Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Trump is going to be buried under the crap that is coming.

True words. 

8 hours ago, habanero said:

Can't argue this. Right from Anderson Cooper, CNN whom you all love.

November 13, 1998 - Bill Clinton agrees to pay Paula Corbin Jones $850,000 to settle her sexual harassment lawsuit. (why would an innocent do that?)
December 11-12, 1998 - The House Judiciary Committee approves four articles of impeachment against President Clinton, accusing him of lying under oath, obstructing justice and abusing his presidential power in an effort to conceal a sexual relationship with Lewinsky.
Later Jaunita Broaddrick broke her silence and accused Clinton of Rape.
Lets also not forget, Bill Clinton lost his license to practice law. 
Only second president in history to be impeached....Something to be proud of. 

All the 'Bill Clinton is not pure' stuff is silly.  Not only was it decades ago (would you keep harping on your dad for some untoward thing he did 30 years ago?), ......it pales in comparison to the illegal things Trump is accused of doing.  It's like comparing shoplifting a bottle of mayonaise to robbing six banks at gunpoint.  Every time I see right-wingers whining about the Clintons, it reminds me how desperate they are to divert attention away from the very real problems of today.  Namely:  A treasonous man (Trump, along with his family & friends) who are doing all they can to debilitate the USA.

34 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

True words. 

All the 'Bill Clinton is not pure' stuff is silly.  Not only was it decades ago (would you keep harping on your dad for some untoward thing he did 30 years ago?), ......it pales in comparison to the illegal things Trump is accused of doing.  It's like comparing shoplifting a bottle of mayonaise to robbing six banks at gunpoint.  Every time I see right-wingers whining about the Clintons, it reminds me how desperate they are to divert attention away from the very real problems of today.  Namely:  A treasonous man (Trump, along with his family & friends) who are doing all they can to debilitate the USA.

but but but Bill, but but but Hillary, but but Obama, but but Soros, but but antifa, but but but. Trumpies need to get their heads out of their buts.

Edited by Slip

32 minutes ago, Slip said:

but but but Bill, but but but Hillary, but but Obama, but but Soros, but but antifa, but but but.  Trumpies need to get their heads out of their butts.

Lets not forget President JFK , please do not mention my idol, Marily Monroe. 

Presidential pedigree / DNA,  you either got it, or you have not .

Bill C.  I do not believe it , a good home loving, God fearing man . Imho .

Saddle up , and get ready for action in NK,   before the dust rises .

Edited by elliss

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

If you actually paid attention to legitimate news sources instead of scanning the internet for "news" you like, you might be sufficiently informed to participate in this discussion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/trump-connects-comey-firing-to-russia-questions-in-nbc-interview-942122051703

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?mcubz=1

I think you read and twist too much.

Trump said when he decided to fire Comey he was thinking about 'this Russia thing.'

So no actual quote. Just 3 words and that is twisted into what you would like to see. Really! :whistling:

4 hours ago, EvenSteven said:

Right.  Just like the last time, which you ignored.  Trolls are not interested in the investigation, only in discrediting it, like their master and supreme leaders does.

So no real proof then. Yep, true to form. Nothing yet. I read your links, but you must see things I don't. So just put the script here so there is no doubt. You know the old saying, Put up or.........

In the interests of trying to stay on topic could everyone please quote what they are referring to in an article when trying to provide reference material. I have spent 2 days trying to fend off about 10 anti Trumpists who send reams of links with not one bit of substantiated evidence that I can see. Sure, there is plenty of speculation, and yes, Trump is linked to a few things in life that may not be all that great, but we are talking about impeachment. So all of the other BS means nothing. Show me a link and Quote the text so I don't have to read a book, where there is actual evidence.

Thanks for your kind understanding. :coffee1:

1 hour ago, rhodie said:

How about the actual evidence of both.

"Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-says-fbi-director-comey-told-him-three-times-he-wasnt-under-investigation-once-in-a-phone-call-initiated-by-the-president/2017/05/11/2b384c9a-3669-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?

Clearly it's just an obvious coincidence that Trump was thinking of the Russian investigation when he fired Comey. He might just as well have been thinking about an extra scoop of ice cream for dessert or a round of golf. Clearly the 2 are not connected.

Here's another piece of evidence that has absolutely no significance

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?_r=0

McMaster does not deny details of Trump’s discussion with Russian officials

White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster on Sunday did not deny that President Trump discussed his motivation for firing FBI Director James B. Comey in an Oval Office meeting with Russian officials this month.

