I loaned money to a Thai girl and have actually received some of it back.

bkk6060

Any stories about loaning a TG money?  I know I am lucky so far about this one.  My Thai GF asked me for 100,000 b in January to buy a house.  I have been with her for several years and it was not a problem.  I figured I would never see it again and was not actually bothered by this.  Today, she gave me 1/2, 50,000 b, as partial pay back.  A miracle right or maybe I have met one of the few honest TG's?  Or, maybe more requests for more money now will be coming?  We will see..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing unusual. It just means she has money coming in to repay you. 
But I doubt the house itself only costs 100.000 Baht, if that was the case I would have put down several houses by now.

What is the story with the house? Was she outbid on a purchase? 

Not unusual at all on the whole i have found thai girls to be honest. Have lent through the mrs to several in village always paid back when they say. Re the 100k for a house yes i can imagine that nearest house (thai style wooden structure one big room with curtained of bedroom area. Outside loo and kithen sourounded by lean to extensions. Average village size plot of land. water/elec ect ect. Offered to us three weeks ago for 100k. Took it up. Within three days rented out for 5k a month

Year and a half will have paid for itself.

HAHA I love the responses. No, she actually has a job not some BG mistake.  If she paid 1/2 I believe the rest is coming.

Lot's of guys have  claimed to been screwed by these girls, I am just saying this one at least is trying to make good. If you read on TV every Thai girl is bad bad.  I do not think this one is and that is my point there may actually be some decent ladies out there.

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

nice….you should marry her now.

HAHA thanks so much.  No way.  I lent her money that is it.  I am a little stupid, but not totally stupid. 

But, if you are interested PM me and I will give you her number if we break up.  She is hot and works in a bank!

I have a story, possibly fitting into this thread.

Friend of mine arrived in Thailand 7 years ago. Far away from retirement age, he needed to generate some income.

He started to lend out money to a Thai Lady. His wife guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady (went to school together).
- Started with 100 K, then 300 K, then 500 K. Lady always paid back on time at 10% interest p/A. Farang friend was positively impressed.

After a pause, the loan request was 2 Mill. Farang lender agreed. That was 5 years ago

Ever since then, the Lady has dissappeared and can not be found.

Pattaya Police has offered to find the Lady, insisting that 50 % of the recovered sum will have to be retained to cover "search-expenses".

And that is the end of the story.
Cheers.

4 minutes ago, swissie said:

Friend of mine arrived in Thailand 7 years ago. Far away from retirement age, he needed to generate some income.

He started to lend out money to a Thai Lady. His wife guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady (went to school together).
- Started with 100 K, then 300 K, then 500 K. Lady always paid back on time at 10% interest p/A. Farang friend was positively impressed.

After a pause, the loan request was 2 Mill. Farang lender agreed. That was 5 years ago

Pattaya Police has offered to find the Lady, insisting that 50 % of the recovered sum will have to be retained to cover "search-expenses".

Cheers.

A friend of yours eh! 

22 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

A friend of yours eh! 

Yep. His Thai Wife has to work in my home country to bridge him over 'til he gets his pension. There are months, that she can not  come up with the amount required. So, on some rare occasions I cover the rest, when needed.

She feels obligated to do this, since she "guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady".

Yes, there are some "good Thai-Lady's" around. The ratio good/bad is.........nerver mind.

Cheers.

40 minutes ago, swissie said:

Yep. His Thai Wife has to work in my home country to bridge him over 'til he gets his pension. There are months, that she can not  come up with the amount required. So, on some rare occasions I cover the rest, when needed.

She feels obligated to do this, since she "guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady".

Yes, there are some "good Thai-Lady's" around. The ratio good/bad is.........nerver mind.

Cheers.

So a friend if yours whos eife lives in your home country. You sometimes bridge the gap. For favours recived or 10%p/a. Does your friend know about you paying his wife?.

Ps read that story on another expat site about 4 years ago only it was euros not bhat. The old ones are the best.

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

HAHA I love the responses. No, she actually has a job not some BG mistake.  If she paid 1/2 I believe the rest is coming.

Lot's of guys have  claimed to been screwed by these girls, I am just saying this one at least is trying to make good. If you read on TV every Thai girl is bad bad.  I do not think this one is and that is my point there may actually be some decent ladies out there.

My experiences with thai females and thai people in general is very much as it is in the west.

There are good and bad sorts everywhere and I take as I find.

Amazing why SOME men believe bar girls would be paragons of virtue.

Would anyone vouch for the bona fides of a hooker from the uk, usa etc etc?

Of course you wouldnt!

Many on here expect thai bar girls ( prostitutes ) should be subject to higher standards of probity...want their cake and eat it.

Worse are those that infer all thai women are cheats, low on morals etc.

