Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

There won't be an impeachment. The only issue I see, what will happen to the delusional Trump haters? They still can't get over the election. How they behave when Trump will elected again for 2020? Will they implode of their hate? We shall see.

However, the good news is, Antifa and other fascists  are loosing grip day by day.

Good lord.  Talking of grips, some posters here need to get one.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Meljames said:

The anti-fascists and the fascist are losing their  grip. I guess that's good news then. What was it they had their grips on? 

" Department of Homeland Security has reportedly been warning about growing threat of violence between left-wing anarchists and right-wing nationalists since early 2016 "

Be careful who you support.

31 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

" Department of Homeland Security has reportedly been warning about growing threat of violence between left-wing anarchists and right-wing nationalists since early 2016 "

Maybe next the gun boys will lose their grip next.

Edited by Meljames

Over the year expectations of Trump among his supporters seem to have gone from “make America great again” to “hasn’t been impeached” (yet).

How many other presidents can count, as their main achievement, at the end of their first year: NOT getting impeached?

4 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Seems to me that's a good thing. Maybe they'll take each other out. Both are an infinitesimal portion of the population regardless.

Numerous posts and replies removed.   You have been given a great deal of leeway in this thread, but I am getting a little tired of the constant deflection,

.....but, but, but Hillary

.....but, but, but Obama    and now

.....but, but, but Prayuth.

Enough.   Continue and suspensions will be given.   Please don't feed the trolls.  

12 hours ago, alocacoc said:

There won't be an impeachment. The only issue I see, what will happen to the delusional Trump haters? They still can't get over the election. How they behave when Trump will elected again for 2020? Will they implode of their hate? We shall see.

However, the good news is, Antifa and other fascists  are loosing grip day by day.

Good post.

16 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Delusional?  Was the round of mandatory *ss-k*ss*ng at Trump's first cabinet meeting a delusion?  It looks pretty real to me.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/12/blessing-privilege-donald-trumps-first-cabinet-meeting-becomes/ 

I'm not the only one who found it appalling:

" Mr Trump is a boastful, thin-skinned praise-addict. Lacking a governing record after squandering the start of his presidency, he used his first full cabinet meeting to stage a televised display of loyalty. He knew full well that the powerful men and women in the room were flattering him—and relished their humiliation. He is more bully than tragic hero. "   https://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21723412-not-shakespearean-drama-penalty-characters-who-stand-up-king-too 

I know that Trump supporters are very keen on willful ignorance, but every informed person will tell you that the Economist is real news, and article reflects widespread reaction to the disgusting display. Of course this is just one of many reasons to hate the person, but it is his incompetence on the job that motivates me to want him removed.

Regarding his re-election, if he lasts that long, how will he accomplish that with only a third of voters supporting him?

Here we go again as Trump is trying to use the Justice Department to investigate his political rivals and distract from the investigation into his presidential campaign.  I have no problem with investigations but the longstanding allegations have been unproven.  If this doesn't border on a form of obstruction of justice, what does?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/us/politics/justice-department-uranium-one-special-counsel.html

46 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

Or the firing of Sessions?

The problem is we don't really want the firing of Sessions............yet!

We need Sessions to stay in place even though he is a shmuck.  if they replace Sessions the person that comes in will be told that their first job is to fire Mueller. Now it may not hold ground but all holy hell will be let lose and yet again we will have Trump running his reality show trying to do nothing other than improve ratings (he probably has all the episodes mapped out where Donald Jr does the perp walk before being pardoned by Daddy!). 

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

We need Sessions to stay in place even though he is a shmuck.  if they replace Sessions the person that comes in will be told that their first job is to fire Mueller. Now it may not hold ground but all holy hell will be let lose and yet again we will have Trump running his reality show trying to do nothing other than improve ratings (he probably has all the episodes mapped out where Donald Jr does the perp walk before being pardoned by Daddy!). 