McMaster would not directly address details of the meeting, but he did not deny reports that Trump revealed classified intelligence information in that meeting and told the Russian officials that Comey’s firing eased “great pressure” on the White House. McMaster said only that Trump was speaking about his desire to find common ground with the Russians.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/05/21/mcmaster-does-not-deny-details-of-trumps-discussion-with-russian-officials/?utm_term=.ed95e0b59c10

It's just another coincidence. It happened to ease "great pressure" on him but in no way could it be inferred that this easing of pressure had been in any way an incentive to fire Comey..

15 minutes ago, rhodie said:

In the interests of trying to stay on topic could everyone please quote what they are referring to in an article when trying to provide reference material. I have spent 2 days trying to fend off about 10 anti Trumpists who send reams of links with not one bit of substantiated evidence that I can see. Sure, there is plenty of speculation, and yes, Trump is linked to a few things in life that may not be all that great, but we are talking about impeachment. So all of the other BS means nothing. Show me a link and Quote the text so I don't have to read a book, where there is actual evidence.

Thanks for your kind understanding. :coffee1:

Unfortunately Thai visa rules adhere to 'fair usage' principles, so people are only allowed to quote a little bit of the evidence available in the articles.  You need to click on the links to see the volumes of evidence stacking up against your orange hero.  I posted one such link earlier today.  Did you read it?  If you did what were your thoughts?

Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings

"The buyers include politically connected businessmen, such as a former executive in a Moscow-based state-run construction firm that works on military and intelligence facilities, the founder of a St. Petersburg investment bank and the co-founder of a conglomerate with interests in banking, property and electronics."

"People from the second and third tiers of Russian power have invested in the Trump buildings as well: One recently posted a photo of himself with the leader of a Russian motorcycle gang that was sanctioned by the United States for its alleged role in Moscow’s seizure of Crimea."

"The analysis found that at least 703 – or about one-third – of the owners of the 2044 units in the seven Trump buildings are limited liability companies, or LLCs, which have the ability to hide the identity of a property’s true owner."

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-property/

Eighth person in Trump Tower meeting was linked to money laundering

"Irakly Kaveladze, who met with Trump Jr. and Kushner, is linked to a Kremlin-friendly Russian oligarch,

through a network of shell companies."

"Irakly "Ike" Kaveladze, until now the mysterious eighth person in the room, attended the meeting on behalf of Aras Agalarov, a billionaire real estate magnate with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and a Trump family friend."

"A lawyer for Agalarov has confirmed Kaveladze’s attendance to other news outlets,

though he did not respond to requests for comment from POLITICO."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/18/irakly-kaveladze-trump-tower-russia-eighth-man-240679

Edited by iReason

Connecting the Dots Between Russian Gangsters and Trump Real Estate

"A new piece out today from The New Republic alleges that, for decades, Trump's real estate holdings have been used by Russian mobsters and oligarchs to launder money."

"Trump has denied having financial ties with Russia on many occasions: "I have no deals in Russia," he told reporters in January, days before his inauguration, and he repeated it again in May, speaking with NBC's Lester Holt."

"Yet, Trump Tower and Trump Soho in New York City, and properties in Sunny Isles, Florida, have all been the sites of shadowy real estate purchases that come with connections to Russian gangsters."

http://www.wnyc.org/story/real-estate-ties-link-trump-russia/

Follow the money. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

If you actually paid attention to legitimate news sources instead of scanning the internet for "news" you like, you might be sufficiently informed to participate in this discussion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/trump-connects-comey-firing-to-russia-questions-in-nbc-interview-942122051703

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?mcubz=1

5 hours ago, rhodie said:

I think you read and twist too much.

Trump said when he decided to fire Comey he was thinking about 'this Russia thing.'

So no actual quote. Just 3 words and that is twisted into what you would like to see. Really! :whistling:

So...what do you think these three words were referring to? 

BTW, that was an actual Trump quote.  Three words on record from Donald Trump in the context of him firing Comey when Comey was investigating Russian attempts to influence the presidential election.  Three direct and to the point words.  What don't you get about this?

Here's the quote from Trump on the firing of Comey:

And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

It's from this article:

Trump has now admitted he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/11/15628276/trump-comey-fired-russia

11 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

"Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-says-fbi-director-comey-told-him-three-times-he-wasnt-under-investigation-once-in-a-phone-call-initiated-by-the-president/2017/05/11/2b384c9a-3669-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?

Clearly it's just an obvious coincidence that Trump was thinking of the Russian investigation when he fired Comey. He might just as well have been thinking about an extra scoop of ice cream for dessert or a round of golf. Clearly the 2 are not connected.

Here's another piece of evidence that has absolutely no significance

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html?_r=0

McMaster does not deny details of Trump’s discussion with Russian officials

White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster on Sunday did not deny that President Trump discussed his motivation for firing FBI Director James B. Comey in an Oval Office meeting with Russian officials this month.

