HDPrime....the new Ilikehd

KhonKaenKowboy

I cant comment on the free streaming services as I am guessing they are very basic with no load balancing , I will explain how xtream codes iptv services works for most providers.

Most channels are sourced from a supplier, this supplier does not sell to the public, they provide channels to IPTV companies that then sell to the public either directly or via resellers.  

The iptv company then allows access to these channels using a service such as this

https://www.xtream-codes.com/iptv_pro.html

When a customer connects, a main feeder server will send the customers to the best located server , it works on bandwidth not ports.

The local isp is very important, true internet are very strict with streaming services but they also have the best international links.

If your isp only has a low bandwidth backbone to certain countries then it will struggle for streaming.

I think as people that live in Thailand we should just stick with iptv services that have servers in USA ( west coast) and singapore, this will give us a good service for live tv for now.  Most good suppliers will have servers in those locations as they well located for NZ/AUS customers as well.

9 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Good explanation[mention=273761]skippy121[/mention] .

So someone decided to rebroadcast, say CNN, so they setup a server with say 256 ports. People with free service boxes connect to this server for CNN but all the ports are full, so you can't connect to the server, or the sever is programmed to kick you off after 3 mins, let someone else connect, then you can connect to another port, hence buffering. Is this how it works?

How does your local ISP effect your connection once it is established?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On buffering. This is a question or two.

So you have a stream that you're viewing, say the tennis from the UK. The feed is from 1 server in the UK. Your set top box is connected to the UK server 1. Something happens to the feed from UK server 1 so your box magic sends a signal to UK server 1 that it's lost signal (and you get buffering or waiting for enough information in your box to show the tennis again).

UK server 1 knows you've lost feed so it switches your feed to another server, say Euro 5, bit of hand shaking and you have your feed back again.

I'm only guessing it works something like this.

So, why can't you buy some hardware, like a Hard Drive and some magic electronics that stores all the feed stream, and feeds from different servers, renders or fixed up the pic. to your tv, and stores the complete composite feed.

Then you could watch ever show or tennis about 2 hr later and no buffering etc.

There must be this technology around.

Example: the tennis is on at 0800 and you sort it in your magic black box and watch it at 1400hr.

PS I know you can store a program and watch it later (I think), but is ALL the feed there without buffering?)

5 hours ago, carlyai said:

On buffering. This is a question or two.

So you have a stream that you're viewing, say the tennis from the UK. The feed is from 1 server in the UK. Your set top box is connected to the UK server 1. Something happens to the feed from UK server 1 so your box magic sends a signal to UK server 1 that it's lost signal (and you get buffering or waiting for enough information in your box to show the tennis again).

UK server 1 knows you've lost feed so it switches your feed to another server, say Euro 5, bit of hand shaking and you have your feed back again.

I'm only guessing it works something like this.

So, why can't you buy some hardware, like a Hard Drive and some magic electronics that stores all the feed stream, and feeds from different servers, renders or fixed up the pic. to your tv, and stores the complete composite feed.

Then you could watch ever show or tennis about 2 hr later and no buffering etc.

There must be this technology around.

Example: the tennis is on at 0800 and you sort it in your magic black box and watch it at 1400hr.

PS I know you can store a program and watch it later (I think), but is ALL the feed there without buffering?)

it sounds to me like you want to be able to record to your local device and play from there so internet is not needed at all while you view.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pecana.iptvextreme&hl=en

the above app allows that and is very easy to use,

any iptv service that supports xtream codes will work great on this , just plug a 64gb usb thumb drive into your android box

• 2 weeks later...
Ace IPTV are resellers for Flawless as far as I'm aware.  

You'ld be better going straight to the main source.
Looking at the pictures of the stbemu program on the Ace IPTV website the pictures do appear to show the Flawless setup. But looking at the web address they say to use it looks as though they have changed to Mega.

I currently have subs to both but have to say Flawless is slightly the better of the two most of the time.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Looking at the pictures of the stbemu program on the Ace IPTV website the pictures do appear to show the Flawless setup. But looking at the web address they say to use it looks as though they have changed to Mega.

I currently have subs to both but have to say Flawless is slightly the better of the two most of the time.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

I have found Ace to be better for me. When I used flawless I struggled with buffering on HD channels but with Ace I've had no issues so far. Both good services all in all.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Davpatt1, can I ask how you connect to ACE? For me, at peak hours - 7pm to midnight - the picture regularly freezes even on SD. It is the same on my computer - via Kodi and browser - and the Android Box. I have a TOT Fibre 2U 100/20 mb package  and suspect my line is being throttled at peak hours. At those times, I cannot connect unless I use a VPN, which slows down the process.

