Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, ClutchClark said:

To those members outside the US, I would be glad to discuss this topic with you but the hyper-partisan Americans on this forum make it impossible to hold reasonable and unemotional discourse.

I read a report a few months ago about how the extreme right and extreme left have drastically grown over the past 20 years.  Like doubling.  Those in these groups give no quarter to those who oppose them.  The #1 problem.  IMHO.  No give and take like there use to be.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Meljames said:

GOP approval ratings are in free-fall. Seems the trump/roy moore supporters are the only ones clinging to the their party loyalty.

Congressional approval ratings are below 20%!  Horrible.  They should all be fired.

21 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I read a report a few months ago about how the extreme right and extreme left have drastically grown over the past 20 years.  Like doubling.  Those in these groups give no quarter to those who oppose them.  The #1 problem.  IMHO.  No give and take like there use to be.

Actually, you should read Norman Ornstein, who works for the conservative AEI. He's a political scientist who wrote this time it's different. He notes it's the Republican party that's taken a radical turn to the right. Once upon a time, a guy like Obama would have been considered a Rockefeller Republican.

49 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

100% agreed.  That BS with the Alabama senate race is an excellent example.  The Republicans just can't get themselves to vote for a Democratic candidate.  Even thought they know their candidate is a horrible choice!

Boggles my mind.  I went independent decades ago due to this.  The US drastically needs a political reset.

....what you say backs up the basic premise that both ClutchClark and I put forth:  Republicans don't support Trump's stupid ideas, but they still want him in the power seat.  The difference between me and ClutchClark, is he wants others to perceive it as: GOP still have common sense and morals.   I see it 180 degrees differently.  The GOP members, who don't openly speak out against Trump, are harmful to the US.  They're enablers.  Not much different than a wife who doesn't tell authorities about her husband - who is sexually molesting their daughter.

Here's a comparison:  If I  had a brother who was a Christian preacher and sexually molested little boys in the back room, I would have a choice.   Should I speak out and save future boys from being molested, or should I stick with filial protectionism (like Trumpists) and just hope my brother doesn't get too outlandish ?

If I was a Republican, I would try to sweep it under the carpet.  But I'm not, so I believe in calling people out - who are harming others, and/or the US.

48 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

It brings me great humor to see Trump owns the heads of liberals to the point of obsession but most GOP I know barely give him a second thought.

Maybe some GOP members don't love Trump, but they're intrinsically entwined with him.  They want it both ways, but the majority of Americans aren't that easily hoodwinked.  GOP candidates are going to get sent to the woodshed in '18 and '20.  I admit that's wishful thinking on my part (and I admit I was wrong when I predicted HRC would win in '16), but I harbor a slight hope that Republicans aren't as bereft of decency as they manifest to be.

3 hours ago, Meljames said:

GOP approval ratings are in free-fall. Seems the trump/roy moore supporters are the only ones clinging to the their party loyalty.

You misunderstand what “approval” ratings mean.

It simply means they have no use for the present GOP.

It does not mean they have become liberal Dems nor that they now support liberal Dem policies nor that they will suddenly change ieologies and vote liberal Dem.

Their dissapproval for Obies policies and particularly the Clinton clan are is far stronger than it is for the GOP.

Its why Trump was popular in the first place. Repubs are not happy with the corrupt and worthless bunch of lawmakers we have today.

They want leadership that represents them.

You will notice this is in sharp contrast to the Dems who behave like little lapdogs and lick up whatever their party tells them to.

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

That's like saying right-wing Christians oppose grown men sexually assaulting 14-yr-olds, but then support men who do just that.   .....oh, I see now.  Both ClutchClark's missive and mine are true.   They must be a conflicted bunch.   I'm glad I'm not a Republican.   If so, I'd have to compromise my moral standards constantly.  Their motto is: Party loyalty over moral decency. Loyalty to Trump over doing what's right for the USA.

addendum: 'Party loyalty and person-worship over doing what's right.'   Hmmm, where have I heard that sort of logic before?   ....oh, that's right, a certain mustached angry man from Austria, about 75 yrs ago, took over a political party, and all hell broke loose for the ensuing 7 years.