McMaster would not directly address details of the meeting, but he did not deny reports that Trump revealed classified intelligence information in that meeting and told the Russian officials that Comey’s firing eased “great pressure” on the White House. McMaster said only that Trump was speaking about his desire to find common ground with the Russians.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/05/21/mcmaster-does-not-deny-details-of-trumps-discussion-with-russian-officials/?utm_term=.ed95e0b59c10

It's just another coincidence. It happened to ease "great pressure" on him but in no way could it be inferred that this easing of pressure had been in any way an incentive to fire Comey..

Thank you for the detail. Appreciated. But really it is still all speculation.

"President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting."

According to a document summarizing the meeting. What document? Is it official? Is it real? 

And all the words that quote him are just a word or 2, but never in a complete transcript and probably never in context. Now I can understand if you want to believe what the article says, but it is speculation, not fact. 

And yes, I read the both articles. Every piece of speculation quotes a few words that Trump is alleged to have said and then speculates on those words.

"He said it is difficult to understand the scope of the conversation based on “a few lines” of notes leaked to members of the press." This quote by  McMaster sums it up. The whole article seems to be based around 2 words that Trump used. "great pressure". Quote the whole sentence/paragraph in context so we can decide for ourselves.

12 hours ago, Slip said:

Unfortunately Thai visa rules adhere to 'fair usage' principles, so people are only allowed to quote a little bit of the evidence available in the articles.  You need to click on the links to see the volumes of evidence stacking up against your orange hero.  I posted one such link earlier today.  Did you read it?  If you did what were your thoughts?

The poll is whether Trump will be impeached or not. I am commenting on the topic. If I read every article posted in this topic I would never be able to do anything else. And most of them are just copies. A reply here with a reference to the article and a quote on what points to grounds for impeachment in the article will allow me to give my opinion. It will not contravene fair usage. Cheers.

Just now, rhodie said:

The poll is whether Trump will be impeached or not. I am commenting on the topic. If I read every article posted in this topic I would never be able to do anything else. And most of them are just copies. A reply here with a reference to the article and a quote on what points to grounds for impeachment in the article will allow me to give my opinion. It will not contravene fair usage. Cheers.

You are not commenting on the topic, you are demanding members provide you with proof, some of which has been provided.   The topic is not for you alone nor are members under obligation to answer your questions.

You do not control the topic.   If you don't wish to re-read some of the links, that is your problem.  

7 hours ago, heybruce said:

So...what do you think these three words were referring to? 

BTW, that was an actual Trump quote.  Three words on record from Donald Trump in the context of him firing Comey when Comey was investigating Russian attempts to influence the presidential election.  Three direct and to the point words.  What don't you get about this?

No, the 3 words are used in a narrative to speculate what Trump was referring to. Publish the full sentence/paragraph and allow the reader to form an opinion.

Continue with your demands and you will face a suspension.   You may not derail a topic or completely dominate it.  

You're free to refute it and show where it was not said.   It's a two way street.  

You have been warned.  

Contrary to what the White House publicly stated;

JAMES COMEY FIRED LETTER: READ WHY HE WAS TERMINATED

"The White House fired FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday, after President Donald Trump reportedly received recommendations from Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to remove the leader from his role."

“The president has accepted the recommendation of the attorney general and the deputy attorney general regarding the dismissal of the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation,” White House Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters Tuesday in the Briefing Room."

http://www.newsweek.com/read-james-comey-fired-heres-his-dismissal-letter-606380

The occupier of the White House admits that he was going to fire Dir. Comey, 

because of "This Russia thing" before there was any recommendation from Deputy Attorney General Rosenstien.

In his mind he had decided to intervene in an ongoing investigation and remove him, because it was a "made up story":

His mispresentation and deflection continued:

Edited by iReason

13 hours ago, rhodie said:

In the interests of trying to stay on topic could everyone please quote what they are referring to in an article when trying to provide reference material. I have spent 2 days trying to fend off about 10 anti Trumpists who send reams of links with not one bit of substantiated evidence that I can see. Sure, there is plenty of speculation, and yes, Trump is linked to a few things in life that may not be all that great, but we are talking about impeachment. So all of the other BS means nothing. Show me a link and Quote the text so I don't have to read a book, where there is actual evidence. Thanks for your kind understanding. :coffee1:

Rhodie, it's easy to only see what you want to see, and disregard everything else.

Yet there are massive amounts of taped evidence implicating Trump and his cohorts in crimes.  Here is a tiny fraction of the list.....

