After Merkel rebuke, UK PM May says wants strong partnership with EU

webfact

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

A classic example of a question prompted by motivated reasoning?

I have a question for you: So, if the eventual result is no deal, do you think the nations of the EU should stop sharing security information with the UK?  

The ECJ is the issue

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Baerboxer said:

If this is true it is indeed scandalous. It appears the source is a French newspaper. Has this been followed up by other journalists around the EU? Especially in the UK where this wasn't mentioned during Brexit and could have been?

Interesting enough but how on earth does it relate to the my question to the statement posted by ilostmypassword? 

Hopefully he will respond to my question and enlighten us.

The Leave campaign has been tainted with many lies uttered by your idols Nigel Farage and "Bojo".

It is certain that Mr Farage was not going to reveal that he was perceiving and continuing to perceive advantages on the part of the European Parliament.

for your question : In Britain, you only have low-level newspapers looking for sexual scandals , we, in France ,we have real investigative journalists (The fall of M Fillon is a fine example)

The Leave campaign has been tainted with many lies uttered by your idols Nigel Farage and "Bojo".
It is certain that Mr Farage was not going to reveal that he was perceiving and continuing to perceive advantages on the part of the European Parliament.

for your question : In Britain, you only have low-level newspapers looking for sexual scandals , we, in France ,we have real investigative journalists (The fall of M Fillon is a fine example)

France want to move thier garbage to Poland now. No thxIMG_20170523_194754.jpg

1 minute ago, than said:

What a ridiculous and arrogant response.

France, yeah sure, center of the universe and intellectual capital of the world if it makes you happy. Look at your presidential candidates, a crook a nazi and one who married his teacher. Real class.  Fillon still stood btw. And of course we have those wonderful past and present IMF directors. One a sexual crook the other a convicted fraudster. 

If you had the ability to retain information you'd recall on many discussion threads regarding Brexit I stated that I voted for and supported Remain. I still think the Brexit decision is wrong, totally wrong but have to accept the pathetic way that the government of the day allowed a simple majority vote to decide.

Farage is a despicable toad who lied about things to the electorate, never expected to win, clearly had no idea what to do when he won, and has been milking the EU for has much money and little attendance for years. No wonder he's mates with Trump.

As for the French press you only have to look at the AFP for biased non factual reporting as an example.

Now we'll see what Macron can do to solve the economic, social problems and reform the EU. I won't say make France great again as it never really has been.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

after German Chancellor Angela Merkel suggested the continent could no longer completely rely on Britain.

Actually she mentioned both UK and the USA.

Europe can no longer completely rely on its longstanding British and US allies, Angela Merkel has warned – saying the EU must now be prepared to “take its fate into its own hands”.

the German chancellor suggested the postwar western alliance had been badly undermined by the UK’s Brexit vote and Donald Trump’s election as US president.

May's comment about remaining a "key partner" reeks of desperation and of course the mentally unstable US president who throws temper tantrums is about as dependable as a degree from Trump University.

Reported in Bloomberg from Paxman's interview with Theresa May: “If I was in Brussels,” veteran interviewer Jeremy Paxman put to her on Monday, “I would think you are a blowhard who collapses at the first sign of gunfire.”

39 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

As for the French press you only have to look at the AFP for biased non factual reporting as an example.

I follow Média part and Crosscheck

1 minute ago, than said:

I follow Média part and Crosscheck

I follow the BBC, Al Jazeera, Russia Today, CNBC, CCTV, Australian TV, TV5, Japanese and German media.

Even so, it's getting harder and harder to decide what's real.

44 minutes ago, Xaos said:

France want to move thier garbage to Poland now. No thxIMG_20170523_194754.jpg

France make the work of UK authorities to block migrant to enter in UK with the  Touquet Agreement .

This agreement is a bilateral agreement before France and UK and therefore can not be called into question in relation to brexit

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I follow the BBC, Al Jazeera, Russia Today, CNBC, CCTV, Australian TV, TV5, Japanese and German media.

