Most Thais believe Bangkok hospital bomb attack was aimed at junta: poll

rooster59

Most Thais believe Bangkok hospital bomb attack was aimed at junta: poll

By THE SUNDAY NATION

fee4d924bd3df4c04d1ee41d74322d5b.jpeg

An explosive ordnance disposal expert from the Metropolitan Police Bureau displays a grenade launcher during yesterday’s training of security volunteers, to familiarise them with different types of devices, at Thammasat University.

MOST PEOPLE surveyed last week in a public opinion poll believed that Monday’s bomb explosion at Phramongkutklao Hospital was politically motivated and intended to discredit the ruling junta.

More than 78 per cent of respondents said they believed the blast was related to politics while 73 per cent saw it as an attempt to discredit the post-coup government and National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) junta.

Just over 70 per cent said they thought the attack was aimed at defying the power of the governing junta, according to results of the Dusit Poll released yesterday. The bomb blast left 25 people injured.

The survey was conducted by the research arm of Suan Dusit Rajabhat University between Tuesday and Friday. A total of 1,157 respondents in all regions of the country were asked to assess the performance of the NCPO-led government after three years in power.

About 82 per cent of the respondents viewed the series of bomb explosions in Bangkok over the past month as being intended to create public disturbances.

Of those surveyed, 77 per cent said they wanted the government to step up security measures and to ensure intelligence was more reliable.

More than 73 per cent of the respondents urged the government to bring the perpetrators to trial, while 63 per cent wanted more information on bomb attacks to be released to the public.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316517

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-28

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

A total of 1,157 respondents in all regions of the country were asked to assess the performance of the NCPO-led government after three years in power.

I guess the results weren't too good then as they are not mentioned in the story, only numbers regarding this incident and security in general.

The joys of having a muzzled press.

Most Thais "believe" in all sorts of mumbo jumbo...doesnt make it true.

The real hidden meaning though is here 

"Of those surveyed, 77 per cent said they wanted the government to step up security measures and to ensure intelligence was more reliable".

Edited by kannot

and old left liberal social justice warriors of TVF certainly don't like what Thai people think. who dare they think not what teacher from the US and EU are telling them?

that populists, buying votes and looting the country, are certainly good and can't kill their own people.  because the majority can't be wrong.

Edited by Matt96

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

More than 78 per cent of respondents said they believed the blast was related to politics while 73 per cent saw it as an attempt to discredit the post-coup government and National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) junta.

What a brilliant analysis. Who says the Thai education system does not work...?

Unlike some foreigners (who appear to prefer to rush back to a Chavez or Hun-Sen etc style  'democracy' ) the Thai people are well aware of who's behind multiple similar attacks since 2006.

Edited by sujoop

18 minutes ago, sujoop said:

Unlike some foreigners (who appear to prefer to rush back to a Chavez or Hun-Sen etc style  'democracy' ) the Thai people are well aware of who's behind multiple similar attacks since 2006.

Psst I am going out to buy a lottery ticket can you give me some "winning" numbers??

16 minutes ago, Tatsujin said:

ok, so in this amazing poll, who exactly did they think did it?

1. Anti-Junta

2. Anti-Monarchy

3. Anti-Military

4. Southern Insurgents

5. The usual "red" suspects

6. The Junta themselves

There you go again leaving the best till last. 

1 hour ago, Matt96 said:

and old left liberal social justice warriors of TVF certainly don't like what Thai people think. who dare they think not what teacher from the US and EU are telling them?

that populists, buying votes and looting the country, are certainly good and can't kill their own people.  because the majority can't be wrong.

Are you against social justice? 

Seems the Thais are far more sensible then the farangs on here who are thinking about false flag operations and so on. Like they would target a room named after one of the highest in the junta and make him lose face. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The real question is, when are these guys going to step down? The very excuse they used for clinging to power is now satisfied. Right? It was all about a peaceful transition. So? What now? When? 

They should step down.. that is for sure .. and step down when they promised they would step down. Enough is enough. 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems the Thais are far more sensible then the farangs on here who are thinking about false flag operations and so on. Like they would target a room named after one of the highest in the junta and make him lose face. 

