Gracelands - Anyone visited ?

Hi All

This is a longshot but I am looking for anyone who has visited Elvis Presley's mansion, Gracelands in Memphis and picked up a souvenir brochure.

The reason is way back when in the UK, around the year 2000, I visited a tattoo parlour where the owner was a bit of a rock n roll fan, the same as me. I wanted a tatto of Elvis and he had the Gracelands souvenir book so I looked through it, photo copied a picture, which he then traced the outline on to my leg and did all the filling in by hand from looking at the photo. At first the colours where bright and sharp, even down to his white fingernails and brown shoes, now after 10 years in the sun in Saudi and over 5 years living in shorts here, the colours have all faded away so I want to have it touched up over here. However, over the passage of time and several moves I have lost the photo copy of the original photo which I want to take to a tattoo artist here.

The photo is quite a rare one as he was on tour in Canada and was wearing his gold lame jacket but with a pair of black trousers, not the gold ones. He is holding his guitar 'upright' with one hand, not playing it, with his other arm out and legs apart like he is doing one of his dance moves.

So basically I am looking for a copy of that photo. Can anyone make my day ??????

1957-april-3-ottawa-12.jpg

OttawaStage5RC.jpg

Edited by YorkshireTyke
Insert similar photos

Hi pgrahmm

Thanks for taking the time to look. I see on Ebay there are different editions, what year is yours ? I had my tattoo done around 2000 so it will have been from a book before then. I can't remember anything about the book, just the photo was in the outfit you show, the same as the ones I've posted, in canada. I'm wondering if it is the one I've posted above and the artist drew the guitar in a different position so it didn't cover Elvis' body. I do remember him saying something about not showing the strap of the guitar and the more I look now at the position of his left hand in the first photo I posted that could be the one, without the microphone also.

The book shows initial printing in 2002 & updated in 2003.....

So I was there somewhere around then -  actually think 2006 - 2007 - so the book had been out for awhile...

CharlieH you are a star, that is the exact photo although I don't remember the drums in the original and if they were the artist ignored them. I did many searches for images using the words elvis, gold lame jacket canada etc but only came up with the ones I posted above. I do remember him saying he would leave the strap of the guitar off and you can see why as it is in front of his face.

Thanks again to you and pgrahmm for your efforts.