcast)......so I wouldn't know any better would I ??

We don't have the land line for the Internet anymore .......because of past problems with connections and speed

So my question is........who, and what is the best deal for me.......

Many thanks experts

Edited by DD13
Word Insertion

1 hour ago, DD13 said:

"oh that's because of the weather"

Thai logic.

No! It's TRUE :cheesy:

1 hour ago, DD13 said:

We don't have the land line for the Internet anymore .......because of past problems with connections and speed

Are you really stuck or depending to use expensive mobile internet?

Can you detail what your problems were and with which provider.

1 hour ago, DD13 said:

So my question is........who, and what is the best deal for me.......

From reports in the forum: about every other provider (AIS, dtac) seems better than TRUE.

TOT provide the land line......and they were the Internet supplier.....

As with many people the Internet was sporadic, so that was the reason I was persuaded to finish with them and go down the mobile route (by guess who)

What I could use is some unbiased recommendations by someone who has more knowledge and experience of these issues

We do have TOT for land line calls.....and some cable companies have recently run services along the lane outside my property

Any advice will be most welcome

Thanks for your interest

DD

Do you only use your iphone for the internet in the house or do you want mobile internet as well?

If the former find out which provider will supply to your residence - True, 3BB, Tot, Sophon all have packages which would be more than adequate starting around 650 baht inc vat per month.

You could then add on a basic mobile package for your mobile needs - depending on how much you really use it.

Normally you can find reasonable English speaking staff at all the above shops so no reason to leave it with the gf unless you are housebound.............

4 minutes ago, topt said:

Do you only use your iphone for the internet in the house or do you want mobile internet as well?

If the former find out which provider will supply to your residence - True, 3BB, Tot, Sophon all have packages which would be more than adequate starting around 650 baht inc vat per month.

You could then add on a basic mobile package for your mobile needs - depending on how much you really use it.

Normally you can find reasonable English speaking staff at all the above shops so no reason to leave it with the gf unless you are housebound.............

I use the i-phone to Bluetooth connect it to my I-pad....I use the i-phone if I am out and about

3BB are the latest to instal a cable on the poles along the road

Thanks for your advice I will talk to these providers and get their ideas

DD

I had True, but signed a one year agreement with AIS my plan is discounted for the entire year.  I get 400 minutes and 30GB of data for 500 baht a month.  

Inhad my phone number ported over which took 3 weeks and 3 visits as True made it very difficult.  

Fantastic deals if if you can commit to a annual contract 50% off.  

Dtac is far the best 3G internet and the cheapest also.

I have dtac, true and ais. It NEVER happened even 1 time anywhere in thailand that True or Ais were better than Dtac.

Most of the time True and Ais are plain ridiculous compared to Dtac.

True is by far the worst of the worst of any operator I use in more than 20 countries.

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/help/store-locations.html
https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/4g-non-stop.html
4.5 GB 399 baht / month
9 GB 699 baht / month
12 GB 799 baht / month

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/maomaoontopnet/en/?intcid=4g:th:4g_packages:one-2-call_package_section:maomao
5 GB 488 baht / month
14 GB 888 baht / month

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/3g_internet_package_en.html
3 GB 399 baht / month
6 GB 699 baht / month

14 hours ago, DD13 said:

TOT provide the land line......and they were the Internet supplier.....

As with many people the Internet was sporadic, so that was the reason I was persuaded to finish with them and go down the mobile route (by guess who)

What I could use is some unbiased recommendations by someone who has more knowledge and experience of these issues

We do have TOT for land line calls.....and some cable companies have recently run services along the lane outside my property

Any advice will be most welcome

Thanks for your interest

DD

http://www.9tana.com/node/true-4mbps-come-back/

450 baht plus VAT for unlimited Internet at a maximum of 4Mbps.

You can use that as a stopgap until you find something better.

Why do you feel you need a land-line for internet.... ADSL is rather old hat these days.

They need to run a coaxial or fiber cable into your property and you could use any ISP that has been run nearby, say up your street. I have a choice and live well out of town. Best to talk to a neighbour or two, see what they have and whether they are happy with them. 3BB have a good reputation in the City, rural seems to vary more.

I guess your big bill just came from high data usage on the phone network, you have to read your plan/tariff in detail. My home internet is about 850 baht/month, unlimited hi-speed, includes basic TV channels package and a SIM with 150 baht of calls per month. That is True.

14 hours ago, nickmanchester2 said:

i think im on the best deal, i paid upfront for a year and after the year has finished (3 months ago) they forgot to cut me off

Brilliant ?

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why do you feel you need a land-line for internet....

ADSL is rather old hat these days.

Because fibre is not available for everyone. Still many Pattaya areas or condos without fibre.

BTW providers try to not install ADSL anymore (except if only that can work at that place),

and if fibre is not possible they will install a VDSL access (30/10 or 50/20

for 3BB)

15 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Is it true that they do not install fiber above 3rd floor in Pattaya area ?

Depends on the provider and the building.  I have TMN fiber in my Jomtien condo on the 7F.  And, it's not fiber to the building with VDSL to the unit, it's a fiber optic cable all the way to my living room wall.

16 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Is it true that they do not install fiber above 3rd floor in Pattaya area ?

"Not above 2nd floor" was the answer the 3BB chief technician told us last October for our condo in South Pattaya. He also said 3BB planed to update their technical cabinets in the area in 2017... :mellow:

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

Depends on the provider and the building.  I have TMN fiber in my Jomtien condo on the 7F.  And, it's not fiber to the building with VDSL to the unit, it's a fiber optic cable all the way to my living room wall.

And what are the performances? I heard many people saying that TMN fibre was no better than ADSL :unsure:

PS: And I just read it on ThaiVisa too:

Edited by Pattaya46