That is just what the others do in many other country's is it not? Kill Rape and murder their own then use properganda to send idiots of a low IQ to places like Manchester.

So what do the other lot want?  Well a few who claim to be religious take over a country and the income, they come up with laws to to make you do as they want and decided that you have no rights and have to give them a % of your income say no and you die as millions have.

These people fill the heads of the young with crap and get them to follow Ideology that suits the leaders as it makes them rich and gives them power.

This lot here are doing the same and the photo above says it all War Weapons, what the hell, why are these weapons being shown like this, except to scare the shit out of people and who is showing the weapons, J boys and crew by the looks of things.

The big problem here is the lies, many can see through the scam, but too afraid to do anything.

I hope you have a back up plan as in time even you will need it mate. 12.5EU an hour with cheap offices, enjoy it while it lasts and that will not be too long.

Size is not everything, many fear it, but others know just how lame some are.

4 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

That is just what the others do in many other country's is it not? Kill Rape and murder their own then use properganda to send idiots of a low IQ to places like Manchester.

So what do the other lot want?  Well a few who claim to be religious take over a country and the income, they come up with laws to to make you do as they want and decided that you have no rights and have to give them a % of your income say no and you die as millions have.

These people fill the heads of the young with crap and get them to follow Ideology that suits the leaders as it makes them rich and gives them power.

This lot here are doing the same and the photo above says it all War Weapons, what the hell, why are these weapons being shown like this, except to scare the shit out of people and who is showing the weapons, J boys and crew by the looks of things.

The big problem here is the lies, many can see through the scam, but too afraid to do anything.

I hope you have a back up plan as in time even you will need it mate. 12.5EU an hour with cheap offices, enjoy it while it lasts and that will not be too long.

Size is not everything, many fear it, but others know just how lame some are.

It must be great to be back in the real world being able to smoke heavy shit.. please give me something of what your smoking must be strong stuff as your not making any sense at all. 

Just now, robblok said:

It must be great to be back in the real world being able to smoke heavy shit.. please give me something of what your smoking must be strong stuff as your not making any sense at all. 

As I said in the past Robo I hate the stuff and those who use it, In the past I have handed them over to the justices and always will not a problem with me, If I see it going on I will call my old mates and the size of the people doing it not a problem.

PS spend a bit of time correcting the English on the site, looks good but needs some work, my team can do for you but not at 12.5eu an hour.

Have a good day mate I am off to the Garden Center again, you should see my garden and no drugs anywhere, your welcome to visit anytime, but leave the weed at home as you know what I am like. Phone Old mates, The nick.

I just asked a Thai lady about that thing that went bang and who did it in her opinion, She came back J boys again.

Strange numbers.

99% of the people up our way think it's self inflicted.

A firecracker in a flowerpot...

Designed for publicity not to kill or injure.

Obvious my missus says - the men in green.

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

As I said in the past Robo I hate the stuff and those who use it, In the past I have handed them over to the justices and always will not a problem with me, If I see it going on I will call my old mates and the size of the people doing it not a problem.

PS spend a bit of time correcting the English on the site, looks good but needs some work, my team can do for you but not at 12.5eu an hour.

Have a good day mate I am off to the Garden Center again, you should see my garden and no drugs anywhere, your welcome to visit anytime, but leave the weed at home as you know what I am like. Phone Old mates, The nick.

I just asked a Thai lady about that thing that went bang and who did it in her opinion, She came back J boys again.

Oh your talking about my site.. I don't need a better site people come to me because I do my job good all worth of mouth. And the 12,5 is a starting tariff. The amounts I make are quite a bit higher. You should tell me what you were talking about I don't often go to my own site. I told you often I got nothing to hide that is why i did not change my name. 

17 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Strange numbers.

99% of the people up our way think it's self inflicted.

A firecracker in a flowerpot...

Designed for publicity not to kill or injure.

Obvious my missus says - the men in green.

200% here say its the reds.. strange how things vary with the political leaning of the posters. 

22 hours ago, robblok said:

Can you explain to me, how bombing a ROOM named after humpty dumpty, could, in any way, make HD lose face?