Trump is not getting what he wants from Sessions, which is to fire Mueller and shut down the investigation or at least focus on HRC, Obama, or anything else that could potentially come up to draw attention away from his own campaign investigation.

They are grasping at straws now.  Yesterday it was the DNC paying for Russian information on Trump and Obama wire tapping Trump's office and today it's Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation. Tomorrow, it will be something else.  It's been a continuation of a GOP campaign of creating as much noise and confusion as possible, so that the public will tune it out and call a truce with "they're all corrupt".

Edited by EvenSteven

Given what trump has been (draft dodger, sexual predator and notorious con man in business), and what he is (a clown president, totally unqualified, totally inappropriate, suspiciously unable to confront enemy Putin, making excuses for Nazis (both sides)), it's shows national dysfunction that the impeachment proceedings haven't happened already. 

What happens when you replace the president with a clown?
We are running a terribly unwise experiment: What happens when you replace U.S. presidential leadership with the slapstick antics of a clown?
This is what happens when a very big nation is led by a very small man.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-clown-goes-abroad/2017/11/13/854b7186-c8b7-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Given what trump has been (draft dodger, sexual predator and notorious con man in business), and what he is (a clown president, totally unqualified, totally inappropriate, suspiciously unable to confront enemy Putin, making excuses for Nazis (both sides)), it's shows national dysfunction that the impeachment proceedings haven't happened already. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-clown-goes-abroad/2017/11/13/854b7186-c8b7-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html

What happens when you replace the president with a clown?

You get a cirkus!

3 hours ago, EvenSteven said:

Trump is not getting what he wants from Sessions, which is to fire Mueller and shut down the investigation or at least focus on HRC, Obama, or anything else that could potentially come up to draw attention away from his own campaign investigation.

They are grasping at straws now.  Yesterday it was the DNC paying for Russian information on Trump and Obama wire tapping Trump's office and today it's Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation. Tomorrow, it will be something else.  It's been a continuation of a GOP campaign of creating as much noise and confusion as possible, so that the public will tune it out and call a truce with "they're all corrupt".

WATCH: Dem lawmaker nails Jeff Sessions with his own comments on selective forgetting

5 hours ago, EvenSteven said:

Or the firing of Sessions?

Rumor is he's going back to Alabama to run for senator and take over from the Moore fiasco.  That leaves Trump open to bring in a new AG that will be more available to deal with Trump's mess...errr....do what Trump tells him.

3 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

If you haven't already noticed, Trump is treating this presidency like a reality tv show.  Totally unfit for the job.

And now we find out he tweeted info from Wikileaks.  Info that was given to his son 15 minutes earlier.  Hmmm...no collusion? :cheesy:

On 11/12/2017 at 10:06 AM, heybruce said:

TDS--Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Cute, did you come up with that yourself?  Regardless, please give me your diagnosis.

I am a retired USAF officer who drove past protesters holding signs saying "Would you help Hitler build gas chambers?" on my way to work on an ICBM test program.  I did my job to the best of my ability and take pride in my work.  My mother went through adolescence with her father in the Pacific during WWII, not knowing if she'd ever see him again.  My father told me of seeing military conveys heading south during the Cuban Missile Crisis when he had two toddler children (I was one of them) and a pregnant wife.  He was an insulin dependent diabetic who wouldn't have survived to take care of the family he started if things got bad.  My kid brother will spend the rest of his life dealing with PTSD from the first Gulf War and the cancer surgery that has left him permanently disabled.  Trump is a bone-spur draft dodger with no history of service or sacrifice.

I am very much a child of the cold war.  I have spent a lot of time considering the consequences of war.  I am keenly aware that the US deterrence policy of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) requires that the nuclear arsenal be on a hair trigger with the President having unchecked power to send missiles on their way to their targets (no recall, redirection or self-destruction possible) within minutes of the order to launch.  Nothing short of an immediate, high-level military mutiny would prevent this.  My top priority in supporting a president is that he/she be a qualified person who knows how very bad war is and the consequences of nuclear war.