Even so, it's getting harder and harder to decide what's real.

Media part and crosscheck is just for national news, for international i follow AP,  Reuters and Xinhua

Al jazeera Qatar brotherhood sponsored TV

Russian today kremlin sponsored TV

TV5 you speak about TV5 Thai, or TV5 Monde ?

Edited by than

Can you see the big world picture here. I'll  try to paint it a little more!

Farage, and then the vote to leave was a step back for the master plan; big business, the elites, banksters and those who want the world with one currency and one policeman. World domination by the few!!

Cameron only agreed to a binding referendum 'cause he thought he could not possibly lose and to shut Farage up. The Brits spent decades wondering where the great wealth of the UK actually was. Very little of it was coming their way. They had had enough, and in 2016, voted accordingly.

The National debt (1.2 tri pounds) is owed to those who run the EU (and the BkofEng).

Brits, through alternative media, are becoming informed and are gradually waking up from their ignorant slumber. My message to the people is free yourself from tyranny, servitude and slavery. Leaving a decaying, crumbling EU is the first step.

Edited by owl sees all
wrong word

9 minutes ago, than said:

Media part and crosscheck is just for national news, for international i follow AP,  Reuters and Xinhua

Al jazeera Qatar brotherhood sponsored TV

Russian today kremlin sponsored TV

TV5 you speak about TV5 Thai, or TV5 Monde ?

Al Jazeera is far from propaganda, They did one of the best Yingluck Shiniwattra interviews. Much better than the fawning Head/BBC.

RT do carry some interesting stories that otherwise don't get aired. 

TV5 Monde. 

For Thai news it's Channel 7 and a couple of others.

I've worked with Reuters, not on journalism, so know them, and follow them. Xinhua is good. AP okish.

All news media have their bias. Whether country, government or owner driven,

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can you see the big world picture here. I'll  try to paint it a little more!

Farage, and then the vote to leave was a step back for the master plan. Big business, the elites, banksters and those who want the world with one currency and one policeman. World domination by the few!!

Cameron only agreed to a binding referendum 'cause he thought he could not possibly lose and to shut Farage up. The Brits spent decades wondering where the great wealth of the UK actually was. Very little of it was coming their way. They had had enough, and in 2016, voted accordingly.

The National debt (1.2 tri pounds) is owed to those who run the EU (and the BkofEng).

Brits, through alternative media, are becoming informed and are gradually waking up from their ignorant slumber. My message to the people is free yourself from tyranny, servitude and slavery. Leaving a decaying, crumbling EU is the first step.

Whilst not wishing to fuel conspiracy theories, it does seem that there is a push from some quarters to "ever greater integration". 

Climate change, ever growing population, looming water shortages, pressures on food production and distribution, consumption of the earth's resources are major issues requiring a global solution implementation. And that can't happen at the moment. The issue is for whose benefit will that be implemented. Not necessarily the whole of mankind's.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Al Jazeera is far from propaganda, They did one of the best Yingluck Shiniwattra interviews. Much better than the fawning Head/BBC.

RT do carry some interesting stories that otherwise don't get aired. 

TV5 Monde. 

For Thai news it's Channel 7 and a couple of others.

I've worked with Reuters, not on journalism, so know them, and follow them. Xinhua is good. AP okish.

All news media have their bias. Whether country, government or owner driven,

Well you look a french Tv

for RT http://www.fakenewschecker.com/fake-news-source/rt-russia-today

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

EU commissioners are proposed by national governments. New legislation has to be agreed upon by member states and passed by the European parliament which is directly elected by EU voters.

The EPP controls all - no disagreement!

14 hours ago, webfact said:

May said it was right for the rest of the bloc to look at its future but made it clear that Britain wanted to remain a key partner.

