Dozens of aboriginal Australians walk out of meeting at Uluru in dispute over recognition

webfact

But there vision of change, adaption and transformation may not necessarily be the same as the version of the relative new comers.

Same is true for native Americans, Canadians, and Maoris. Why do we, Westerners, always assume that all other cultures should share our vision i.e. the 21 st century living we have created? 

The australian first peoples got royally screwed by Colonialism but arguably almost every country in the world besides Iceland and Japan (arguable) was STOLEN by some other group in fairly recent history. At a certainty point we have to accept personal responsibility for ones own circumstances, admit it is almost 2020 and stop playing the victim card for crimes long past.

Go live a traditional lifestyle in the bush, or Native American reservation in our case. Don't expect me to pay for it through income taxes for wasteful programs and welfare.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Ok give the Abbos back halve of the country and take away their Government money and their boats and guns and their fishing nets and their houses,,,, That's their life,,, Send them back in the Bush.You will see they will squeal and cry and jump up and down that they can't live like that.They want there own life back That's what it is. Nothing else .

Half the country means half the wealth also not just the land ;)

50 minutes ago, digger70 said:

What do you mean,they had nothing than a hut, no houses no cars no nothing.let them go back to their own culture. The white man thought them and they learned Nothing .Every business I have seen in Northern Queensland   that has been run by Abbos has gone under ,Same as Uluru The Abbos took charge of that and Stuffed it up and they hired the White man to save and run it.

Walgett (NSW) Aboriginal Land Council bought the local pub, and their best customers stopped paying. IIRC it was about 3 months before they brought in experienced management.

They also bought a property out of town, sold the stock, and were using it as a dry-out facility when their best customers got a bit wobbly. A million dollar drunk tank.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

What do you mean,they had nothing than a hut, no houses no cars no nothing.let them go back to their own culture.

Everything the white Australians created, built, imported etc came from Aboriginal lands ....tbh I was being generous by offering you 50% as a settlement.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

What do you mean,they had nothing than a hut, no houses no cars no nothing.let them go back to their own culture. The white man thought them and they learned Nothing .Every business I have seen in Northern Queensland   that has been run by Abbos has gone under ,Same as Uluru The Abbos took charge of that and Stuffed it up and they hired the White man to save and run it.

What exactly did the white man try to teach them? What exactly can you teach them when they have lived in complete harmony with their environment for 50K years. Perhaps it was the white men that needed to be taught something themselves. Everyone always thinks 'we know best and we know what's best for you' when the truth is we actually know the square root of cock all. Like the Native American, the whites gave nothing and took everything. It's our mess and it needs cleaning up. The whites are directly responsible for the circumstances that led to the huge problem of chronic alcoholism in the indigenous population and the introduction of western alcohol to an ancient people with the genetic 'on switch' but no 'off switch' when it comes to drinking doesn't ease the problem.

On 5/25/2017 at 4:22 PM, Andaman Al said:

'Quite generous' - really? Destroy their culture, take their land and give them dollars when for 50 000 years they were happy and never needed dollars.

Perhaps the first step is for white Australians to realise and truly understand what was taken from the Aborigines  and to stop treating them with disdain. The prejudice in Australia is still rampant in parts and is equally as entrenched as the prejudice in the USA against blacks.

Pick any man in the street in any country that has a proud and efficient way of life. Take away his land and home and property, take away his means of feeding and supporting his family, take away his right to do anything or freely move around the country he has always lived in, enslave many of his people to do meagre work and disrespect the spiritual beliefs he may have had since time immemorial and I guarantee that in the time that man has left, sitting on his ass doing nothing all day he will take to the bottle and drink himself stupid so he can forget all he has lost. That is what we started 200 years ago and now you expect a whole race of people to respond in 30 years because we throw dollars at them and there is no immediate response. It shows one of the main problems that you and maybe others suffer from when trying to find a solution - you do not understand them, you do not understand what they had and what was taken from them, and that is not a criticism, it is just a fact. I am the same, how can I possibly truly understand their situation, I have never been remotely close to being in their situation. Just sayin. 

Well i got this far into it & that was enough

They wouldn't have this land (nor would the settellers) if it weren't for the yanks & ect defeating Japan

Seen a comment "don't know who they are " - Might want to check the Civil Service pay roll or the Social Securety office

& they have absolute access to everything without question

Even have their own employment agencies where it states Indiginous people only so that cuts my job hunting down

17 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

What exactly did the white man try to teach them? What exactly can you teach them when they have lived in complete harmony with their environment for 50K years. Perhaps it was the white men that needed to be taught something themselves. Everyone always thinks 'we know best and we know what's best for you' when the truth is we actually know the square root of cock all. Like the Native American, the whites gave nothing and took everything. It's our mess and it needs cleaning up. The whites are directly responsible for the circumstances that led to the huge problem of chronic alcoholism in the indigenous population and the introduction of western alcohol to an ancient people with the genetic 'on switch' but no 'off switch' when it comes to drinking doesn't ease the problem.

Yes, compare to white Europeans who have trashed the planet in less than 500 years, but still see their euro culture as somehow being superior lols.

9 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

And you apply for the same jobs as indigenous folks do you?

No not on there employment site even though its the same type of work i do & why cant i as there's nothing stopping them from applying for the same jobs i do on any other employment site

8 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

And you apply for the same jobs as indigenous folks do you?

