Taking Stand On Final Day, Jenphop Says He Tried To Avoid Crash

snoop1130

He tried and failed to slow? It isn't easy when you are doing 200 kph or more is it?  Was he trying to take off?
Stunning refusal to admit, even in the face of serious evidence that his reckless driving ended two peoples lives and yet, he thinks saying "well, I did hit the brakes." makes it all excusable? No! Not buying that. Go to jail. Stay there a long time. Understand what you did.
Has money, so not going to happen, is it?
I will give him credit for turning up though, rather than doing a runner like the Red Bull tosser.

"I will give him credit for turning up though,..."

I wouldn't, if the wealthy show up for trials it usually means the fix is already in ;)

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Still amazed he made it through the toll-booth. Maybe he was taking his "medicine" when he "lost control" of his vehicle? (I know the date is incorrect but am pretty sure this is a video of the crash?) 

14582847681458284825l.jpg

Very nice looking merc. But another post said speed restricted to 250 kph. So a big no from me. This is a car for weak pussies, testicleless morons with too little brains and too much money

19 hours ago, JAG said:

I don't think that Thailand has a crime of manslaughter.

In the UK I believe manslaughter and causing death by dangerous driving ( which is what he would have been charged with in the UK) both can lead to the life sentence.. The judge sentencing may well stipulate how long should be served before  the convicted person can be considered for release on licence. I should imagine in the UK he would be looking at life - with at least 12 years before licence.

Here....

Thailand has a law against death by negligence, it's a serious criminal offence which carries a maximum fine of 20,000 baht (this is in addition to compensation payable to the family of the deceased) or even jail time.

20 hours ago, JAG said:

I don't think that Thailand has a crime of manslaughter.

In the UK I believe manslaughter and causing death by dangerous driving ( which is what he would have been charged with in the UK) both can lead to the life sentence.. The judge sentencing may well stipulate how long should be served before  the convicted person can be considered for release on licence. I should imagine in the UK he would be looking at life - with at least 12 years before licence.

Here....

The maximum sentence in the UK for manslaughter is life in prison and for causing death by dangerous driving it is 14 years in prison. The normal sentence for that (and for manslaughter) is considerably less. Probably higher than is normal in Thailand, however.

Edited by DEQ
clarification

The maximum sentence in the UK for manslaughter is life in prison and for causing death by dangerous driving it is 14 years in prison. The normal sentence for that (and for manslaughter) is considerably less. Probably higher than is normal in Thailand, however.

I stand corrected - I thought death by dangerous driving carried life.
Still - in the UK he would be looking at a significant sentence wouldn't he?

Unfortunately it will be a lot of rubbish and no real sentencing. 

In his defense I can tell you first hand how quickly can get things out of hand with the 'right' anti-depressant or anything like that involved. 

I have been on prescription drugs for plenty of years and have driven many 'luxury sports cars' on thai roads and no doctor is there to tell you, not to drive or operate any machinery. It should be common sense I know, but once you are used to your medication it will be your normal state of mind and your awareness will decrease. Obviously that doesn't excuse his run through the toll booth. If he wasn't high as a kite he would have noticed and pulled over. Just in general anti anxiety or anti depression drugs are mind altering substances and can cause an accident like this. Just the toll booth part doesn't add up, else I'd almost believe it was an 'accident'. 

On 5/20/2017 at 2:22 PM, spiderorchid said:

Very nice looking merc. But another post said speed restricted to 250 kph. So a big no from me. This is a car for weak pussies, testicleless morons with too little brains and too much money

And why is that?  

Makes every Merc driver with something above C-Class a weak pussy with little brains and no balls?

On 5/20/2017 at 7:22 AM, spiderorchid said:

You can get the S AMG edition which goes to 300.

On 2017-5-22 at 8:37 AM, JerryinTH said:

And why is that?  

Makes every Merc driver with something above C-Class a weak pussy with little brains and no balls?

Sorry Jerry. It was supposed to be an ironic remark on the personality and brains of the perp. 

As for any merc, I wish I could afford one of these fine vehicles.

But some over rich, hit and run idiots do not deserve to be driving any vehicle.

Either way I called him a weak, testicleless pussy. 

I hope that clears up my post

On 5/19/2017 at 7:28 PM, worgeordie said:

Think he's looking at a stiff sentence,maybe 100 hours community service.IF found guilty.

regards worgeordie

and he will think and likely complain that it is too stiff; wiped out a couple innocent young lives ; beware of who we share the streets with attitudes like this

14 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

and he will think and likely complain that it is too stiff; wiped out a couple innocent young lives ; beware of who we share the streets with attitudes like this

...100 hours of community service, yes too harsh... how about a deduction in his allowance...that should do it...