For these reasons I don't think Trump is remotely qualified to be President.  Do you think I'm suffering from TDS?  If so, please explain how.

Apparently a president's order must be seen as legal with regards to the military doctrine of "proportionality". I thought this was an interesting point at a hearing today. I would not want to be in that officer's shoes.

9 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Agree.  Sessions may be a total rube, but he's our rube.  That is, the "recusal" rube. 

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Apparently a president's order must be seen as legal with regards to the military doctrine of "proportionality". I thought this was an interesting point at a hearing today. I would not want to be in that officer's shoes.

I don't know what the officers responsible for delivering the launch order would do; I suspect they don't know either.  It depends on the circumstances.  However they should not be put in this position.

Trump is unlikely to order a nuclear attack on China (his election kitsch and daughter's fashion stuff is manufactured there) or Russia (he still hopes to make money laundering oligarch's money from Russia).  However what if Trump, who lacks the patience or intelligence for diplomacy, decides that tensions with North Korea or Iran are best handled with a pre-emptive nuclear strike?  Anyone of any intelligence knows that would be a bad idea, but would it be a clear-cut illegal order?

Barring evidence of an imminent threat to the US I think the military officers would disobey such an order, but I'm not sure.  However forcing them to disobey would play hell on the US tradition and constitutional requirement that the military be subservient to the President, and also play hell with our nuclear deterrent and cause friends and opponents around the world to wonder who is in charge of the US. 

For this and many other reasons we need a responsible, knowledgeable, competent president.  It has been clear since he first announced his candidacy that Trump doesn't have any of these qualities; he's a dim-witted entertainer who throws tantrums when he doesn't like the reviews he's getting.  We need to get him out of office.

Edited by heybruce

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

regards to the military doctrine of "proportionality".

If the President orders a first strike, there is no principle of proportionality. Proportionality is a strategic response. A First Strike is a political decision and the military has no political authority. That belongs to the POTUS.

An ex-General can voice whatever opinion he wants. Let's hear from an active duty general - Gen. McMaster?

Edited by Srikcir
add McMaster

Sessions is a full on swamp dweller.  My hope now is for him to be the very first to fall to the forces of truth and justice, and then the first to find a new lover on the inside.  Trump and co can wait for a few months as long as he is no longer POTUS.

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

If the President orders a first strike, there is no principle of proportionality. Proportionality is a strategic response. A First Strike is a political decision and the military has no political authority. That belongs to the POTUS.

An ex-General can voice whatever opinion he wants. Let's hear from an active duty general - Gen. McMaster?

Unless the generals stage a coup in which case they then have all authority.  Anatoly Dobrynin, the Soviet ambassador to Washington during the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962, wrote in his memoirs that Robert Kennedy met with him secretly at the time and told him that President Kennedy did not want to start a war with Cuba, but that he might not be able to control the US military who could stage a coup and then invade Cuba.

So, it can happen here.  Indeed, there is a basis for believing that the assassination in 1963 was a coup d'etat.

My guess is that if Trump were to order a nuclear attack, all bets would be off.  There is no way to predict what the military would actually do.  They probably don't know themselves, despite all their reams of procedure.

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

Sessions is a full on swamp dweller.  My hope now is for him to be the very first to fall to the forces of truth and justice, and then the first to find a new lover on the inside.  Trump and co can wait for a few months as long as he is no longer POTUS.

It's clear that the Atty General has perjured himself repeatedly and always with a smile on his face.  And yet, he did recuse himself on the Russia investigation and he is pushing back on the Repub calls to sic a special prosecutor on HC. 

If Trump were to replace him, do you think either AG Rudi Giuliani or AG Chris Christie would have even that much in the way of scruples?

11 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

1 min 20 to 1 min 55 is totally scary. Listen and really think about what you are hearing a US Politician saying. It begs the question, why not get rid of the source of the concern. Easy!