HDPrime....the new Ilikehd

KhonKaenKowboy

13 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> I'd be very sad if I felt my fast internet service offered no benefits.

You should feel sad that you don't get the point, which is actually quite simple

To stream HD and Full HD live streams you need between 5 and 8 Mb, even if you have 1Gb downstream it will not give you any advantage, because you can't stream or load in your buffer what hasn't been broadcast yet.

https://www.dacast.com/blog/bandwidth-requirements-streaming-live-video/

The amount of bandwidth required will depend on the quality of the stream. For a ballpark estimate of the speed required for streaming live video, here are the estimates that Netflix provides to its users (which are roughly transferable to live streaming):

• 500 Kbps – lowest required speed for streaming
  • 1.5 Mbps – recommended speed for quality viewing
  • 3 Mbps – Standard Definition video
  • 5-8 Mbps – 720p and 1080p High Definition
  • 25 Mbps – 4K Ultra High Definition

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

You should feel sad that you don't get the point, which is actually quite simple

To stream HD and Full HD live streams you need between 5 and 8 Mb, even if you have 1Gb downstream it will not give you any advantage, because you can't stream what isn't broadcast yet.

https://www.dacast.com/blog/bandwidth-requirements-streaming-live-video/

The amount of bandwidth required will depend on the quality of the stream. For a ballpark estimate of the speed required for streaming live video, here are the estimates that Netflix provides to its users (which are roughly transferable to live streaming):

• 500 Kbps – lowest required speed for streaming
  • 1.5 Mbps – recommended speed for quality viewing
  • 3 Mbps – Standard Definition video
  • 5-8 Mbps – 720p and 1080p High Definition
  • 25 Mbps – 4K Ultra High Definition

Thanks for the lesson. I don't have problems watching channels on HDPrime. It's a great service and inexpensive. I didn't pay for a 100 Mbps Internet service for IPTV, but it certainly comes in handy. I wouldn't trade it in for a free 9 Mbps adsl service.

Just now, tropo said:

Thanks for the lesson. I don't have problems watching channels on HDPrime. It's a great service and inexpensive. I didn't pay for a 100 Mbps Internet service for IPTV, but it certainly comes in handy. I wouldn't trade it in for a free 9 Mbps adsl service.

I know you don't like to be corrected, but I DON'T have a FREE ADSL connection, but I'm glad for you that you are so rich that you can afford a 100Mbps fibre connection.

And yes, for a IPTV service that needs only 8Mb to function, you sure should have no problem with a 100Mb connection, but no benefits also.

May be try to read my posts again, then you notice that I said I get the streams for free, as do several TVF members because I helped them set up.

So what you think is the cheapest, inexpensive or free?

And what we are discussing in this thread is IPTV, not internet connections and what you need your 100Mb for.

Over and out.

47 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I know you don't like to be corrected, but I DON'T have a FREE ADSL connection, but I'm glad for you that you are so rich that you can afford a 100Mbps fibre connection.

And yes, for a IPTV service that needs only 8Mb to function, you sure should have no problem with a 100Mb connection, but no benefits also.

May be try to read my posts again, then you notice that I said I get the streams for free, as do several TVF members because I helped them set up.

So what you think is the cheapest, inexpensive or free?

And what we are discussing in this thread is IPTV, not internet connections and what you need your 100Mb for.

Over and out.

LOL> I  meant to say I wouldn't trade my 100 Mb fiber connection for a free 9 Mb adsl connection.  

Yeah, we can all get free streams on the Internet. That's not hard. HDPrime provides a very nice interface. At 380/570 per month, it's virtually free... that hardly covers dinner. 

We are actually discussing HDPrime here, check the title again.

6 hours ago, tropo said:

LOL> I  meant to say I wouldn't trade my 100 Mb fiber connection for a free 9 Mb adsl connection.  

Yeah, we can all get free streams on the Internet. That's not hard. HDPrime provides a very nice interface. At 380/570 per month, it's virtually free... that hardly covers dinner. 

We are actually discussing HDPrime here, check the title again.

You're right we are actually discussing HDPrime, I got carried away by someone who came here to claim that buffering was unavoidable, unless you had such a superior 100Mb fibre connecting like him. :smile:

And yes everyone can get streams from the internet, however my streams aren't plucked from the internet and my interface might look even nicer than that of HDPrime, in fact many of my streams come from the exact same source as where HDPrime get his.

But as said, over and out and I'm out of here, as this gets into a my d**k is bigger than your contest rather than being informative for the members, for the reason explained in the first line of this post.

interface.JPG.e8d0d14599c5be58ea198ace4be4d06f.JPG596035a018f96_interface2.JPG.da2d0ea292e2cf7850a59eb0310162c2.JPG596035a17467a_interface3.JPG.7118303b9b8ec4a9939292bfa63dc591.JPG

5 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

You're right we are actually discussing HDPrime, I got carried away by someone who came here to claim that buffering was unavoidable, unless you had such a superior 100Mb fibre connecting like him. :smile:

And yes everyone can get streams from the internet, however my streams aren't plucked from the internet and my interface might look even nicer than that of HDPrime, in fact many of my streams come from the exact same source as where HDPrime get his.

