I loaned money to a Thai girl and have actually received some of it back.

bkk6060

6 hours ago, swissie said:

He lives in Thailand. It's not a question of paying off someones dept, it is about keeping him financially afloat until he gets his monthly pension. Sometimes, friends help each other out in times of need. So, basically a boring situation, not fit to construct a 3-some "soap-opera". Sorry.

Cheers. 

Ok wife in you hpme country him in thaland got the picture

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a story, possibly fitting into this thread.

Friend of mine arrived in Thailand 7 years ago. Far away from retirement age, he needed to generate some income.

He started to lend out money to a Thai Lady. His wife guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady (went to school together).
- Started with 100 K, then 300 K, then 500 K. Lady always paid back on time at 10% interest p/A. Farang friend was positively impressed.

After a pause, the loan request was 2 Mill. Farang lender agreed. That was 5 years ago
Ever since then, the Lady has dissappeared and can not be found.

Pattaya Police has offered to find the Lady, insisting that 50 % of the recovered sum will have to be retained to cover "search-expenses".

And that is the end of the story.
Cheers.

And that is exactly what happened to a friend of mine and his colleagues in Bangkok several years ago.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

There is good and bad in all of us no one has a monopoly. 

Talking of Monopoly, is there a Thai/Pattaya version, of Waddingtons best money maker? Or has it been banned by the junta, due to the fact that, there are no get out of jail free cards, they are redundant, because every body does. And, furthermore, no common person, would ever be allowed to own walking street, if they weren't Russian.

I have a story, possibly fitting into this thread.

Friend of mine arrived in Thailand 7 years ago. Far away from retirement age, he needed to generate some income.

He started to lend out money to a Thai Lady. His wife guaranteed for the integrity of the Lady (went to school together).
- Started with 100 K, then 300 K, then 500 K. Lady always paid back on time at 10% interest p/A. Farang friend was positively impressed.

After a pause, the loan request was 2 Mill. Farang lender agreed. That was 5 years ago
Ever since then, the Lady has dissappeared and can not be found.

Pattaya Police has offered to find the Lady, insisting that 50 % of the recovered sum will have to be retained to cover "search-expenses".

And that is the end of the story.
Cheers.

You are right, your story proces all Thai are bad.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

For the the Thais its like investing in stocks, some cash in early and others are playing the long game....the ultimate goal is the same, to get money.

Having worked in Thailand and spent a fair amount of time there with respected Thais of the local community and basically it whats you've got and how much, sad and not saying other countries are different but they are....

Yes you have respect there however its only because of what they might think you have or what might be coming in the future, (Reciprocity)

Getting married or having a relationship with a farang is a career choice for many thai people. Some people enjoy their job but most don't and just endure it. Either way they wish they had other choices but they don't.

Don't kid yourself, Thailand its the wild west. Enjoy the show and only put in what you are prepared to lose.

12 minutes ago, ed strong said:

For the the Thais its like investing in stocks, some cash in early and others are playing the long game....the ultimate goal is the same, to get money.

Having worked in Thailand and spent a fair amount of time there with respected Thais of the local community and basically it whats you've got and how much, sad and not saying other countries are different but they are....

Yes you have respect there however its only because of what they might think you have or what might be coming in the future, (Reciprocity)

Getting married or having a relationship with a farang is a career choice for many thai people. Some people enjoy their job but most don't and just endure it. Either way they wish they had other choices but they don't.

Don't kid yourself, Thailand its the wild west. Enjoy the show and only put in what you are prepared to lose.

Cough cough bullshit. Another of the only put in brigade got to love em

16 minutes ago, ed strong said:

<deleted> !

If  one  person  eats  sour  grapes  does  not  mean  all  grapes  are  sour!  

And  in  my  experience   respect  is  never  bought or paid  for.

Thailand  maybe  cowboy  country  in  some ways  but the tootem,  rootem, shootem bandits  are  so  very  often   not  Thai!            They  just  like the  hats  !  lol

On 20.5.2017 at 4:18 AM, Fulwell53 said:

Essentially a variation on what was originally 'the long firm', as perfected by the criminal fraternity in the 1960's in the uk.

Falling for the scam is indicative of a lazy shallow moral free individual.

Making money from loan sharking your friend got his just desserts.

Thai criminals like criminals all over the world willl sift through the scams and try what they believe will work.

As for your insinuation re the police...clearly put in to get attention and support for your post.

I have sought the assistance of police in pattaya on several occasions and EVERY time they were unfailingly polite and did no more or less than police would in the west.

Quote: "I have sought the assistance of police in pattaya on several occasions and EVERY time they were unfailingly polite and did no more or less than police would in the west."

I am happy to hear, that your experiances with the Pattaya Police force have turned into a positive life experiance.

Most Farangs, having had the pleasure to interact with Thai Police, would claim the opposite.

The comment "I have sought the assistance of police in pattaya on several occasions and EVERY time they were unfailingly polite and did no more or less than police would in the west", could encourage some Farangs to go on a "Condo-Buying Spree", including the strong desire to aquire Thai Citizenship. Always assuming, they live in a country, where "Legal-Certainty" is assured.

But of more interest is: Having had eye to eye contact (on several occasions:post-4641-1156693976:) with the BiB. How come? Are you a bad boy, losing his temper from time to time, or are you a Businessman, handing over brown envelopes on a regular basis?

This of course could entice the local guardians of the law, to be "unfailingly polite".
Spill your guts!
Cheers. 

