British police says responding to serious incident at Manchester Arena

webfact

5 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

It was the incoherent nonsense you posted earlier about "Savergy" which instantly switched me off doing any research. If you want people to go and look at suggested documents, it might be worth getting their name as nearly right as you can manage, so that they can follow up on it.

Plus there's the stuff about the Daily Mail or Mirror, which we still haven't got to the bottom of.

Already answered on mis-spelling. however re-posted a prior post with media source corrected. To further clarify the newspaper used the exact same quotes posted by you.

I reference the Daily Mirror as it was the source publication a few days ago which quotes info that been known for years as though it's some form of recent revelation.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Actually, I am going to report you for several matters. You've had it coming for a while now.

Really grouse?

I received a 'holiday'  twice - once for emboldening parts of the quoted post (to which I was responding) and the other time for only quoting part of a post - again, the part to which I was responding....

Thanks to posters like you that are happy to report any and every perceived grievance (or excuse to accuse another poster with whom they disagree - of breaking forum rules)....

Its sad when posters are unable to argue against the points raised, and instead prefer to rely on getting posters banned on 'technical' issues :sad:.

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Already answered on mis-spelling. however re-posted a prior post with media source corrected. To further clarify the newspaper used the exact same quotes posted by you.

I reference the Daily Mirror as it was the source publication a few days ago which quotes info that been known for years as though it's some form of recent revelation.

OK, I'm not going to pursue this any further, it's getting sillier by the minute. I have no interest in what the Daily Mirror says.

But I shall read the Management of Savergy with interest.

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

there are 1.8 billion Muslims, you can't accuse them all of apologising for the atrocities committed in their name

maybe you should read the Koran

killing innocent children is strictly forbidden

the nutter in Manchester justified his attack by deluding himself he was dying in battle against the enemy

in this case children!

(there are not 1.8 billion terrorists)

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

As ex military, you must be familiar with ARRSE.

You should read what members there think of Campion; they consider him a self aggrandising walt who uses tragedies such as this to publicise his books.

I can only assume Sky News interviewed him because as a 24 hour news channel they have time to fill and no one else was available.

I agree with him whole heartedly and so do very many of my left wing, softie, academic friends. It really is enough. Children were targeted. Sow the wind, reep the whirlwind. 

7 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

maybe you should read the Koran

killing innocent children is strictly forbidden

the nutter in Manchester justified his attack by deluding himself he was dying in battle against the enemy

in this case children!

(there are not 1.8 billion terrorists)

What is the definition of a child in the koran? I don't do Arabic 

Nobody is saying there are 1.8 billion terrorists. However, two old Muslims expressing distaste do not necessarily reflect the majority. Let's see some huge demonstrations on the streets of England. Come on, millions of you....

16 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Really grouse?

I received a 'holiday'  twice - once for emboldening parts of the quoted post (to which I was responding) and the other time for only quoting part of a post - again, the part to which I was responding....

Thanks to posters like you that are happy to report any and every perceived grievance (or excuse to accuse another poster with whom they disagree - of breaking forum rules)....

Its sad when posters are unable to argue against the points raised, and instead prefer to rely on getting posters banned on 'technical' issues :sad:.

That's not fair Dick.

My issues are more substantial than that. 

For example quoting me and then inserting a change is really below the line. (Particularly when the change is aimed at framing me)

I am here for informative discussion and, on occasion, to learn something!

I have been suspended several times and now I do try to follow the rules both verbatim and intent.

Obviously the murder of children is a sensitive matter and I appreciate the leniency shown by Mods.

However, there are limits. 

It is an interesting, if arcane, fact that second person singular and plural are both "you".

I did not direct my comments at a person but at a group (but not all). I reserve my right to voice my honest opinions.

I have posted a report maybe 4 times in two years. This largely as recommended, rather than retorting.

As a famous fence sitter, you must find it amusing that I am sometimes on one side of your fence and sometimes the other?

Now, if you will excuse me, back to the thread ?

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

That's not fair Dick.

My issues are more substantial than that. 

For example quoting me and then inserting a change is really below the line. (Particularly when the change is aimed at framing me)

I am here for informative discussion and, on occasion, to learn something!

I have been suspended several times and now I do try to follow the rules both verbatim and intent.

Obviously the murder of children is a sensitive matter and I appreciate the leniency shown by Mods.

However, there are limits. 

It is an interesting, if arcane, fact that second person singular and plural are both "you".

I did not direct my comments at a person but at a group (but not all). I reserve my right to voice my honest opinions.

I have posted a report maybe 4 times in two years. This largely as recommended, rather than retorting.

As a famous fence sitter, you must find it amusing that I am sometimes on one side of your fence and sometimes the other?

Now, if you will excuse me, back to the thread ?

I was purely responding to your reporting another poster - as I still hold a mild grudge against those who gained me suspensions over technicalities... grrrr...... :laugh:

You're quite right in that I'm generally a 'fence sitter' - as when it comes to politics and terrorism its better to look at the CAUSES rather than pursue the simple hate/insult response.

