tracking an international letter-parsel

chado

I ordered a small parcel from my country. It left it a few days ago. I could track it while it was in my country by a track number, but not in Thailand. I've tried https://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx:, but it wasn't  found

Maybe it's being shipped via Hong Kong? I have no idea.

The thing is that I'm leaving Thailand in a couple of days. Where to look for it and how to speed it up?

Edited by chado

Good luck with this. I receive airmail letters from Canada in 10 days.

Last year I was returning to Canada and ask a friend to send me a leg bag for my catheter. He sent it by traceable mail. He traced it to Thailand took 10 days after that could not track . He sent 6 weeks before I had to go. I was in Canada for 3 weeks. The large envelope he sent got to me a week after I returned. Seems they hold trackable some where for ever.

3 hours ago, chado said:

I ordered a small parcel from my country.

Might help if  you name the country !

I have had two registered letters to the US returned to me after I lost them in tracking.  One was stamped  UNCLAIMED and the other COULD NOT FIND ADDRESS when they were returned to me in Thailand.   Both were lost after entering US Customs according to tracking

Interesting that the same documents to the same addresses were delivered seamlessly just using regular, non traceable mail.  So my problem concerned the US mail system not Thailand.  Also tracking (in the US) seems to slow the process down considerably so now I just send documents regular international air mail so the receiver doesn't have to wait 30 days to get something, which is the normal transit time for registered mail that goes through US Customs  

9 hours ago, chado said:

I ordered a small parcel from my country. It left it a few days ago. I could track it while it was in my country by a track number, but not in Thailand. I've tried https://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx:, but it wasn't  found

Maybe it's being shipped via Hong Kong? I have no idea.

The thing is that I'm leaving Thailand in a couple of days. Where to look for it and how to speed it up?

If something was dispatched "a few days ago" regardless of how close the country is, it will probably still be in transit.

Foreign tracking numbers will appear in Thailand Post tracking once the package has been cleared inbound by Thailand Post at Laksi post office which is beside Don Muang airport and BEFORE any Thai Customs clearance. Once cleared by Customs (usually same-day), stuff can take an extra 3-5 days to be delivered in Bangkok and 7-10 days for  main provincial addresses.

1 hour ago, chado said:

arrived. I left Thailand in the evening and it arrived right the next morning to my hotel.

That's the Murphy's Law of mail forwarding.

Almost happened to me with an urgent package marked for delivery to me c/o the Hilton at Gatwick airport before an evening flight departure. The hotel front desk didn't make it any easier by saying that once I checked out at noon, they couldn't accept anything in my name that will be arriving in the afternoon. Faced with either being charging an extra day or them declining to accept the package even as I lurked in their lobby bar, I bunged a fiver to the Bell Captain who was happy to assume my identity for the afternoon.

Trust that someone at the hotel can either hold it for you or forward it.