DSI seize 122 super cars in nine raids in Bangkok

rooster59

DSI seize 122 super cars in nine raids in Bangkok

supercars.jpg

A total of 122 super cars have been impounded by the Department of Special Investigation following coordinated raids of nine car showrooms and warehouses, especially the Niche Car Group, in Bangkok on Friday.

The impounding of the 122 luxury cars were announced at a press conference by justice deputy permanent secretary Pol Col Dusadee Arayawuth and DSI chief Pol Col Paisit Wongmuang.

Officials of the DSI split up to raid nine locations connected with import of luxury cars, including showrooms at Siam Paragon and Ekamai, Raminthra road and the residence of Mr Wittavat Choenbaramee of the Niche Car Group.

The cars impounded include Lamboghini, Ferrari and Lotus.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dsi-seize-122-super-cars-nine-raids-bangkok/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-20

Super cars, the ideal vehicle for driving in   Thailand, where could 

you open it up and make it go,without having a motorbike,car or

truck pull out in the fast lane,without looking,or judging your speed,

or having the floor ripped out going over a speed bump,or pothole.

Judging by the number of accidents here,I would think the majority

of drivers buying them,would have no real idea of how to drive one

properly,in the wrong hands they are a lethal weapon,I think the

majority of buyers are purchasing them is to show off their wealth.

maybe the more money than sense syndrome.

regards worgeordie

Super-cars are the work of the devil, and are nearly always owned and driven by morons, the kind of people who think that having a hot tub in their living room is tasteful, who employ experts to stock their book shelves with the 'right kind of books'.  Super-car owners in Thailand are particularly stupid. They either pay the tax, and end up with a car which has cost them at least twice as much as it would have done in the west, or they buy from the 'grey market' and risk losing their car completely, as is happening now.  I hope the police dump the cars into the sea to make a home for fish.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Super-cars are the work of the devil, and are nearly always owned and driven by morons, the kind of people who think that having a hot tub in their living room is tasteful, who employ experts to stock their book shelves with the 'right kind of books'.  Super-car owners in Thailand are particularly stupid. They either pay the tax, and end up with a car which has cost them at least twice as much as it would have done in the west, or they buy from the 'grey market' and risk losing their car completely, as is happening now.  I hope the police dump the cars into the sea to make a home for fish.

bwahahahahahaha, someone steal the milk fro your bowl of wheeties this morning !!

2 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

ummm   I remember some Exotic car shops on the way in from Swampy airport ,  did they get raided  ?

It would be interesting to know who ordered this , I doubt the General is a car freak !

The tall building with the lambo's in the windows is/was Niche Car Group.

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Stay tuned for auction date, if you to  have money to burn,

they always seem to make a point of keeping the auctions, locations and dates a secret from the public and the reserves on the cars are far too high they dont want just anyone getting a bargain.

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

they always seem to make a point of keeping the auctions, locations and dates a secret from the public and the reserves on the cars are far too high they dont want just anyone getting a bargain.

They are published in thai media, and online. 

You pay 100000b to attend (refundable) but i guess thats just to ensure you are serious. 

No bargains to be had, the dealers bid up to near market value, so you might 'save' 200k....

3 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

I hope the police dump the cars into the sea to make a home for fish.

...said the envious Farang to the street vendor whilst slurping his noodle soup. :smile:

33 minutes ago, Sigma6 said:

They are published in thai media, and online. 

You pay 100000b to attend (refundable) but i guess thats just to ensure you are serious. 

No bargains to be had, the dealers bid up to near market value, so you might 'save' 200k....

i understand what you are saying but these dealers here in Thailand dont work on a 200,000 mark up on car like these they like to have 1 million in them

8 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Time for the Taiwan solution. They "invite" the owners and scrapyard enthusiasts when they publicly destroy luxury cars imported without tax. You may find some tear jerking pics on the web... 

These wont be crushed.

9 raids 122 luxury cars seized! I smell BIG trouble in Luxury Land. I guess they could use the old "the brown envelopes got lost in the mail" excuse. There has been a serious disconnect here somewhere. 

Edited by elgordo38

Stay tuned for auction date, if you to  have money to burn,

There may be an auction - there again some may well "be spoken for", and disposed of "creatively".

It does appear that someone has upset the system doesn't it. I wonder if it is a question of showing "new money" where the boundaries are...

Just musing aloud really about the sudden enthusiasm for enforcing the law.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Naam said:

...said the envious Farang to the street vendor whilst slurping his noodle soup. :smile:

haha ! exactly what I was thinking ! So many grumpy poor old men on this forum... They have never been able to be successful at anything except complaining about the rich !

12 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

They might be stupid, but for sure smarter than you to be able to make such money ! Ridiculous comment !

10 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Time for the Taiwan solution. They "invite" the owners and scrapyard enthusiasts when they publicly destroy luxury cars imported without tax. You may find some tear jerking pics on the web... 

These cars are "artwork" to many of us and it would be stupid to crush them ,

Make the owners build a museum for the people to admire these cars ,  and  let the owners go to the museum once a month , start them up ,  hear the VROOM VROOM , take a few selfies  and  go home until the next month ,

When the promised new government shows up , they can make a new deal.......that will be in ummm 2 years ....or 10

or have a big car lottery , one car a month and use the money for schools

3 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

They might be stupid, but for sure smarter than you to be able to make such money ! Ridiculous comment !

Yes, I hear the Red Bull heir is a member of MENSA International. He has lots of supercars, Steven Hawking must be shitting himself.

Edited by Laab Muu