7 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I was purely responding to your reporting another poster - as I still hold a mild grudge against those who gained me suspensions over technicalities... grrrr...... :laugh:

You're quite right in that I'm generally a 'fence sitter' - as when it comes to politics and terrorism its better to look at the CAUSES rather than pursue the simple hate/insult response.

I think John Lennon hit the nail on the head when he said "they blow us up, we sing 'Imagine'

1 hour ago, onthesoi said:

<deleted>, dry your eyes, you sound about 14yo.

You have a cheek reporting anyone after the catalog of shameful Islamaphobic comments you've made in this thread, banning halal food and demolishing entire muslim communities to name just a few.

Wow, must be quiet in multicultural Bradford to day. How about a quality post on the thread subject instead of trying to flame other members?

19 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

When I'm sitting on a fence, I look to see if there's any barbed wire on top, or bird shit, and then perch precariously before the rail invariably snaps and I fall on my sense of humour ?

The Manchester bomber apparently considered himself a victim of "Islamophobia" — he complained along those lines about a schoolteacher who asked him his views on Middle East conflicts.

Who created and stoked his anger at "Islamophobia"? We did, or rather the media and government did. As Brendan O'Neill puts it:

"When politicians and the media and the Islamophobia industry constantly tell Muslims they're under threat and that everything from jokes about Muhammad to criticism of the hijab is "Islamophobia", it is not surprising that some come to see themselves as victims, as being under siege, as basically on a war footing against the rest of us.

"We tell them society hates them, and what happens? They start to hate society."

Political correctness in action.

Please don't discuss the rules in the open forum.   Here's a link to them:  https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

The portion you are arguing about is in the netiquette at the end of the rules:

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

Now back to the topic, please.  

Well, you got me!

The Central African Congo. Appalling violence. I thoroughly condemn it without hesitation.

As a devout atheist I abhor all religious violence. Abraham must be rotating in his grave to see how all the religions descended from him behave.

Now, back to the topic. The murder of kids in darkest central Manchester.

Rather than vigils to show no support for the terrorists committing these despicable murders in the name of islam, it would be a real eye opener for these extremists if Muslims simply rejected their religion & became atheists.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Rather than vigils to show no support for the terrorists committing these despicable murders in the name of islam, it would be a real eye opener for these extremists if Muslims simply rejected their religion & became atheists.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What, and be labeled terrorists by the Saudis? 555

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

"Meanwhile, police said they had so far found no record of any calls to the anti-terrorist hotline about Abedi."

From BBC News

So that's a bit odd. All those claims from the community that he had been reported! My elbow.

13 hours ago, Grouse said:

"Meanwhile, police said they had so far found no record of any calls to the anti-terrorist hotline about Abedi."

From BBC News

So that's a bit odd. All those claims from the community that he had been reported! My elbow.

After more than 20 years of living amongst ,working with and doing business with Muslims i can only say ,they stick together and as one told me "never trust us ,you are not one of us" then he laughed . anyone who thinks that they care about us is deluded .most dont even care about other sects in their religion ,it is medeivil

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Previously deleted flame - why do you repeat such negative behaviour?

It was not intended as a flame. I did not know my post was deleted, I assumed I had not pressed post.

There were multiple statements previously saying that members of the community including an Imam had reported this person to the antiterrorism hot line. What should we infer from this now? That MI5 are lying? To what negative behaviour are you referring?

Nothing would please me more than to hear that the communities were indeed trying to protect their fellow men from such attacks. I was disappointed at the news.

18 hours ago, Grouse said:

From BBC News

Just did a search of BBC news website, only thing that came up is " MI5 is to hold an inquiry into the way it dealt with warnings from the public that the Manchester suicide bomber, Salman Abedi, was a potential threat.  The security service, which was alerted to Abedi's extremist views three times prior to last Monday's attack, will examine how it dealt with the warnings. "

From 29 May, http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40080646

Edit, just found your quote here, http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40122572.

According to that article the calls were made 5 years ago, would there still be records of those calls, and if so, would they be able to find them?

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Just did a search of BBC news website, only thing that came up is " MI5 is to hold an inquiry into the way it dealt with warnings from the public that the Manchester suicide bomber, Salman Abedi, was a potential threat.  The security service, which was alerted to Abedi's extremist views three times prior to last Monday's attack, will examine how it dealt with the warnings. "

From 29 May, http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40080646

Edit, just found your quote here, http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40122572.

According to that article the calls were made 5 years ago, would there still be records of those calls, and if so, would they be able to find them?

The anti terrorist hotline was established in Feb 2012. That happens to be 5 years ago.

I can still access emails from 20 years ago using various search criteria.

So the claim is now that he was allegedly reported 5 years ago (at age 17) according to a community worker,  and MI5 have not kept the records

Hmmm!

Archived