Well, one good thing that came out of the 3rd Reich's domineering actions:   Germany, 20 years after the war, became a strong economic power.  Same for the other defeated war-mongering force:  Japan.   So, maybe right-wing biographers in the 22nd century will look back at the damage caused by Trumpsters, and conclude: "It was an awful administration, but at least the US went back to resume its role as world power in the 2040's."

A genuinely disturbing comment.

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Congressional approval ratings are below 20%!  Horrible.  They should all be fired.

These clowns rally cry for the past 6 years has been to end Obamacare with a stake thru the heart.

they win the WH and Congress and their constituents discover that not one of them actually developed a plan. The bunch of them were no different than your average TVF liberal...just cry cry cry.

But what do the GOP manage to accomplish in their first attempt?

Massive corporate tax breaks.

They should not just be fired, they should be investigated for Corporate Lobby ties.

They passed that tax bill using the very format the Dems pushed through the ACA. No partisan support and get it passed before the jnk even dried so their voting base had no time to comment.

BTW, does anyone remember the exodus of the ACA architects once Obamacare was passed? They all went to work for private healthcare firms that directly benefited by its passage.

16 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

You misunderstand what “approval” ratings mean.

It simply means they have no use for the present GOP.

It does not mean they have become liberal Dems nor that they now support liberal Dem policies nor that they will suddenly change ieologies and vote liberal Dem.

Their dissapproval for Obies policies and particularly the Clinton clan are is far stronger than it is for the GOP.

Its why Trump was popular in the first place. Repubs are not happy with the corrupt and worthless bunch of lawmakers we have today.

They want leadership that represents them.

You will notice this is in sharp contrast to the Dems who behave like little lapdogs and lick up whatever their party tells them to.

Really? It's only the GOP that voters disapprove of?

Five thirty eight keeps an average of all the polls. Currently Trump's disapproval ratings beats his approval by 19.6 percent. I believe that's a record for any modern president at this point in his first term.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

That's like saying right-wing Christians oppose grown men sexually assaulting 14-yr-olds, but then support men who do just that.   .....

I guess I will have to spell this one out for you as well but Republican voters believe in Due Process. We are a cerebral bunch rather than emotionally motivated like the Dems who turn into lynch mobs and hang everyone before all the facts are even available.

As for your comparisons to the 3rd Reicht...

You either don’t know the first thing about history or you are in serious need of therapy to accuse your own fellow Americans of being Nazis.

You Apparently think nothing of spouting your hot air with no consideration or respect for all the poor lost sould who died under Hitler. You stand yourself up not on a soapbox but on their very bones. 

What ever happened to you?

Edited by ClutchClark

29 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Really? It's only the GOP that voters disapprove of?

Five thirty eight keeps an average of all the polls. Currently Trump's disapproval ratings beats his approval by 19.6 percent. I believe that's a record for any modern president at this point in his first term.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/

I don’t understand your post.

It sounds like you have misunderstood something I have said or more likely since its you...you are puting words in my mouth for one of your strawman arguments.

Edited by ClutchClark

Due process, huh?

There are lists of the times when Donald Trump incited violence against protestors at his rallies -- due process? I don't think so. 

I'm also not so sure about due process when #45 maligns the media and talks about restricting outlets' licences (not that he could). Or sacking Comey because of this "Russian thing." Or saying that Muller would be crossing a boundary if he started looking at Trump's financial affairs. 

Or when his response to something he doesn't like is an avalanche of tweets, thereby setting the emotional climate for how people see that situation. 

Due process and Donald Trump? Don't make me laugh. 