>>>  Trump saying, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you can release the emails you have on Hillary."  This was said 3 days after the Russians met with top Trump people at Trump Tower, June 2016.

>>>  Trump reading directly from Sputnik newspaper - an article denigrating HRC which he knew at the time, was completely fabricated.

>>>  Trump firing Comey. At first lying about the reasons, ...then telling the truth - it was because Comey was getting too close with the FBI investigation.

>>>   Trump drafting a letter on AF1 articulating what happened at that Trump Tower meeting - knowing it was all complete lies.  Trump Sr. claimed he wasn't at that meeting, and knew nothing about it until 11 months later - yet he's telling the American people what happened there !!!   

There are hundreds of additional incriminating bits of evidence.  Some we know of, some we'll hear about when Mueller's team publish their findings.  If anyone is annoyed about truthful revelations re; Trump and his criminal cabal, ....they're going to very very angry over coming months.  Go ahead and get angry, but please don't grab your guns and harm people.  Thanks.

12 hours ago, iReason said:

Eighth person in Trump Tower meeting was linked to money laundering

"Irakly Kaveladze, who met with Trump Jr. and Kushner, is linked to a Kremlin-friendly Russian oligarch,

through a network of shell companies."

"Irakly "Ike" Kaveladze, until now the mysterious eighth person in the room, attended the meeting on behalf of Aras Agalarov, a billionaire real estate magnate with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin and a Trump family friend."

"A lawyer for Agalarov has confirmed Kaveladze’s attendance to other news outlets,

though he did not respond to requests for comment from POLITICO."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/18/irakly-kaveladze-trump-tower-russia-eighth-man-240679

I am actually heartened, neigh my spirits truly lifted and feeling a new burst of confidence and optimism for human nature to at last realise that a group of 8 people, previously with a reputation as self serving well known international shysters, would all convene in New York at their own expense for only a 20 minute meeting on the plight of orphaned Russian children that need to be considered for adoption by citizens of the United States. (I won't even fly to the US for a two week appointment at Disney Land at the moment so these 8 are truly humanitarian). We should be thankful that these 8 have clearly had an epiphany to dedicate such resources and time (especially during the biggest political campaign of the century so far), to meet on a subject that would offer absolutely no chance of financial gain for any of them at all. They must all be truly great people. I hope Mueller can take it upon himself to see through the tangled web of facts and disregard the truth so that these 8 may continue their claimed rescue mission for orphaned Russian Children. The Magnificent 7 8.

:coffee1::whistling:

I wonder if this post may be cut and paste onto a right wing evangelical website in the near future as proof incontrovertible that the Lords spirit has entered these 8 sinners.

Still no charity money from leftover Trump inaugural funds

"Eight months after raising $107 million, Trump insiders tell The Associated Press there is confusion

about how much money the committee has left."

"Vendors in the inauguration's production say costs for many items ballooned over delayed decisions

and inexperienced committee staff."

"Four people familiar with the cost of the inauguration's welcome concert say it reached as much as $25 million."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/16/still-no-charity-money-from-leftover-trump-inaugural-funds.html

"Tom Barrack, [Chairman of the private Presidential Inaugural Committee] told the AP in June that “a full and clean external audit has been conducted and completed” of the inaugural committee’s finances, though the committee would not share a copy with AP or say who performed it."

"Two Trump associates familiar with efforts to sort out the financing said they were unaware of a completed third-party audit."

"The committee’s total haul of $107 million was nearly twice that of Obama’s inauguration in 2009."

https://apnews.com/0756ba7480444895b4fabc9a2f0909b3

The Trump Inaugural Committee Promised Charity Donations — So Where Are They?

"It’s a minor Washington tradition that unused funds from presidential inauguration events are donated to charity."

"But nearly eight months after Donald Trump’s swearing-in celebration, no donations have been made from its record-breaking inaugural fund, and where the money went is mysterious."

"The result, in the case of Trump’s inaugural concert, was an event that cost 10 times as much as a similar event for George W. Bush’s inauguration — a reported $25 million, compared to $2.5 million for Bush."

http://fortune.com/2017/09/17/trump-inaugural-donations-missing/

:whistling:

Edited by iReason

Re; $25 million+ spent/wasted on charity balls for Jan 20....

No surprise.  Besides all the other problems Trump and his cronies are causing in the US, they're also skimming money hand over fist - every way they can.    The head of the WH Ethics Office quit because he was overwhelmed with the cavalcade of issues re; Trumpsters' cheating/stealing.  The departing chief recommended an adept replacement (from his staff) but, surprise!, Trump appointed a corrupt person who is going to allow Trumpsters to cheat and profit and waste money as fast as they're able.