Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

HAHAHAHAHA! Good catch! Obviously I meant Mueller. Now explain to me the lack of continuity in the two statements. Once you've addressed that, we can move on to other issues.

First, move on to the other erroneous claim in so many ways, that you made from the same post:

"the current AG says there's not a "whiff of interference of Russian interference"

And you may begin to see the pattern of your uninformed claims.

Edited by iReason

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, iReason said:

First, move on to the other erroneous claim in so many ways, that you made from the same post:

"the current AG says there's not a "whiff of interference of Russian interference"

No, that won't do. You made a post. I responded to your post which complained something like "what a difference six hours makes". We're not going to do a subject change because things aren't going as you planned. As soon as you make the case, with facts and logic, that there is some sort of disconnect between my two statements regarding obstruction of justice, we can continue from there.

Or if you prefer, you can simply concede there is in fact continuity between the statements.

Your call.

14 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

No, that won't do. You made a post. I responded to your post which complained something like "what a difference six hours makes". We're not going to do a subject change because things aren't going as you planned.

As soon as you make the case, with facts and logic, that there is some sort of disconnect between my two statements regarding obstruction of justice, we can continue from there.

Or if you prefer, you can simply concede there is in fact continuity between the statements.

Nope.

The case is; you stated this as fact: (twice actually)

"There will be no obstruction of justice charge" Period.

No word salad gibberish is going to change that.

Now, are you ready to address your other factually wrong assertion you made?

Edited by iReason

3 minutes ago, iReason said:

Nope.

The case is; you stated this as fact: (twice actually)

"There will be no obstruction of justice charge" Period.

No word salad gibberish is going to change that.

Now, are you ready to address your other factually wrong assertion you made?

Yes I did. What of it? How does that make the case against the continuity of the two statements you complained about earlier?

5 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

First off, your unsourced quote doesn't even make sense. It appears to say the chant happened at neither the BLM or the other March. It's pure nonsense. Even MSNBC is calling BS on your assertion it wasn't BLM:

http://www.msnbc.com/the-reid-report/the-truth-about-the-dead-cops-chant 

It was Black Lives Matter thugs. It's common for them to call for violence against cops and white people. Surely you are aware of this, yes?

I didn't show the source again because I just requoted it from my previous posting.

Here it is again in full with the link:

"The clip in question involving chants about “dead cops” was shot in New York City in December 2014, but contemporaneous reporting widely and incorrectly identified its source as Black Lives Matter and Millions March demonstrations taking place in different parts of the city at different times. After shootings claimed the lives of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge in July 2016, the clip resurfaced and was often mislabeled as occurring in one of those locations."

http://www.snopes.com/black-lives-matter-protesters-chant-for-dead-cops-now-in-baton-rouge/

18 minutes ago, elliss said:

DT  is the only American since Big John Wayne ,  who has a pair of  Balls .

““He is able to give up reality in exchange for his wished-for belief. Sometimes we call that a delusion. In the past many have refrained from using the word “delusional” to describe Trump because it can be confused with people who think they’re the Queen of England or the second coming of Christ.Trump will resign and say, ‘I am still the best and the only savior, and these evil people and their evil media have forced me out,'” Dodes told Salon. "

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/heres-how-trumps-malignant-narcissism-will-end-his-presidency-according-to-psychiatrists-and-its-going-to-be-wild/

32 minutes ago, elliss said:

DT  is the only American since Big John Wayne ,  who has a pair of  Balls .

Apt pairing. Big John Wayne, just like Trump, chose not to fight when America was at war. Except on movie sound sets where he proudly wore the uniforms of several services.

It's easy to wrap yourself in the flag when there's do danger of anyone putting a bullet hole in it.

I note that some members can't seem to discuss the topic and instead simply deflect on to other matters.   This topic is NOT about Charlottesville or Black Lives Matter or Antifa.  

Continue at your own peril.   That warning extends to the other topics where deflection is the major method of posting.  

1 minute ago, ilostmypassword said:

I didn't show the source again because I just requoted it from my previous posting.

Here it is again in full with the link:

"The clip in question involving chants about “dead cops” was shot in New York City in December 2014, but contemporaneous reporting widely and incorrectly identified its source as Black Lives Matter and Millions March demonstrations taking place in different parts of the city at different times. After shootings claimed the lives of police officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge in July 2016, the clip resurfaced and was often mislabeled as occurring in one of those locations."

http://www.snopes.com/black-lives-matter-protesters-chant-for-dead-cops-now-in-baton-rouge/

So what? What does the video being mislabeled, the wrong location not even in discussion, have to do with Black Lives' Matter well-documented hate for police? Let's try this another way. Since someone somewhere mislabeled the video in question as happening in Baton Rouge instead of New York, it changes the debate here because ________________________________.

On 9/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, Jingthing said:

He hurts everyone. 