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

That's like saying right-wing Christians oppose grown men sexually assaulting 14-yr-olds, but then support men who do just that.   .....oh, I see now.  Both ClutchClark's missive and mine are true.   They must be a conflicted bunch.   I'm glad I'm not a Republican.   If so, I'd have to compromise my moral standards constantly.  Their motto is: Party loyalty over moral decency. Loyalty to Trump over doing what's right for the USA.

addendum: 'Party loyalty and person-worship over doing what's right.'   Hmmm, where have I heard that sort of logic before?   ....oh, that's right, a certain mustached angry man from Austria, about 75 yrs ago, took over a political party, and all hell broke loose for the ensuing 7 years.

Well, one good thing that came out of the 3rd Reich's domineering actions:   Germany, 20 years after the war, became a strong economic power.  Same for the other defeated war-mongering force:  Japan.   So, maybe right-wing biographers in the 22nd century will look back at the damage caused by Trumpsters, and conclude: "It was an awful administration, but at least the US went back to resume its role as world power in the 2040's."

Trump and Alabama Republicans have a choice between a candidate who endorses murdering children(unborn) vs another who is accused of having sex with one(he denies it). 

Easy call and supported by his constituents. http://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/public-opinion-on-abortion/

Edited by Jsinbkk

8 minutes ago, Jsinbkk said:

Trump and Alabama Republicans have a choice between a candidate who endorses murdering children(unborn) vs another who is accused of having sex with one(he denies it). 

Easy call and supported by his constituents. http://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/public-opinion-on-abortion/

Did you mean ABORTION?:post-4641-1156693976:

Your post is incorrect.

This election in Alabama is not a REPUBLICAN primary.

It's between a republican and a democrat.

The republicans already chose the child molester to represent them. 

The voters now include all party affiliations even though yes it's true Alabama is a heavy republican state.

52 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

I guess I will have to spell this one out for you as well but Republican voters believe in Due Process. We are a cerebral bunch rather than emotionally motivated like the Dems who turn into lynch mobs and hang everyone before all the facts are even available.

As for your comparisons to the 3rd Reicht...

You either don’t know the first thing about history or you are in serious need of therapy to accuse your own fellow Americans of being Nazis.

You Apparently think nothing of spouting your hot air with no consideration or respect for all the poor lost sould who died under Hitler. You stand yourself up not on a soapbox but on their very bones. 

What ever happened to you?

Yes, this is why scientists overwhelmingly vote democratic because they're emotionally motivated rather than motivated by reason.

http://www.people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

This is why the people at the leading edge in technology, the silicon valley types, vote overwhelmingly democratic because they're not clear thinkers.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nearly-all-of-silicon-valleys-political-dollars-are-going-to-hillary-clinton/

This is why Republicans are touting fake news stories such as Uranium One.

Sadly Denture Donnie brought his way and tapped into the evil nature of many of American... he only gets stronger because of the weak DEMO and the complicit support of the GOP.   Those that can do, those that do not, become... compromised and complicit.

Sadly Denture Donnie brought his way and tapped into the evil nature of many of American... he only gets stronger because of the weak DEMO and the complicit support of the GOP.   Those that can do, those that do not, become... compromised and complicit.

Well at this point weak or strong the democrats just don't have the votes in congress to do much of anything.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, you should read Norman Ornstein, who works for the conservative AEI. He's a political scientist who wrote this time it's different. He notes it's the Republican party that's taken a radical turn to the right. Once upon a time, a guy like Obama would have been considered a Rockefeller Republican.

That's more or less correct. The Democrats became Republicans and the Republicans became something else. Nixon was more progressive than any president since. The national debt, military adventurism, entitlement spending and corporatism have thrived in this new environment. People continue to have brand loyalty for their party, never noticing that their party is completely different than the one they once supported on ideological grounds.