But as said, over and out and I'm out of here, as this gets into a my d**k is bigger than your contest rather than being informative for the members, for the reason explained in the first line of this post.

You keep telling me you're out of here, but you come back for more. Going by some of the posts you put up here before I came along, you certainly came across as playing the "my d**k is bigger than your contest". You were right on the "I'm smarter than everyone else" bandwagon because you can get better services for free.

Mostly you just came here to rubbish HDPrime and brag about how good your free service is. You felt the need to insult people who use HDPrime. 

Someone came on here and suggested that speed may be a critical factor as that someone doesn't have buffering problems with his fast connection. As we don't know what connection speeds other members that are having trouble with HDPrime are running, we won't know how much of a factor speed is. HDPrime were having problems, but they are working through them, so perhaps anyone running a 9Mb adsl connection may find it running smoothly now.

That part of the interface you went to the trouble of posting is not what I'm interested in. Show me your channel interface with all the channels you can get, along with movies and TV series. I'm particularly interested in news channels. I don't use a set-top box as I access HDPrime through my laptop.

18 minutes ago, tropo said:

Show me your channel interface with all the channels you can get, along with movies and TV series. I'm particularly interested in news channels.

You want me to post screen shot of the channel interface of 1800 Channels, sorted by country, not including movies and tv series, since the latter is unlimited ?

Every movie or tv show ever released, from transformers: the last knight released 2 weeks ago to the sound of music, are available on demand and with subtitles in whatever language you speak. Same goes for tv series, what is released yesterday on whatever network to each and every episode of happy days.

I'm particularly interested in news channels. I don't use a set-top box as I access my TV through my laptop.

You may have noticed that the screen shots were taken from a PC, and I am not trying to promote the free streams I access to you or anyone,  only that what people pay HDPrime for and a lot on top of that is available for free.

And I don't need to rubbish HDPrime, Alan Reeks does a good job at that himself.

By the way I'm confident that you are not interested at all, because everyone on this forum knows already what Tropo has, whatever that may be, is always the best and nothing compares to it.

4 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

By the way I'm confident that you are not interested at all, because everyone on this forum knows already what Tropo has, whatever that may be, is always the best and nothing compares to it.

You keep telling me you're done with this thread???? (I'll ignore such promises from now on)

Tropo uses HDPrime and is happy with it, but as you don't seem to comprehend, having HDPrime is merely buying some points and using them up, so it's not a commitment. Your maximum commitment is 380 baht, the price of a meal.

If you hadn't been such a smartass in the way you promote your free streaming service, tropo and other members might have been interested in having a look. You have the attitude that anyone who uses HDPrime is an idiot. Surely if you have every channel on the planet to watch you wouldn't have so much spare time to post rubbish on here. Get watching and leave us idiots to watch HDPrime.:smile:

Sorry to interrupt the bickering.  :smile:

I always used Ilikehd when I wanted to watch a sporting event.  I would just buy enough points for a few hours.  

It's Wimbledon time and I see it is no more.  So I go to HDPrime figuring I would buy the cheapest package.  But it seems not to be working anymore and is stuck on the intro page.   https://hdprime.tv/hdp-webapp/webapp/index.phpi  is that right?  Do I have to buy a package before it will show me the channels or is it down?

Anyways, can someone point me in the direction of pay service or free streaming so I can watch Wimbledon.  Thanks!!!!

Sorry to interrupt the bickering.  [emoji2]

I always used Ilikehd when I wanted to watch a sporting event.  I would just buy enough points for a few hours.  

It's Wimbledon time and I see it is no more.  So I go to HDPrime figuring I would buy the cheapest package.  But it seems not to be working anymore and is stuck on the intro page.   https://hdprime.tv/hdp-webapp/webapp/index.phpi  is that right?  Do I have to buy a package before it will show me the channels or is it down?

Anyways, can someone point me in the direction of pay service or free streaming so I can watch Wimbledon.  Thanks!!!!

You can't buy the short hour packages anymore.
If you do sign up again, go to the settings section, in the scroll down left section, and do the speed check, which should set up for the best reception .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

You can't buy the short hour packages anymore.
If you do sign up again, go to the settings section, in the scroll down left section, and do the speed check, which should set up for the best reception .

I don't see a speed check under settings. All I see is a selection of servers and resolutions.

I don't see a speed check under settings. All I see is a selection of servers and resolutions.

You may not be able to view the whole page , due to your mobile phone or what ever, because of its set up. Just klick as you go down past the servers and you will see speed test.