This approach might help UK get a better trade agreement with the EU as well. But any extra export revenues will need to go to improving UK military readiness if it's going to support the EU security.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/uk-military-readiness-called-into-question-litany-equipment-problems-surface-1604889

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/15/dilapidated-military-bases-putting-uk-armed-forces-readiness-at-risk

"Europe can no longer completely rely on its longstanding British and US allies, Angela Merkel has warned – saying the EU must now be prepared to “take its fate into its own hands”.

the German chancellor suggested the postwar western alliance had been badly undermined by the UK’s Brexit vote and Donald Trump’s election as US president."

Well, if the EU has to "take its fate into its own hands" without the help of the UK and the USA,,,,,,,,good luck with that, as all the members will need to increase their defence spending substantially, which is, I beleieve, exactly what Trump suggested.

47 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

"Europe can no longer completely rely on its longstanding British and US allies, Angela Merkel has warned – saying the EU must now be prepared to “take its fate into its own hands”.

the German chancellor suggested the postwar western alliance had been badly undermined by the UK’s Brexit vote and Donald Trump’s election as US president."

Well, if the EU has to "take its fate into its own hands" without the help of the UK and the USA,,,,,,,,good luck with that, as all the members will need to increase their defence spending substantially, which is, I beleieve, exactly what Trump suggested.

Angela Merkel is a fully paid up member of an European elite that is aiming for a 'one world - one currency' utopia. Run by 1% of the people for the benefit of 100%. I can understand her frustration with the US 'cause she can't get them to return Germany's gold. The US in turn is distressed 'cause it can't get Iran, North Korea and to a lessor degree Russia and China to see things its way. 

When the dollar crashes (November 2018 my research suggests) all the world's currencies will go with it. The only money that will be worth anything will be that which is backed up by a worthwhile commodity (gold, silver, oil, food etc). Back to bartering!

The Iraqi war was started to save the dollar. In the UK we have little oil and little gold or silver. Germany have been buying it up as much as possible. China too!! They know that WW3 (crash of the US dollar) is about to start.

Thailand start storing your rice!! And "hand in your gold for the love of Thailand" messages coming soon (2019/2020).

Edited by owl sees all

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Dear retired and also the owl.

I do wish you would read everything and understand it.

Germany is the highest contributor to EU anyway,  Brexit has nothing to do with it. may is trying to water down the climate change deal. Britain has always played Games and will loose this time as well. May is just a plaything for the US like your last 2 prime Ministers have been. The UK has never really been a part of the EU, they will not be sorely missed. The UK needs the EU much more then the other way around. You are welcome to keep spying for the US. Have a great time and don't forget to pay your bill.

1 hour ago, jobwolf said:

You are welcome to keep spying for the US. Have a great time and don't forget to pay your bill.

How did you know!!?? Is it that obvious?

Yes; I am personally pleased that we have deserted the sinking, rotten EU ship. I am not against a united Europe; but not for this undemocratic model.

Angela Merkel works on behalf of the banskers and big business. Unfortunately for some, the UK buys 16/17% of German manufactured cars. Germany have the greatest influence in the EU and would not be best pleased to see EU unelected bureaucrats decimate one of her biggest industries. Even she would have to take notice of the average German's thoughts on that one.

The biggest threat to world peace is that private institution the FED. Far worse than the 'threats' than we keep hearing about from around the world. Some spy I am!! Perhaps you are referring to the other 'spy'. Or I might be a spy spying on the spies!

As a foot note; I am a fully committed member of "Freedom for the world through democracy" party. or <deleted>. 

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

1 hour ago, jobwolf said:

don't forget to pay your bill

Yes jobwolf! On second/third reading you have a point; if I am reading it correctly.

I think you are referring to the UK's fee to the EU when we leave!? Of course the UK has signed up for things and has undertaken certain programmes and will have to pay something. No matter what the bill. GET OUT at any cost is better than staying in that sinking ship.

