Video: Russian couple resist arrest in Pattaya alcohol stop

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Aren't you dreaming about the consequences ? 100k bail and deported ? It won't happen, judges need money too.

Not dreaming at all. No, they will not be deported until after a judge has ruled on the case and they have served any prison time they are given. The bail would have been posted already today and 100k would be the minimum. If they are considered a flight risk, it will be much higher.

Do you think that all foreign criminal cases are dismissed through bribery? If you do, then you need to wake up from your dream. 

Edited by tropo

3 hours ago, SidJames said:

It's On Trappraya Rd going towards Jomtien about 100 yards before the right turn lights to Pratumnak.

I've not seen a check point there before but there is often one the otherside of the road & the otherside of those lights to catch drivers coming up from Jomtien.

What time of night were they stopped?

Ah yes, Thapraya, not theprasit. Yes they sometimes are on both sides of thapraya.

But never seen them on Theprasit.

Edited by bangkokairportlink

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Not dreaming at all. No, they will not be deported until after a judge has ruled on the case and they have served any prison time they are given. The bail would have been posted already today and 100k would be the minimum. If they are considered a flight risk, it will be much higher.

Do you think that all foreign criminal cases are dismissed through bribery? If you do, then you need to wake up from your dream. 

100k is for drug, not for saying F word to the mibs.

And no, they cannot escape withotu their passport.

And no they won't be jailed for this minor offense.

It seems that you imagine that your dreams are realities.

4 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Only you trust stupid articles written by ridiculous journashiite working in Thailand. I wonder if we know 10% of the real story and I am quite sure that we don't.

Follow the thread.... lots of posters commented and followed the entire sorry sage, and I t was well covered locally, with as happy ending as is possible in Thailand. ( if your referencing my reference), it also hit the international news, if your seeking something more reliable than the local rags

regards this one (Russian bear... or did someone confirm that he was from Oslo?). .. the norm here would (sometimes) seem to require a bail somewhere near equivalent to the maximum fine for the offense.... hence postulation of a bail of 100k baht.... this is not to say the fine will be 100k baht

Detention time may simply amount to any time required to get the bail.... if that's within one hour... then it's one hours detention.... it took the Russian fish feeding woman a couple of days... hence a couple of days detention.

i doubt very much that actual "conviction" prison time will apply, but I would expect that his fine will be significant for resisting arrest and being disrespectful to law officials.... I may be wrong... I don't really care either way... but as troppo posted ( I think it was he), this can be followed in court proceeding publications, if your really interested.... or if you think they can be believed

either way.... history has shown significant bail requirements and detention, in Thailand, for what a "normal" person would deem laughable, let alone, as in this case, what a "normal" person would see as an offense worth prosecuting.

3 hours ago, pumpjack said:

thai motobike rental guy told me recently,  

if thais are caught they pay 20k penalty

if farang is caught they pay 50k

Not true. Very drunk English guy had an accident recently on motorbike. 20k fine.

16 hours ago, Radar501 said:

"......She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest......."

Resisting arrest?......Exactly what offence was Comrade Ruski being arrested for in the first place?   

Would swapping seats with the driver not be an initial attempt of deception and perverting the course of justice ?

15 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

So you can tell whats a person is like from a low quality cell phone video?

Eureka - Jesus must have arrived back on earth....

In this case emphatically yes.  (No claims to divinity though;  you're just easily impressed.)

21 hours ago, JamJar said:

If you think that it is ok for them to be driving drunk, then nothing more needs to be said.

At no time did i say that or gave that impression

No doubt you are a virtue of innocence and have never done a single  thing wrong in your many years

Unlike yourself i am not without my flaws and have made a general observation in relation to how people are in general (this does not make them the dregs of society)

Unlike yourself, maybe i won't be going to heaven after all

20 hours ago, Kevbo said:

Sure he's Russian ? Very unusual for them to learn Thai, or even English ....

Looks more Scandinavian to me

Not Scandinavian.

She is the MD, according to their website,  for the Pattaya branch of an unfortunately named "well-known real estate agency in Montenegro with representatives in Serbia and Russia." 

11 minutes ago, Harold the Great said:

Fair enough, you and your friends have your opinions. The only thing I see is she likes to bite!

I don't just have opinions. I have facts...as you can see in the post above yours.

All I can think of is that old Cheech and Chong movie where they try to switch seats in the van when they are getting pulled over by the cop.  They both get stuck and Cheech ends up wedged between Chong and the steering wheel.  "uh hi officer, what's up?"

On 5/30/2017 at 9:08 PM, JamJar said:

I don't just have opinions. I have facts...as you can see in the post above yours.

Ok seriously now. You only have our opinions and the facts can't possibly be completely divulged on this site or through video alone unless one is delusional. I think you only have your opinion and thank you for your opinion and the rest of the world will filter it as they understand. Try and not be so close to the edge of the flat world you live in so you don't fall of the world

On 5/31/2017 at 2:28 AM, gk10002000 said:

All I can think of is that old Cheech and Chong movie where they try to switch seats in the van when they are getting pulled over by the cop.  They both get stuck and Cheech ends up wedged between Chong and the steering wheel.  "uh hi officer, what's up?"

Good sense of humour! I think when Chay and Ying switched somehow the cops did not see Chay stop the car, open the door and run around the car to get in as Ying jumped the seat cause he's just to big to seat jump in the car. This might be a defence for Chay and Ying or Ying Chay or Chay Ying either way its hard to imagine her in heels and him the size of Chara not sustaining injuries during the switch!

12 hours ago, Harold the Great said:

Ok seriously now. You only have our opinions and the facts can't possibly be completely divulged on this site or through video alone unless one is delusional. I think you only have your opinion and thank you for your opinion and the rest of the world will filter it as they understand. Try and not be so close to the edge of the flat world you live in so you don't fall of the world

Read it twice and it is still gobbledegook.

I know the identities of the people involved and i certainly know a lot more than you do. What exactly was the point of your post? I'm not seeing it.

On 2017-5-29 at 0:47 PM, Radar501 said:

"......She is expected to be charged with drink driving while the man will face charges of resisting arrest......."

Resisting arrest?......Exactly what offence was Comrade Ruski being arrested for in the first place?   

Perverting the course of justice if he swapped seats with the female driver for starters