Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

You reckon? Polls show Trump's support is dropping like a stone. Will likely get a bounce when the new tax code is signed, but if / when the impacts are  understood by his base, will plummet.

His base only cares about MAWA (Make America White Again), they don't give a rodent's behind about facts.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Becker said:

His base only cares about MAWA (Make America White Again), they don't give a rodent's behind about facts.

.....and care about anyone amassing as many military-grade guns as possible.

Next time there's a mass shooting, Trump's gun-huggers can say, "daggone, if dem folks had loaded guns in their hands, the bad guy wouldn'ave shot as many of 'em."  

Trump voter here. Neither I or any of people I know who voted for President Trump feel betrayed by the proposed tax bill. I've read the bill details, they work for me.

He's doing a great job. I predict another big win for President Trump in 2020.

Edited by akdraw
less is more

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

352 pages and 5,266 posts later, no signs of impeachment....Trump going stronger than ever. And at least one prominent poster seems to have retired from daily spamming with anti trump links.

I'm loving it. 

Good that one has seen the off topic waste of bandwidth. Sadly , there are many more wanting to use this thread for plain propaganda, and venting about Trump.

I voted no, not because I am a Trump supporter, but because impeachment does not automatically mean removal from office. 

First of all, the standard of guilt needed for a successful impeachment is quite high.  There have only been two impeachments in US history - Johnson in the 1860s and Bill Clinton in the 1990s.  Both were impeached, that is, tried by the Senate, but not found guilty or removed from office.  It is quite possible that the same thing could happen to Trump.

Secondly, I don't think that Trump's ego and self-image would let him resign.  He may be kicked out eventually, but it will only be after a long chaotic period of political battles and growing mental instability.

Nixon would have been impeached and convicted but he had the good sense to listen to advice and resign. I also can see trump wouldn't listen to good advice in similar circumstances and right now there is a much greater threat to American democracy now than then. But I wouldn't totally rule out that he may resign under pressure if he can paint it in a face saving way for his ever loyal white nationalist deplorable base and even health problems could be a good enough excuse.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

50 minutes ago, akdraw said:

Trump voter here. Neither I or any of people I know who voted for President Trump feel betrayed by the proposed tax bill. I've read the bill details, they work for me.

He's doing a great job. I predict another big win for President Trump in 2020.

Remember Truimp's repeated and repeated and repeated promise to get rid of carried interest? That's the break that allows hedge fund managers to treat commissions like capital gains and pay much less tax on it. Guess what? Completely unscathed.  I wonder what that tax bill would have to offer to make you feel Trump has betrayed his voters.

30 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

Sorry doesn't apply, I don't know any of those people.

I do remember the majority of the news outlets and tweets from a few months ago stating that President Trump would never win the election. And since May many here were believing he would be impeached or forced to retire by now.

Have a good evening Skywalker.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

I am.  You said people were posting incorrect information.  Either show it or retract your  post.  In other words, abide by forum rules and stick to the topic.  No trolling.

Rather ironic you telling me to stick to the topic. 

People are post 90% off topic posts, nothing to do with impeachment. 

Take a look at the last few pages and you'll see. I am not responding to them.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Remember Truimp's repeated and repeated and repeated promise to get rid of carried interest? That's the break that allows hedge fund managers to treat commissions like capital gains and pay much less tax on it. Guess what? Completely unscathed.  I wonder what that tax bill would have to offer to make you feel Trump has betrayed his voters.

Like I said I don't feel betrayed. I have read the bill details and they are good for me. Apparently good for hedge fund managers too.

Can see the POTUS impeached or forced to resign.

Have a good night.

Edited by akdraw
to add

27 minutes ago, akdraw said:

Like I said I don't feel betrayed. I have read the bill details and they are good for me. Apparently good for hedge fund managers too.

Can see the POTUS impeached or forced to resign.

Have a good night.

So you don't think Trump had a point when he was railing against the breaks that hedge fund managers get?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Nixon would have been impeached and convicted but he had the good sense to listen to advice and resign. I also can see trump wouldn't listen to good advice in similar circumstances and right now there is a much greater threat to American democracy now than then. But I wouldn't totally rule out that he may resign under pressure if he can paint it in a face saving way for his ever loyal white nationalist deplorable base and even health problems could be a good enough excuse.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've enjoyed, agreed with and checked like on many of your comments over the years. This one, no so much. I don't believe his base are as you describe.

Have a good night Sir.

2 minutes ago, akdraw said:

I've enjoyed, agreed with and checked like on many of your comments over the years. This one, no so much. I don't believe his base are as you describe.

Have a good night Sir.