Davpatt1, can I ask how you connect to ACE? For me, at peak hours - 7pm to midnight - the picture regularly freezes even on SD. It is the same on my computer - via Kodi and browser - and the Android Box. I have a TOT Fibre 2U 100/20 mb package  and suspect my line is being throttled at peak hours. At those times, I cannot connect unless I use a VPN, which slows down the process.

Hi, I'm connecting to ACE on android box either using perfect player or their app. My internet speed here is 50/10 mb with BTV on the darkside. I suspect, as you say you provider is throttling your speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/7/2017 at 10:45 AM, sidelines said:

I have a TOT Fibre 2U 100/20 mb package  and suspect my line is being throttled at peak hours.

TOT seem to start throttling their international bandwidth at 8pm every night.

The only way to get them to accept it (because they tell you that they cannot guarantee international bandwidth) is to prove it to them.

Take screenshots of your bandwidth speed tests using testmy.net to international servers in the US, UK, and Europe, both before 8pm and after 8pm over a period of 4-5 days, then physically go to their local office and show them.

Tell them the dates that you first noticed it and try to tell them that it must be a problem at their end because it wasn't like that before. (That one always works... tell them that you have had better download speeds and that is why you are complaining now.)

It is the only way to get them to admit there is a problem and that they can fix it.

Be nice about it though... public displays of anger will never get you anywhere in Thailand and only demonstrate your lack of face.

You must be polite but determined... and miraculously your service will improve (without of course any acknowledgement or admittals from TOT).

• 4 weeks later...

Got the following answer to a query today:

We did a pretty major reboot of the system earlier today and found a few bottlenecks, which are now resolved. Let me assign you to Thai A server, it's giving me the best results on AIS internet here, please let me know if this helps

and indeed, so far so good... let's wait an hour and see when the big game starts!

Hello, I come to Thailand for 3/4 weeks in November and February each year, in the past I have used Thai Expat Tv which was excellent for my needs. If I go for ACE TV can you access the British channels on demand, that is not watch them live, I imagine that is OK else many viewers would be looking at Dragons Den at about 4am. :)

I have a Windows 7 laptop and the wifi in my guesthouse is usually OK with no or little buffering.

Will Ace do what Thai Expat TV did for me in the past?

TIA

On 14/09/2017 at 0:19 AM, Gus0898uk said:

Hello, I come to Thailand for 3/4 weeks in November and February each year, in the past I have used Thai Expat Tv which was excellent for my needs. If I go for ACE TV can you access the British channels on demand, that is not watch them live, I imagine that is OK else many viewers would be looking at Dragons Den at about 4am. :)

I have a Windows 7 laptop and the wifi in my guesthouse is usually OK with no or little buffering.

Will Ace do what Thai Expat TV did for me in the past?

TIA

Try teatime.tv, has British channels and 24 hr catchup, and at moment its Free.

regards worgeordie

There was a post yesterday that teatimetv didn't work anymore

It was working for me last night okay, but I did have an issue where it wouldn't find a program I wanted to watch and showed me a different one ( maybe the guide was wrong ? ) .
I changed to a different channel and it worked fine.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Working for me ,right now, it wont work if you use a VPN,

regards worgeordie

Just tried this for the first time, seems very stable , excellent picture quality, and a wide choice, a handy addition to what is currently available. I had my VPN on all the time, by mistake actually, no problems noted.

Just tried this for the first time, seems very stable , excellent picture quality, and a wide choice, a handy addition to what is currently available. I had my VPN on all the time, by mistake actually, no problems noted.

Yes it's pretty good.
You get 7 days catch up by changing the date to whatever day you want.
Plus, you can modify the channels displayed i.e. move all the channels you are unlikely to watch ( CBeebies etc ) to the end of the list by rearranging the icons.

By the way, I found that the standard browser that comes with Android 4.4 (just called Browser) doesn't work with Teatime and for the most part only gives sound.  Using Firefox makes it run OK although switching from one programme to another or changing channels seems to require a restart of the application.  Good streaming with no buffering in HQ setting (looks like 720p) on a 30/10 connection.

• 2 months later...

Archived