On 2017-5-21 at 7:56 PM, ed strong said:

A cynic, no more no less and obviously not living here either. Depends how much you boasted about yourself and your assets! See you have been a long time member, since just last month. Think pinch of salt is called for.

1 hour ago, Anon999 said:

A cynic, no more no less and obviously not living here either. Depends how much you boasted about yourself and your assets! See you have been a long time member, since just last month. Think pinch of salt is called for.

Yes certainly, if you pronounce yourself as someone with a bit of cash, splash the cash so to speak then for sure you are basically setting yourself up.

To be fair the majority of farangs i've met in Thailand have at some point lost something, regardless of their perceived status.

Don't get me wrong i enjoy visiting Thailand but as a farang you are part of a game.

2 hours ago, ed strong said:

Yes certainly, if you pronounce yourself as someone with a bit of cash, splash the cash so to speak then for sure you are basically setting yourself up.

To be fair the majority of farangs i've met in Thailand have at some point lost something, regardless of their perceived status.

Don't get me wrong i enjoy visiting Thailand but as a farang you are part of a game.

And  could  you  confirm that these same   farang have never  lost something,regardless  of perceived  status, in any other  location?

The way the  world  is now  everyone is a part of a  game in reality. Thailand  may simply but not  exclusively be a  little  less  generous  to the   naive.

On 2017-5-21 at 1:47 AM, sawadeeken said:

This Post is 100% honest........ If there are any farangs (40 - 60 year old) with just enough monthly income to buy groceries and would like to slip into a ready made family (with home) I would be so happy to see something good in her future.

Her father ran off when he learned the mom was pregnant, the abortion attempt, born with a minor deformed right foot, the mother died in her mid-teens so she cuddles her 7 year old daughter like she wished her mom could do with her............ Now she has inherited a 3 year old boy from a younger brother whose wife ran off.......... That boy gets the same affection..............

Her place is out in the country, so a guy would need to have a bit of 'country boy' in him......................

PM me if you care to know more................... sawadeeken

What kind of cash we talking about ken?

8 hours ago, Anon999 said:

I have lent varying amounts, up to 100k, to, my now, Thai wife and have always got the money back with interest.

This is total BS or your just a gutter rat. Charging the wife interest? 

On 2017-5-21 at 7:56 PM, ed strong said:

How do you know all of this? Are you a researcher for durex or something? You seem to have met a lot of folks. Where may I ask have you been based to draw such conclusions?

My girlfriend (and I) loans out some small amounts of money from time to time (nothing over 20k), and always gets it paid back. The one time I didn't get paid back was loaning 20k to an older American chap who had been my neighbor for 5 years. He needed it urgently to travel to Bangkok for an emergency operation. He promised if he didn't make it through his lawyer would contact me to pay me back. Never heard anything since. Don't know if he is dead or alive. Anyone know a Harley Kaiser? :-)

5 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

And  could  you  confirm that these same   farang have never  lost something,regardless  of perceived  status, in any other  location?

The way the  world  is now  everyone is a part of a  game in reality. Thailand  may simply but not  exclusively be a  little  less  generous  to the   naive.

maybe but not in the same manner as how it happens in Thailand. Ive lived in Australia / Spain and the attitudes are very different.

I don't really blame them as they are only looking after themselves and their family.

I'm not saying I know everything just that this is what i have experienced during my time in Thailand.

Unfortunately i spent alot of time in hospital in Thailand with several patients and it simply quite shocking some of the practices that go on there.

We all pay for something in one way or another its just the way it done that disappoints me.

Ive never had TG asks to borrow money. Most of them just ask for it and honestly I'd assume both actions to yield the same results. Though they were always relatively small amounts (5-10k baht). The largest amount Ive ever been approached was 20k baht which I refused. But loans are tough to get back regardless of nationality. I've encountered disappearing acts on a few ocassions that aren't Thai so I would'nt say its a trait prevalent only with them. 

13 hours ago, ed strong said:

All i have lost in Thailand is my ability to think that as a white person from the UK i am somehow special. So glad i lost that.

7 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

All i have lost in Thailand is my ability to think that as a white person from the UK i am somehow special. So glad i lost that.

You used to think you were special because you came from the UK? but now?

On 5/23/2017 at 9:52 AM, Rc2702 said:

On 5/20/2017 at 11:47 AM, sawadeeken said:

This Post is 100% honest........ If there are any farangs (40 - 60 year old) with just enough monthly income to buy groceries and would like to slip into a ready made family (with home) I would be so happy to see something good in her future.

Her father ran off when he learned the mom was pregnant, the abortion attempt, born with a minor deformed right foot, the mother died in her mid-teens so she cuddles her 7 year old daughter like she wished her mom could do with her............ Now she has inherited a 3 year old boy from a younger brother whose wife ran off.......... That boy gets the same affection..............

Her place is out in the country, so a guy would need to have a bit of 'country boy' in him......................

PM me if you care to know more................... sawadeeken

What kind of cash we talking about ken?

Rc....... Sorry for delay......... BUSY..... No Time for TV for a few days...............

I will PM to you........................  Groceries mainly..............

On 2017-5-26 at 10:22 AM, sawadeeken said:

Rc....... Sorry for delay......... BUSY..... No Time for TV for a few days...............

I will PM to you........................  Groceries mainly..............

Sorry ken was just a jest. Good luck with your search if I come across someone I'll give you a nod but I would not hold your breath.

Archived