Funny thing is, they are not still noble stone age savages walking around naked and living " in complete harmony with their environment" (BS). They hold jobs matched to their education level, be that doctor lawyer, mechanic, truckie. My SIL is a heavy machinery operator, mostly bulldozers, in the Hunter Valley mines, and the training was done through Centrelink, and a subsidy paid on his early employment.

Just now, halloween said:

They hold jobs matched to their education level, be that doctor lawyer, mechanic, truckie. My SIL is a heavy machinery operator, mostly bulldozers, in the Hunter Valley mines, and the training was done through Centrelink, and a subsidy paid on his early employment.

Excellent.

8 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Yes, compare to white Europeans who have trashed the planet in less than 500 years, but still see their euro culture as somehow being superior lols.

Well yes, a lot better having invented clothing for a start. Abos took that right off.

On 2017-5-25 at 4:22 PM, Andaman Al said:

'Quite generous' - really? Destroy their culture, take their land and give them dollars when for 50 000 years they were happy and never needed dollars.

Perhaps the first step is for white Australians to realise and truly understand what was taken from the Aborigines  and to stop treating them with disdain. The prejudice in Australia is still rampant in parts and is equally as entrenched as the prejudice in the USA against blacks.

Pick any man in the street in any country that has a proud and efficient way of life. Take away his land and home and property, take away his means of feeding and supporting his family, take away his right to do anything or freely move around the country he has always lived in, enslave many of his people to do meagre work and disrespect the spiritual beliefs he may have had since time immemorial and I guarantee that in the time that man has left, sitting on his ass doing nothing all day he will take to the bottle and drink himself stupid so he can forget all he has lost. That is what we started 200 years ago and now you expect a whole race of people to respond in 30 years because we throw dollars at them and there is no immediate response. It shows one of the main problems that you and maybe others suffer from when trying to find a solution - you do not understand them, you do not understand what they had and what was taken from them, and that is not a criticism, it is just a fact. I am the same, how can I possibly truly understand their situation, I have never been remotely close to being in their situation. Just sayin. 

That is a very profound statement you make. And totally lacking credibility.

Firstly, the prejudice in US started against the Indigenous Americans, long before the . your words "blacks". You have no idea how many people you have offended already.

Second, the French and  Russians were prowling around The South Land and judging by their efforts the native Aussies may have had worse encounters than the Poms./

Third is to stop saying white and "black" or whatever. We are all in one boat, we all have to solve this together.

Four is that the aborigines are provided with a "welfare " system that means that most of them need not work or have any further expectations. A kind of reverse racism.

Take away the need of a productive need in life and you destroy incentive. I could go on.

It takes two sides to solve a problem and it is more than a problem, it is an entire culture at risk. Many "white" hands have reached out, we have yet to strike an accord.

13 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

That is a very profound statement you make. And totally lacking credibility.

Firstly, the prejudice in US started against the Indigenous Americans, long before the . your words "blacks". You have no idea how many people you have offended already.

Second, the French and  Russians were prowling around The South Land and judging by their efforts the native Aussies may have had worse encounters than the Poms./

Third is to stop saying white and "black" or whatever. We are all in one boat, we all have to solve this together.

Four is that the aborigines are provided with a "welfare " system that means that most of them need not work or have any further expectations. A kind of reverse racism.

Take away the need of a productive need in life and you destroy incentive. I could go on.

It takes two sides to solve a problem and it is more than a problem, it is an entire culture at risk. Many "white" hands have reached out, we have yet to strike an accord.

:huh:  Profound: (of a person or statement) having or showing great knowledge or insight. and then you say lacking credibility?? Make your mind up, which one is it?

'Firstly' - I was not talking about when prejudice started was I. I said that the current prejudice in Australia is as equally entrenched as it is in the USA against blacks. - And no i have no idea how many people I have offended already, so how many is it can you tell me? Why is it offensive to say black in relation to prejudice? "Black lives matter', the 'black panthers', 'The Metropolitan Police Black Police Officers Federation' - Why are those organisations allowed to use the term Black and it is not offensive, but if I use it you say it is?

Second - No idea what you are talking about

Third - so if I stop saying white or black what should I say? Educate me. How do we say who is discriminating against who?

Fourth - welfare systems exist all over the world and it does not result in your 'reverse racism' whatever that is.

Fifth - " and it is more than a problem, it is an entire culture at risk" - which is exactly what I have said. -  I have no idea what point you are trying to make or why you are replying.

13 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Everything the white Australians created, built, imported etc came from Aboriginal lands ....tbh I was being generous by offering you 50% as a settlement.

Get Real ,,what a Laugh,,

13 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Get serious ,I lived and worked with them ,End of Story.

I see plenty of criticism levelled at the white man for the treatment and current situation of the Aboriginals, but not one possible solution. Very easy to sit on the sidelines and throw rocks.

16 hours ago, onthesoi said:

Half the country means half the wealth also not just the land ;)

What wealth? They already get paid handsome royalties for any mining on their land. You want the working Australians to give them half their savings and assets as well?

On 25/05/2017 at 4:35 PM, Andaman Al said:

.......... but government organisers did not know who they were     :wink:

Until Australia do something profound to give these people their dignity back in exchange for their land and culture that was taken, this problem will persist. I don't know what the solution is, but if it is to be effective it will likely cost a huge amount of money, and Australia has the natural resources to do it.

It can't cost more than the FIFTY SEVEN ThOUSAND DOLLARS spent on each one of them every year can it?