Getting service at Chiang Mai immigration ?

Soon I will be going to CM immigration (airport) to get an extension on my Non - B visa.

Can somebody please tell me what the current situation is regarding :

A)      What time one needs to be there to get a que number, and where to line up for that que.

B)     How many days before ones Non - B visa extension expires can one go to apply for another extension ?  30 days, 45 days, etc.....

Gratefully yours,

Mystic 1

The office near the airport is closed. You will do it at the Promenade office.

A. Not sure what the situation is when a applying for an extension of stay (not a visa) based upon working is.

B. It is 30 days.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The office near the airport is closed. You will do it at the Promenade office.

A. Not sure what the situation is when a applying for an extension of stay (not a visa) based upon working is.

B. It is 30 days.

"Extension of stay". So many messerchmitts here are always correcting those who writes "extension of visa". Even Global Moderators like in this case.

A Visa is a permission to enter and stay for a certain time in a country.

Ergo. An extansion of the time you are permitted to stay _is_ an extension of the Visa.

(Please note that English isn't my native language if there are any misspellings or bad grammar.)

Edited by jimmysjo

27 minutes ago, jimmysjo said:

"Extension of stay". So many messerchmitts here are always correcting those who writes "extension of visa". Even Global Moderators like in this case.

A Visa is a permission to enter and stay for a certain time in a country.

Ergo. An extansion of the time you are permitted to stay _is_ an extension of the Visa.

(Please note that English isn't my native language if there are any misspellings or bad grammar.)

A visa allows you to enter a country. The stamp you receive in your passport is your permission to stay.

When on an extension of stay, based in this case on a non-B visa, the extension given is for the allowed stay granted previously. Your visa will be expired.

But I'm sure UBJ will explain that better than I can..................:sleep:

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1

Get a visa agent.  Much simpler.  I did my own visa extensions up until they closed the online queue system.  Now with the consolidation of offices to the Promenade, an agent is the way to go.  Thank God and my lucky stars, a new immigration office opened within 30km of where I live.  No more dealing with Chiang Mai immigration.  Halleluyah!  :biggrin:  Although the new office has it's own issues, having to stand in line at zero-dark thirty or dealing with a hundred or so other foreigners isn't one of them.  And  I don't need a agent.  Other option.  Live somewhere other than Chiang Mai.  :thumbsup:  Get the agent!  Best of luck!
Edited by connda

When I extended my permission to stay at CM immigration in January I went at 8.00 am and intended to use G4T the agent that is based in  promenada. I checked downstairs first and, wonder of wonders got a queue number. Lucky, I know, but it's always worth checking. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Last time I did my extension at the Airport office there was already a queue at 1AM.

This year I paid an agent to do everything - cost 5000 Baht, they do all the photo copies all the leg work and you just turn up at Promenada wait maybe 15 minutes then go in with the agent and you will be out in 20 minutes.

You don't even have to open your mouth or even look at them.

Worth every single Baht! (You can even pick your time - AM / PM - the agent will call you about 1 hour before you need to be there with a more specific time)

PM Me if you want contact details for a really helpful guy in CM.

And as Ubonjoe said, Airport office in CM is closed at present, but they are supposed to be moving everything back there later this year.

What was the total cost of your extension, i.e. agent fee plus extension? Was that with single or multiple re-entry permit?

I do use an agent. Just want to shop around.

On 05/30/2017 at 3:04 PM, chrisinth said:

A visa allows you to enter a country. The stamp you receive in your passport is your permission to stay.

When on an extension of stay, based in this case on a non-B visa, the extension given is for the allowed stay granted previously. Your visa will be expired.

But I'm sure UBJ will explain that better than I can..................:sleep:

Semantics.

When you get a visa you get a stamp or a sticker in your passport saying how long you are allowed to stay after entering the country. Call it whatever you want when extending the time you are allowed to stay, but do _not_ come and say that those who call it an extension of visa are wrong like you were a "know it all".

Semantics as I said.

1 hour ago, jimmysjo said:

Semantics.

When you get a visa you get a stamp or a sticker in your passport saying how long you are allowed to stay after entering the country. Call it whatever you want when extending the time you are allowed to stay, but do _not_ come and say that those who call it an extension of visa are wrong like you were a "know it all".

Semantics as I said.

My friend, you should really try to calm down a bit.

It wasn't me that crashed the thread calling people 'messerchmitts' then ranting about something that had nothing to do with the OP. If you can't handle some constructive criticism, perhaps you should keep your views to yourself?

Have a nice day mate. 

Dealing with this right now.
I am assuming these agents are easy to find at the promenade mall?
If anyone has time to pm me an honest one and a price, I would greatly appreciate it.
My wife is in Chiangmai right now with another American. She is on the 30 day now. She has plans that will last until July 15th. Then she will be meeting me in Hong Kong.
She would rather not cross the border and come back to "get" another 30 days. (If that is still done?)
New here. Appreciate any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i went there on tuesday at 7 am and I had queue number 6 (for non imm B extension of stay) 

that queue sits somewhat separate from the other lines, at right hand side.

i didn't use an agent.

Edited by orchis

On 6/6/2017 at 8:33 PM, Alessandri said:

My wife is in Chiangmai right now with another American. She is on the 30 day now. She has plans that will last until July 15th. Then she will be meeting me in Hong Kong.

She does not need an agent to apply for a 30 day extension of her 30 day visa exempt entry. Those are routinely done.