Usually they are the same ones who were dismal failures with women in their home countries and have come here expecting compliant servantile little angels to pander to their every need.

When they realise that is not the case they revert to being the misogynists they always were.

11 hours ago, swissie said:

Cheers.

Essentially a variation on what was originally 'the long firm', as perfected by the criminal fraternity in the 1960's in the uk.

Falling for the scam is indicative of a lazy shallow moral free individual.

Making money from loan sharking your friend got his just desserts.

Thai criminals like criminals all over the world willl sift through the scams and try what they believe will work.

As for your insinuation re the police...clearly put in to get attention and support for your post.

I have sought the assistance of police in pattaya on several occasions and EVERY time they were unfailingly polite and did no more or less than police would in the west.

31 minutes ago, Fulwell53 said:

My experiences with thai females and thai people in general is very much as it is in the west.

There are good and bad sorts everywhere and I take as I find.

Amazing why SOME men believe bar girls would be paragons of virtue.

Would anyone vouch for the bona fides of a hooker from the uk, usa etc etc?

Of course you wouldnt!

Many on here expect thai bar girls ( prostitutes ) should be subject to higher standards of probity...want their cake and eat it.

Worse are those that infer all thai women are cheats, low on morals etc.

Usually they are the same ones who were dismal failures with women in their home countries and have come here expecting compliant servantile little angels to pander to their every need.

When they realise that is not the case they revert to being the misogynists they always were.

I would have agreed 100% with your post save for this one bit you included. "Many on here expect thai bar girls ( prostitutes )"

infering all bar girls are prostitues. I can assure you they are not all I know several who work the bars who are married to Thai husbands purley for the salary money, including there share of the beer bought for them (lady drink) and tips. A small amount of girls granted however thats just in a couple of bars i used to frequent (still do when back there on holiday).

15 to 16k pm there happy with which is easily achivable.

Cheers.

The Sting (1973) .... Robert Redford, Paul Newman. Great movie. Far out .... was it really 44 years ago !!

The above post is pretty much the exact plot in The Sting.

The Sting (1973).jpg

32 minutes ago, Fulwell53 said:

Essentially a variation on what was originally 'the long firm', as perfected by the criminal fraternity in the 1960's in the uk.

Falling for the scam is indicative of a lazy shallow moral free individual.

Making money from loan sharking your friend got his just desserts.

Thai criminals like criminals all over the world willl sift through the scams and try what they believe will work.

As for your insinuation re the police...clearly put in to get attention and support for your post.

I have sought the assistance of police in pattaya on several occasions and EVERY time they were unfailingly polite and did no more or less than police would in the west.

if it sounds to good to be true it generally is.

Cheers.

same thing happened to a wealthy Thai lady i know she went to school with the lady that scammed her knew her 30 years done the same thing started with a million baht ended up with 10 million then disappeared and told my lady friend to sue her. NO MORALS OR PRINCEABALES.

Was it a check?

Your probably spot on; more requests will come generated from her family.

If it was a check, I don't lend any more money until it clears. 

If you want the relationship to last, don't lend money.   Tell her you would rather keep her as a friend. 

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Like you, I have one of the decent ones. 

It is my understanding that there are many decent ones. Unfortunately, usually only the bad ones get publicity here. 

The poster's girlfriend, having gained his confidence with her pay back of half of the loan, will probably soon be back with a request for a much larger amount and then he might find that a substantial chunk of his future retirement fund has disappeared for ever.  :sleep:

I am wondering how the girl was able to pay back 50000 bahts in just 3 months on a bank salary, assuming the original loan of 100000 was used for the intended purpose.  If by means of a bank loan, why not a bank loan in the first instance?  If the loan of 100000 was not used to help with the purchase of a house, what happened to the 50000 actually retained?  Just a thought from someone who has foolishly lost substantial amounts in connection with "loans" made to various Thais for various purposes.

16 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

The poster's girlfriend, having gained his confidence with her pay back of half of the loan, will probably soon be back with a request for a much larger amount and then he might find that a substantial chunk of his future retirement fund has disappeared for ever.  :sleep:

I am wondering how the girl was able to pay back 50000 bahts in just 3 months on a bank salary, assuming the original loan of 100000 was used for the intended purpose.  If by means of a bank loan, why not a bank loan in the first instance?  If the loan of 100000 was not used to help with the purchase of a house, what happened to the 50000 actually retained?  Just a thought from someone who has foolishly lost substantial amounts in connection with "loans" made to various Thais for various purposes.

Another ive been silly enough to be fleeced response turn all facts around to suit yoir own obviously negative response

Gf is nurse and we have given one of her coworkers a loan of 10000 and got it all back in time as promised. As a thank you the coworkers husband also helped us move and built some stuff for us in our new house.

Archived