I've been watching Wimbledon and a bit if buffering, but my speed test set up for the Thai servers and HD Tv. As Wimbledon comes from UK, I manually changed the servers to Europe, and decreased the resolutionfrom HD to like SD, and no more buffering but pic good.

Just starting to play with the manual server selection and it seems promising.

It's like this: Wimbledon is on about 5 channels...pick the best one then check the servers and resolution to fine tune for no buffering.

8 minutes ago, carlyai said:

You may not be able to view the whole page , due to your mobile phone or what ever, because of its set up. Just klick as you go down past the servers and you will see speed test.

I've been watching Wimbledon and a bit if buffering, but my speed test set up for the Thai servers and HD Tv. As Wimbledon comes from UK, I manually changed the servers to Europe, and decreased the resolutionfrom HD to like SD, and no more buffering but pic good.

Just starting to play with the manual server selection and it seems promising.

It's like this: Wimbledon is on about 5 channels...pick the best one then check the servers and resolution to fine tune for no buffering.

I'm using my laptop to access HDPrime. This is all I see:

HDPrime settings.jpg

I see. Maybe it's a function of the player then? I'm using their Beta player.

Anyway if you get buffering, have a manual fiddle with the server, resolution setup.

Maybe in the downloads you can download the Beta player?

18 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I see. Maybe it's a function of the player then? I'm using their Beta player.

Anyway if you get buffering, have a manual fiddle with the server, resolution setup.

Maybe in the downloads you can download the Beta player?

The app is designed for tablets and the TV box. Anyway, no problem. I'm able to adjust the servers and resolution manually.

29 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Any better when you have a fiddle with the servers etc?

I haven't really noticed a difference. I generally use the Asia server. I think the closest international server is probably going to give the best result, but I'm just guessing. It would be good if they could give a bit more detailed information about this.

Yes it would. Try and get the server speed test app going. You can sort of see from that which servers are faster. It's just a graphic representation with 'dots',....like leaving your finger on the full stop key. The slower server dots seem to move in stops and starts. Not very technical I know.
Watching BBC news now and perfect.

7 hours ago, carlyai said:

Yes it would. Try and get the server speed test app going. You can sort of see from that which servers are faster. It's just a graphic representation with 'dots',....like leaving your finger on the full stop key. The slower server dots seem to move in stops and starts. Not very technical I know.
Watching BBC news now and perfect.

The app doesn't work with Windows 10, and it's no use if I install it on my Android device as I use LAN with my laptop whereas my Android device uses wireless and I lose half my speed.

Are you using the TV box?

Just a general info question , does HD Prime tv do anything like 7 day catch up ? Not being a sports fan what i am looking for is reliable News channels and the ability to record or catch up  current prime time series  , not so much the 6month old series.Thank you for any replies. I am currently using TV Mucho which is a really well run and easy to set up alternate which does have everything i require except it is all over the place when it comes to stability.

I wouldn't switch just yet, they still have problems and I'm not sure if they have catch up working yet as it's not populated. Something called return, but nothing there with my set up.

I wouldn't switch just yet, they still have problems and I'm not sure if they have catch up working yet as it's not populated. Something called return, but nothing there with my set up.

If you click into TV guide (I think you have to save your favourite channels first to see them in here) it has catch up tv - click on the channel and then the date and it shows all listings from that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Now I'm getting the hand of switching servers for the content I want, it seems pretty good reception streaming.
I suppose it's like any new interface design, takes a while to work it out.
I remember Windows when they changed to the new versions of Excel, Word etc.
Bit the bullet and did a month with the lot. Seems good.

http://www.iptvthailand.tv

Not sure if this service has been covered in this forum but the above link takes you to a new IPTV provider that appears to be pretty good.  I have a mate who is pretty clued up on the scene and he has just cancelled his NitroTV service and signed up for this one. I have not given it a try yet as I have time left on my Nitro subscription but I will give the 3 day trial a go soon.

It only has UK channels though so it may not appeal to Americans.

Without knowing exactly what you're trying to do - try a long press of the OK key. (press and hold)

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Hi. Was trying to save a channel to 'favourites'. Long press on OK doesn't give a right click for me.

35 minutes ago, Coota said:

http://www.iptvthailand.tv

Not sure if this service has been covered in this forum but the above link takes you to a new IPTV provider that appears to be pretty good.  I have a mate who is pretty clued up on the scene and he has just cancelled his NitroTV service and signed up for this one. I have not given it a try yet as I have time left on my Nitro subscription but I will give the 3 day trial a go soon.

It only has UK channels though so it may not appeal to Americans.

Everyone hears the alarm bells already?

IPTV Thailand
Trendy Condo
Sukhumvit Soi 13
Wattana 10110
Bangkok Thailand
P: iptvthailand
E: [email protected]

Archived