Yes, of course but turning it into a general statement misses the enormous significance of what happened here.

While many could see him stab even his own party in the back like that, the Republicans couldn't and would not have believed it if warned. Also, funny how someone who demands 100% loyalty from others pulls a stunt like this.

Here's an article on the Trump-Roy Cohn connection that I found rather enlightening:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/donald-trump-roy-cohn-relationship

31 minutes ago, mrdome said:

Yes, of course but turning it into a general statement misses the enormous significance of what happened here.

While many could see him stab even his own party in the back like that, the Republicans couldn't and would not have believed it if warned. Also, funny how someone who demands 100% loyalty from others pulls a stunt like this.

Here's an article on the Trump-Roy Cohn connection that I found rather enlightening:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/06/donald-trump-roy-cohn-relationship

Very interesting link shared here above by mrdome ...This reading can get you sick in the morning..

"Stone appeared on East 68th Street to find Cohn, just awakened, in his robe, sitting with one of his clients, Mob boss “Fat Tony” Salerno, of the Genovese crime family. “In front of [Roy] was a slab of cream cheese and three burnt slices of bacon,” Stone remembered. “He ate the cream cheese with his pointing finger. He listened to my pitch and said, ‘You need to see Donald Trump. I will get you in, but then you are on your own.’ "

Edited by Opl

On 9/12/2017 at 2:19 AM, MajarTheLion said:

1) He's right. There were savages "on all sides". True.

2) He specifically denounced white supremacists, the KKK, Nazis and others. Correct.

3) He stated there were good people from both sides of the argument at Charlottesville. Obviously true and correct.

So do you agree with your article, that Trump's reaction to Charlottesville is grounds for impeachment? Smells like desperation to me. Feel free to use facts and logic to tell me how I'm wrong.

[Mods, I hope I'm not being OT here but since this post remained I don't think I am and this really needs a response.]

The problem and fallacy here is Trump (and now people like you) are attempting to place people carrying Nazi flags and shouting "Jews will not replace us" or similar BS (+ white supremacists, the KKK, the hardcore alt-right or whatever we call them now, etc) and counter demonstrators on the same moral level.

No, never ever. Listen to your WW II veterans, the Jewish community and the rest of the still sane world: You become a Nazi, you have lost that right to be called a 'good person'. The fact that you may not be a monster in your everyday life - something that is kind of expected by anyone else in society last time I checked - does not give you a bonus making up for you being a Nazi. This isn't even up for debate.

It took force to defeat the Nazis in '45, did that make any of the allied soldiers "not so good people"? Coming from a different angle, who in the 1940's called the Nazi's "good people"? It would have been outrageous! Sure, you can say, the ones we see today are "just playing Nazi" and not the real deal but nobody wants to put that to the test and it's obvious if given a chance they'd put people into camps if they only had the chance. So, 'no' on your #1 and #3.

Regarding your 2nd claim. He only did so under pressure in a second statement the day after and then undid it all again the next day by basically repeating what he had said the first time, which had led to that uproar. You may have forgotten already but we won't. Later statements regarding the same topic count in the real world.

When he called people with Nazi flags shouting hate comments "good people" Trump crossed a line that can never be undone and I hope when he will either remove himself from office or be removed, this will be cited or remembered along with all the other reasons.

Vyacheslav Nikonov, former staff member for Mikhail Gorbachev,

Boris Yeltsin and Vladimir Putin and current member of Russia's parliament:

'U.S. spies slept' while Russia elected Trump, Russian politician says

"To achieve world dominance the U.S. overextended themselves," Nikonov said"

"Because the most recent tendencies, economical, military,

even tendencies in the intelligence services which slept through while Russia elected a new U.S. president."

"It's just ridiculous, what kind of intelligence in the USA one can even talk about?" he said."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/09/12/russian-politician-american-intelligence-slept-russia-elected-president/660297001/

Russia boasts of rigging Trump’s election: braggadocio or blackmail?

"Russian politicians, talking heads and the hosts of prominent state-media talk shows are claiming the bragging rights to rigging the U.S. elections, in order to secure Trump’s victory."

"Experts on Russia know that Nikonov specializes in GOP and American politics."

"Simply put, Nikonov is an established, reliable state actor,

whose messaging is always in strict compliance with that of the Kremlin."

http://www.juliadavisnews.com/articles-about-russian-propaganda/russia-boasts-of-rigging-trumps-election-braggadocio-or-blackmail/

http://www.juliadavisnews.com

Edited by iReason

And the pressure just keeps on coming to Trump & Friends.

IMG_0424.PNG

Republicans with close links to the White House increasingly believe that special counsel Robert Mueller is “going for the kill” in his investigation into links between President Donald Trump and Russia, according to a report from Axios Tuesday.

Members of the GOP are said to have come to that stark conclusion based on Mueller’s hiring of lawyers experienced in dealing with money laundering crimes and the Mafia, as well as the intensity of his pursuit of both witnesses and evidence.