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Angela Merkel is a fully paid up member of an European elite that is aiming for a 'one world - one currency' utopia. Run by 1% of the people for the benefit of 100%. I can understand her frustration with the US 'cause she can't get them to return Germany's gold. The US in turn is distressed 'cause it can't get Iran, North Korea and to a lessor degree Russia and China to see things its way. 

When the dollar crashes (November 2018 my research suggests) all the world's currencies will go with it. The only money that will be worth anything will be that which is backed up by a worthwhile commodity (gold, silver, oil, food etc). Back to bartering!

The Iraqi war was started to save the dollar. In the UK we have little oil and little gold or silver. Germany have been buying it up as much as possible. China too!! They know that WW3 (crash of the US dollar) is about to start.

Thailand start storing your rice!! And "hand in your gold for the love of Thailand" messages coming soon (2019/2020).

Gold Bugs have been predicting the crash of the dollar for ages now. I remember when they were predicting hyperinflation when the USA was "printing money" via quantitative easing. How did that work out? It's functionally no different from those Christians who believe that the apocalypse is near and that Jesus will be coming back any day now.

17 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Gold Bugs have been predicting the crash of the dollar for ages now. I remember when they were predicting hyperinflation when the USA was "printing money" via quantitative easing. How did that work out? It's functionally no different from those Christians who believe that the apocalypse is near and that Jesus will be coming back any day now.

Thanks.

I have laid out my prediction (November 2018) for the dollar crash. The bit about the Thai junta asking for donations was just an attempt at humour.

I think these US fundamental Christians secretly wish an apocalyptic event, just so they can say "told you so". There's nothing more than these religious nuts would like more than being proved right for the first time.

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You should lay of the absinthe. Have a cup of tea and a biscuit

4 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Be careful what you wish for 

36 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes jobwolf! On second/third reading you have a point; if I am reading it correctly.

I think you are referring to the UK's fee to the EU when we leave!? Of course the UK has signed up for things and has undertaken certain programmes and will have to pay something. No matter what the bill. GET OUT at any cost is better than staying in that sinking ship.

Doesn't seem to be sinking so fast as far as I can see!

Merkel is enboldened by Macron's victory and they might actually be able to cobble something together after brexit, but the reality is that the EU is deeply flawed in many ways and needs it's constitution to be written by people who can see further than their pension.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

That fee is nowhere near the idiotic sum they are asking for, as for paying the subs for the 2 years of membership remaining then yes we should pay and get the huck out of dodge 

Quote "Europe can no longer completely rely on its longstanding British and US allies, Angela Merkel has warned – saying the EU must now be prepared to “take its fate into its own hands”.

Not really what 45 suggested.

He wants European nations to pony up under the 1000lb gorilla which is the US military. If they up their defence spending without the help of US/UK they can concentrate on national/regional security and avoid being drawn into bloody, useless, US invented conflicts.

Not what 45 wants at all.

49 minutes ago, Caps said:

That fee is nowhere near the idiotic sum they are asking for, as for paying the subs for the 2 years of membership remaining then yes we should pay and get the huck out of dodge 

I read the leaving fee could be as much as 70Billion pounds. The National debt annual bill (paid by law by the UK taxpayers) to the people that run the BkofEng and the Euro banks is 56Billion a year (although 6/7Billion of this finds its way back to the UK Treasury) Brexit gives the UK a chance to go its own way in the world. It will not be easy and Gordon Brown didn't help selling off the UK gold.

To get away from the banskers the UK would need a new currency to run - for at least a while - alongside the GBP. I don't think the UK has the gold reserves to back it with but perhaps silver!!

Getting info on what the UK has and has not got is difficult and shrouded in mist and secrecy.

As for the EU; it's doomed to failure. Because a couple of election results have suited the banskers the end game is not yet in sight.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

You should lay of the absinthe. Have a cup of tea and a biscuit

As you know Grouse; absinthe is a favourite tipple of mine along with the single malt (both available in Laos).

Time for a cup of tea with a bicky I think. To early for the more serious stuff. Probably have to write a couple of posts yet.