That's fine. I think that it's totally clear and obvious that the main reason trump won was WHITE resentment and a WHITELASH against Obama. He won majorities in almost all demographics of WHITE people. He started his political career with a VILE racist "birther" movement. His campaign was extremist ultra NATIONALIST, fake populist, a fascist agenda without any doubt. People can be in denial, but the facts say differently. 

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So you don't think Trump had a point when he was railing against the breaks that hedge fund managers get?

He's not heavy he's my brother. lets just agree to disagree.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

1 hour ago, akdraw said:

I do remember the majority of the news outlets and tweets from a few months ago stating that President Trump would never win the election. And since May many here were believing he would be impeached or forced to retire by now.

Trump can´t win without cheating, he isn´t good enough.

1 hour ago, akdraw said:

I do remember the majority of the news outlets and tweets from a few months ago stating that President Trump would never win the election.

Yup, against all the odds and all expert opinion. Makes you kinda wonder how he did. Now then, back to that Russian collusion and interference investigation. It's Mueller time.

1 hour ago, akdraw said:

You too akdraw, you too.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's fine. I think that it's totally clear and obvious that the main reason trump won was WHITE resentment and a WHITELASH against Obama. He won majorities in almost all demographics of WHITE people. He started his political career with a VILE racist "birther" movement. His campaign was extremist ultra NATIONALIST, fake populist, a fascist agenda without any doubt. People can be in denial, but the facts say differently. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Happy Chanukah to you.

We agree more than we disagree. Merry Christmas & Happy Chanukah to you Jingthing.

5 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

There have been a lot of impeachment talk, for many moons.  Just last week, a senator called for his impeachment.  Naturally, Trump lashed out at her, insinuating that she would offer sexual favors for money.

Trump is getting stronger, like the need for farting gets stronger after eating a large Mexican meal.

uhhhh...whatever u say bud...at least mexican gives you real flatulence..as opposed to the imaginary flatulence  Ive seen so far.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

and then there is this, hardly new news, but news to some:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/07/the-great-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy?CMP=share_btn_tw

A shadowy global operation involving big data, billionaire friends of Trump and the disparate forces of the Leave campaign influenced the result of the EU referendum. As Britain heads to the polls again, is our electoral process still fit for purpose?

The international nature of this scam makes it  likely that Trump & co will get nailed in the end as other stakeholders continue to weigh in, although Trump is just a local manager in the firm.  I hope Bannon sees some serious jail time.

(Note to all: The Guardian is a respected newspaper even if a bit left wing for some people's liking.  They are not purveyors of "fake news".)

The drip, drip, drip of trumpist "all-American" fascism marches on.

There are little horrors daily. 

Sometime big horrors.

Shock and awe until the resistance just gets totally exhausted.

Today's horror.

The trump regime has banned these words, yes, you heard it, they have banned WORDS, from the CDC budget documents:

“fetus”

“diversity”

“vulnerable”

“entitlement”

“evidence-based”

“science-based”

Stuff like this doesn't shock anymore because it's become just so everyday. This folks, is how democracy dies. Yes, it's happening. 

Some may call this more hyperbole. I call not seeing what's happening DENIAL. 

Edited by Jingthing

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The drip, drip, drip of trumpist "all-American" fascism marches on.

There are little horrors daily. 

Sometime big horrors.

Shock and awe until the resistance just gets totally exhausted.

Today's horror.

The trump regime has banned these words, yes, you heard it, they have banned WORDS, from the CDC budget documents:

“fetus”

“diversity”

“vulnerable”

“entitlement”

“evidence-based”

“science-based”

Stuff like this doesn't shock anymore because it's become just so everyday. This folks, is how democracy dies. Yes, it's happening. 

Some may call this more hyperbole. I call not seeing what's happening DENIAL. 

This is what Thesauruses are for.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.39bede13d7f6

Edited by lannarebirth

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Washington Post??    Enough said on that.

"At the CDC, the meeting about the banned words was led by Alison Kelly, a career civil servant who is a senior leader in the agency’s Office of Financial Services, according to the CDC analyst, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly."

We know that when someone speaks on the condition of anonymity that there's bs being shovelled.

Edited by F4UCorsair

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

Washington Post??    Enough said on that.

"At the CDC, the meeting about the banned words was led by Alison Kelly, a career civil servant who is a senior leader in the agency’s Office of Financial Services, according to the CDC analyst, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to speak publicly."

We know that when someone speaks on the condition of anonymity that there's bs being shovelled.

More accurately you're shovelling 'fake news'.

From the article....

In some instances, the analysts were given alternative phrases. Instead of “science-based” or ­“evidence-based,” the suggested phrase is “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered.

In other words not based upon empirical data, but right wing PC propaganda.