The new report comes just days after Trump’s former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, told CBS’s 60 Minutes that Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey, which he called the worst mistake in “modern political history,” led directly to the appointment of Mueller to oversee the investigation.

http://www.newsweek.com/mueller-trump-russia-investigation-president-663534

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

THE FAKE NEWS MACHINE: INSIDE A TOWN GEARING UP FOR 2020

"This sleepy riverside town in Macedonia is home to dozens of website operators who churn out bogus stories

designed to attract the attention of Americans; Each click adds cash to their bank accounts."

"The scale is industrial: Over 100 websites were tracked here during the final weeks of the 2016 U.S. election campaign,

producing fake news that mostly favored Republican candidate for President Donald Trump."

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/media/the-macedonia-story/

(Excellent current indepth reporting and video on the city’s fake news machine as it gears up for 2020 in link)

Another report from Nov 26, 2016:

How ironic can it be that the followers of the occupier of the White House,

are paying for FAKE NEWS?

Edited by iReason

1 hour ago, RobFord said:

And the pressure just keeps on coming to Trump & Friends.

IMG_0424.PNG

Republicans with close links to the White House increasingly believe that special counsel Robert Mueller is “going for the kill” in his investigation into links between President Donald Trump and Russia, according to a report from Axios Tuesday.

Members of the GOP are said to have come to that stark conclusion based on Mueller’s hiring of lawyers experienced in dealing with money laundering crimes and the Mafia, as well as the intensity of his pursuit of both witnesses and evidence.

The new report comes just days after Trump’s former chief strategist, Steve Bannon, told CBS’s 60 Minutes that Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey, which he called the worst mistake in “modern political history,” led directly to the appointment of Mueller to oversee the investigation.

http://www.newsweek.com/mueller-trump-russia-investigation-president-663534

It makes sense. Trump had massively failed in his main businesses. The banks wouldn't lend him money. And yet, somehow he began to get money from somewhere. Possibly from sources that only a person in desperate circumstances would consider accessing. 

2 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Hey!!!

Trump is still President !

235 days, 17 hours, 56 minutes and 45 seconds

And many more days to go. 

The poll topic is "Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?" and the answer is in the poll itself.  A significant majority of TV voters feel he will not be impeached or forced to resign, 54% to 46%.  Yet in reading the posts in this topic, you would think that Trump's impeachment was imminent.  In this topic we have a very vocal minority.

There were those who thought Trump would never be elected, and if elected would never be inaugurated, and would perhaps, if inaugurated, resign on day one because he supposedly ran as a joke and didn't really want to be president.  This type of delusional thinking continues.

Trump will be president for eight years, or until his death, whichever comes first.  Just as the other things the Trump haters wanted did not materialize, impeachment or forced resignation won't happen either.  Wishing won't make it so.

Edited by mesquite

The poll topic is "Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?" and the answer is in the poll itself.  A significant majority of TV voters feel he will not be impeached or forced to resign, 54% to 46%.  Yet in reading the posts in this topic, you would think that Trump's impeachment was imminent.  In this topic we have a very vocal minority.

There were those who thought Trump would never be elected, and if elected would never be inaugurated, and would perhaps, if inaugurated, resign on day one because he supposedly ran as a joke and didn't really want to be president.  This type of delusional thinking continues.

Trump will be president for eight years, or until his death, whichever comes first.  Just as the other things the Trump haters wanted did not materialize, impeachment or forced resignation won't happen either.  Wishing won't make it so.

trump haters? What's not to hate?

Just because he has pulled off the massively unlikely getting elected does not follow that he is likely to be reelected. Possible, yes of course.

5555. And who says so? You?

8 minutes ago, RobFord said:

5555. And who says so? You?

That's about it.

And perhaps one or two others on these boards...

This may help to explain their condition:

Why People "Fly from Facts"

"Our new research, recently published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology,

examined a slippery way by which people get away from facts that contradict their beliefs."

"So after examining the power of untestable beliefs, what have we learned about dealing with human psychology?"

"We’ve learned that bias is a disease and to fight it we need a healthy treatment of facts and education."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-people-fly-from-facts/

Dems to Mueller: Flynn failed to disclose trip to broker Saudi-Russian business deal

"House Democrats sent special counsel Robert Mueller what they say is evidence that former national security adviser Michael Flynn failed to disclose a trip he took to the Middle East to explore a business deal with the Saudi government and a Russian government agency."

"The Democrats allege the retired Army lieutenant general broke the law by omitting the trip, according to the letter they sent to Flynn's former business partners requesting more information about his overseas travels and contacts."

"When Flynn returned to the US several months later and reapplied for his security clearance, he never disclosed the trip or the contacts he had with foreign nationals as part of the trip, the Democrats say."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/democrats-mueller-flynn-middle-east-trip-disclosure/index.html