Heavy rain warning for 36 provinces

rooster59

Heavy rain warning for 36 provinces

By The Nation

The Meteorological Department on Saturday issued a warning to people in 36 provinces to brace themselves for heavy rains on Saturday and Sunday.

The department said heavy rains would be unleashed by the influence of an active low pressure over the lower part of the Bay of Bengal together with the strong southwest monsoon prevailing across the Andaman Sea and Thailand. The low pressure is expected to move up to the upper part of the bay and Myanmar during Saturday to Monday.

In its 15th warning, issued at 5am on Saturday, there is forecast of heavy rains in the following provinces:

North: Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Lampang, Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Phetchabun, Kamphaeng Phet and Tak. 

Northeast: Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram, Surin, Si Sa Ket and Ubon Ratchathani. 

Central: Ratchaburi, Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Ayutthaya, as well as Bangkok and its vicinity. 

East: Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi, and Trat.

South: Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Ranong, Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi and Trang.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30316476

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-27

I think with that role call of Provinces  we could get a better picture if they just listed the one or two left hi and dry...lol. But i guess that would have shortened the editorial to only one or two lines.

It is always interesting how accurate the meterology is here. Is it really that difficult? 

I cannot count the number of HUGE storms that have been a surprise. Like today. The flooding in Bkk is up to car door from rain that started at 130 pm and has not stopped. It is 245pm now. S

Whereas yesterday big warning but only small rain or none. 

I dont expect it to the minute or amount but only rarely do they get forecast correct. I dont care about rain in Chainat although I know some people do. In Bkk there are 10 million ppl and about 30 pct of the GDP. 

Could the weather be forecast better?

I must give credit to thai met . While there forecasts are vage they are the only source that has been calling for bad weather in phuket for a month running now.and they have been very acurate. 

My regular soarces with much more detailed reports wind guru and buoy weather are so off on predictions they are useless.  I am discusted with these .usually they are at least in the same ball park but not for months now.

They are computer generated but thai met is also but they interpret the data correctly.

Saw some ugly, red hot storm blobs all around us on Windytv.com but only got a few sprinkles in my corner of Nakhon Ratchasima. Forecast into next week doesn't look very ominous either. 

I know it sounds cynical and this isn't an exact science, but seems we get heavy rain without Met Office warnings, and none, or very little, when they say it's going to hammer down.  

dunno-dog-i-dunno-lol.jpg.c3e6f92c9742580d2f14932616fe40a1.jpg

The Monsoon season pretty much came around 2-3 weeks ago, VERY early this year. I mentioned in the Hua Hin board that this year all of the plants and trees withheld their green colour this year, none of them becoming so dry and withered 

4 hours ago, DavoTheGun said:

Well that is about all of Thailand!

LOL. That's what I thought. They may as well have said - Heavy Rain Warning For Thailand.

i dont like may - june weather in thailand ,   too unpredictable.        last week in pattaya had heavy rain and winds and many farang wearing sweaters and carrying umberellas and one guy i seen his umberella blow right out of his hand,  next day it was boiling hot,  that hot i needed to go back to my hotel after 10 minutes outside.      i sat in the bar with 2 fans on me and i was still sweating like mad

43 minutes ago, JustNo said:

The Monsoon season pretty much came around 2-3 weeks ago, VERY early this year. I mentioned in the Hua Hin board that this year all of the plants and trees withheld their green colour this year, none of them becoming so dry and withered 

Would the same principle work on my girlfriend if I stood her outside in the rain all night?

53 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

....and it comes as a total surprise and makes the headlines every year...*yawn*

You might *yawn* at this but this is the earliest wet season I and my Thai friends have known. If it keeps up there may be big problems. 

1 hour ago, pumpjack said:

i dont like may - june weather in thailand ,   too unpredictable.        last week in pattaya had heavy rain and winds and many farang wearing sweaters and carrying umberellas and one guy i seen his umberella blow right out of his hand,  next day it was boiling hot,  that hot i needed to go back to my hotel after 10 minutes outside.      i sat in the bar with 2 fans on me and i was still sweating like mad

Sorry to hear that .Must have been awful for you

4 hours ago, pumpjack said:

We'll get right on it and fix it just for you PJ!