Edited by lannarebirth

10 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That's more or less correct. The Democrats became Republicans and the Republicans became something else. Nixon was more progressive than any president since. The national debt, military adventurism, entitlement spending and corporatism have thrived in this new environment. People continue to have brand loyalty for their party, never noticing that their party is completely different than the one they once supported on ideological grounds.

Elements  of  truth !   Globally !

The women are coming! The women are coming! The pervert potus stands accused by many. Even Nikki Haley says listen to the WOMEN accusing trump. She's complicit with the pervert potus but clearly she's ambitious and hopes to wipe away the maga filth after he's over.

"This was serial misconduct and perversion on the part of Mr. Trump. Unfortunately, this behavior isn't rare in our society, and people of all backgrounds can be victims. The only reason I am here today is that this offender is now the President of our country," said Rachel Crooks, a former Bayrock Group receptionist who accused Trump of kissing her on the mouth without her consent in 2005."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/donald-trump-women-allegations/index.html

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The women are coming! The women are coming! The pervert potus stands accused by many. Even Nicky Haley says listen to the women.

This was serial misconduct and perversion on the part of Mr. Trump. Unfortunately, this behavior isn't rare in our society, and people of all backgrounds can be victims. The only reason I am here today is that this offender is now the President of our country," said Rachel Crooks, a former Bayrock Group receptionist who accused Trump of kissing her on the mouth without her consent in 2005.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/donald-trump-women-allegations/index.html

Are you in touch with Nancy?????

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The women are coming! The women are coming! The pervert potus stands accused by many. Even Nikki Haley says listen to the WOMEN accusing trump. She's complicit with the pervert potus but clearly she's ambitious and hopes to wipe away the maga filth after he's over.

That's what I was thinking after first hearing of her coming out with this -- she wants to be fired.  Just as it was an honor to be given the position it would be even more of an honor for her to be dumped by him, now that he's been in office nearly a year and the "give him a chance" grace period is up.  Expect the given reasons to be that she was "weak on ______," (whatever he has in mind at that moment), "a choke artist" etc.

He's an embarrassment to his country, and those who represent the US to the rest of the world are the ones who have to bear the brunt of it.  He's right about one thing, "the whole world is laughing at us."  But he leaves out the part that the reason is himself.

That's entertainment!

Edited by bendejo

20 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

It brings me great humor to see Trump owns the heads of liberals to the point of obsession but most GOP I know barely give him a second thought.

I give him second and third thoughts, and here's why:  The presidency is a powerful political position.  Some of the things Trump has done, in less than a year: 

>>>  trashed the Paris Accords, which the rest of the world agrees upon and is taking seriously.  He effectively gave the finger to the rest of the world and environmentalists

>>>  advocated criminalizing all women who seek abortions.

>>>  (along with Sessions) criminalizing anyone who seeks pot for medical conditions.  Similarly, maintaining criminal status for any American who seeks to grow hemp.

>>>  decrease protected park regions in the SW USA.  

.......there are hundreds of other awful policy decisions Trumpsters  have made.  Those deserve 'second thoughts' from any folks give a crap for the US and its people.

20 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I admit I'm partisan, in favor of Dems.  For that reason, I can't fully agree with the above.  I listen to interviews/commentaries from news reports (though rarely from Fox), and some of the Democratic Congressmen are sharp thinkers and not afraid to speak truth and what they're really thinking, - as opposed to Republicans who constantly hedge, glom onto conspiracy theories, lie, ....and put party loyalty (including loyalty to Trump) over doing/saying what's right.

17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

A genuinely disturbing comment.

How so.  Cat got your tongue? 

"Putin set out to show that there is nothing special about America, that it is just another country. Whether he is right depends in no small part on whether enough Americans—especially powerful or politically connected Americans—still believe their system is worth defending. What Russia showed in the 2016 election—and what it has continued to show in the election’s aftermath—is not so much its own strength, but American vulnerability: that it doesn’t take much to turn the American system on itself. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/01/putins-game/546548/